Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 troy184 @ 11/15/13 12:26 AM
"I think we have heard this expression 7,000 times, it's a passing league..." Why yes Phil I actually have heard that expression 7,000 times lol

# 22 Texas Ace @ 11/15/13 12:29 AM
And this just confirms that the decision I made to not buy this game at all was a good one. NBA2K for me!

# 23 grodbetatted @ 11/15/13 12:32 AM
I swear people just dislike EA if this same gameplay said 2k people would be like it looks great

# 24 The JareBear @ 11/15/13 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodtooreal
I swear people just dislike EA if this same gameplay said 2k people would be like it looks great
Stop.

Just stop.

# 25 blingballa333 @ 11/15/13 12:34 AM
I tend to peek in every once in a while on these forums and just wanted to say a few things abut what I saw here. I haven't thoroughly enjoyed madden over the years. It has certainly seen improvements in the last few but there a couple things I noticed.

First off, where is the authenticity in this game? I guess I'm spoiled with NBA 2K, but some of the star players simply do not look like they're supposed to. For example, why does the Madden art crew see it fit to make Colin Kaepernick, arguably one of the most exciting QB's of last year look so generic, for lack of a better term? Where are his tattoos, facial hair, overall likeness? Dude has over 30 tattoos covering his body. Things like this may seem nit picky, but it really adds to the immersion factor, something that Madden has been sorely missing.

Another thing I noticed was the tackling animations. It doesn't seem like there is any momentum factoring into how someone gets tackled. For example, in the Eagles v. Redskins gameplay it seems as though LeSean McCoy was getting "flat backed" on almost every carry. RB's don't put up with that. They keep there legs moving and struggle for that extra yard. If he has 5-10 yards of open space, there is almost no excuse for him to get stopped in his tracks by the secondary or even a linebacker for that matter. Hopefully they can improve that in the future but right now it is glaring issue to me.

I'm gunna be straightfoward here. I never played football growing up. Was much more of a basketball-baseball guy, but I'm an avid Pittsburgh Steeler fan and have watched them for 15 years. I know what football is supposed to look like. And Madden just isn't there yet.

In short, I'm just waiting to be truly impressed by a Madden game. It's certainly a "good" game. But man they need to get the ball rolling and make this thing great. Once again, I consider myself spoiled with the NBA 2k franchise, but is this stuff too much to ask of Madden?

# 26 Danimal @ 11/15/13 12:39 AM
Where is the pocket and war in the trenches? First human play in the Eagles video guy dropped back 12 yards and threw it.

I didn't see one instance where someone needed to step up into the pocket.

# 27 buttsakk @ 11/15/13 12:41 AM
One thing I noticed was that everyone in the cut scenes were exactly the same height.

Kind of odd seeing Kendell Hunter looking Joe Staley eye to eye...

# 28 roadman @ 11/15/13 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Where is the pocket and war in the trenches? First human play in the Eagles video guy dropped back 12 yards and threw it.

I didn't see one instance where someone needed to step up into the pocket.
I'm confused, I didn't see anything I liked in this thread, but the other vids thread that Steve posted, there is a difference.

There is a pocket forming, hand to combat at the OL/DL and DE's pushing to get to the QB.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s4-videos.html

Edit- Actually, JP just explained it to me. The other thread is replays, where you see the true pockets, the DE's rushing up-field, while it's harder to notice these improvements with default camera play.

# 29 Armor and Sword @ 11/15/13 12:49 AM
It's a port.....nothing in those videos gameplay wise looked much different from what I am playing now on my PS3. Some slight differences in the line play....but nothing that makes me say wow....gotta go next gen now for Madden.

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 11/15/13 12:50 AM
Everyone go look at the other thread titled Madden NFL 25 PS4 Videos. The default camera is not showing this game off very well at all. Go watch those videos and tell me I'm wrong. Prepare to be surprised.

# 31 Danimal @ 11/15/13 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm confused, I didn't see anything I liked in this thread, but the other vids thread that Steve posted, there is a difference.

There is a pocket forming, hand to combat at the OL/DL and DE's pushing to get to the QB.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s4-videos.html
Where, I watched one all I see is zoomed in instant replay being shown. What am I missing?

# 32 roadman @ 11/15/13 12:54 AM
Quote:
Where, I watched one all I see is zoomed in instant replay being shown. What am I missing?
That's the difference that I made an edit in this thread.

Replays are showing the pockets, the DE's getting upfield much better than the default camera in this thread.

# 33 tril @ 11/15/13 12:55 AM
some of the game looks decent, other parts look so much like the same.
Like other folks have said, I didnt see any real QB pockets forming. However, I believe that could be because of the way the user was playing.
Every pass was drop back 10-15 yards, roll out, pass, pass off the wrong foot. how would an o-line form a pocket for this type of play styles. the user essentially could be breaking the play called because of the user actions.
that living worlds feature, didnt really notice it. There are too many cut scenes for this. at this stage the game should be real time. and that living feature should include, seeing players/packages subbing in and out, when those subs/packages change.

It also seems that the gameplay is confined/held back by the same slider set as current gen. Id like to know are there any new customizable gameplay sliders. and how about Penalties-do they finally work.

I briefly watched each video and didnt notice anything that would indicate, substantial game play improvements. The game looks better, but looks the same.

# 34 grodbetatted @ 11/15/13 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Stop.

Just stop.
Stop what it's true

# 35 Aggies7 @ 11/15/13 01:06 AM
For those with the game any new presentation details. (Halftime show, post game show, weekly recap, in game studio updates like NCAA)Has any of that been added

# 36 brent3419 @ 11/15/13 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
For those with the game any new presentation details. (Halftime show, post game show, weekly recap, in game studio updates like NCAA)Has any of that been added
no is the same as cg, seen it on a stream today

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 37 Aggies7 @ 11/15/13 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
no is the same as cg, seen it on a stream today

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
So frustrating. Thanks for the heads up

# 38 roadman @ 11/15/13 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
A interview with a few of the developers a few weeks ago posted here said they weren't ready for it, yet. They want to make sure everything else is right before diving in for that.

Could be another year or two??

# 39 Danimal @ 11/15/13 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's the difference that I made an edit in this thread.

Replays are showing the pockets, the DE's getting upfield much better than the default camera in this thread.
Ok so we have to watch replays to see realistic gameplay? We can't feel it while playing? That is what some people are going to hang their hat on?

By the way anyone see a penalty yet? I'm waiting for this statement from a developer to come true.

" because of gen4 consoles, penalties have shown an increased tendency."

# 40 roadman @ 11/15/13 01:29 AM
Quote:
Ok so we have to watch replays to see realistic gameplay? We can't feel it while playing? That is what some people are going to hang their hat on?
In my case, I'll need to purchase a NG system and then buy the game. Rob N51 said in the other thread that the media videos the Zfarls is showing is showing better zone D.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.