Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

PlayStation 4 owners have exclusive access to NBA 2K14 for a week or so, and if you own the game be sure to post your impressions below!

Our full review of NBA 2K14 is coming next week!

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RocketTMac1 @ 11/15/13 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Rocket have you played any MyGM?
Not yet. But when I get off at 11:30 I will head straight home to do so. I want to see how this baby works.

But seeing how the personalities and badges just work on the court one can only imagine the hell that can happen during a MYGM and trying to fit pieces together.

One of the reasons I would love to control all 30 teams

# 62 swaggedout @ 11/15/13 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Anyone think the menus for this game are really stupid now? The old 2k menus were really nice, these just seem so dumb looking.

Of course the game is fantastic anyway
I have no problems with the menu. It takes time to learn where everything is, but that's about it. We don't play the menu.

# 63 RocketTMac1 @ 11/15/13 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Anyone think the menus for this game are really stupid now? The old 2k menus were really nice, these just seem so dumb looking.

Of course the game is fantastic anyway
Yes I was having an anxiety attack trying to find roster editor and jukebox (hate that Robin Thicke song).

# 64 ajblithe20 @ 11/15/13 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
I have no problems with the menu. It takes time to learn where everything is, but that's about it. We don't play the menu.
I don't mind having to learn a new menu... I just think it looks bad lol

# 65 2_headedmonster @ 11/15/13 10:33 AM
My old man is in town and he woke up this morning as i let the Thunder and the Warriors play each other ( cpu vs cpu).

His exact words:

" why are you watching these teams play again, you already watched this game last night, you know who won"

no double take, no hesitation. There was no question he was watching a real game.

This game is stunning, the lighting is better than advertised (by 2k and even the hd videos i saw) and the graphics every bit of the next gen leap you should expect on your shiny new system.

There are new animations sprinkled in here and there as they are needed, and they are a treat: More physicality on the denials, a Hibbert Verticality animation, Kyrie's shammgod crossover are among the few ive spotted already.

The defensive awareness and rotations are improved as the teams seem to be on a string and aware of the switched that need to be made. Footplanting helps in this regard too as players dont over rotate nearly as often as CG.

quick hits:

-pull ups are quicker

-dribble packages seem to be differentiated a bit better ( i.e branching points and variations)

-Passing lanes are played tough

-Not enough mid range jumpers by the cpu

-rebounding seems less messy

# 66 Phreezy P @ 11/15/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
My old man is in town and he woke up this morning as i let the Thunder and the Warriors play each other ( cpu vs cpu).

His exact words:

" why are you watching these teams play again, you already watched this game last night, you know who won"

no double take, no hesitation. There was no question he was watching a real game.

This game is stunning, the lighting is better than advertised (by 2k and even the hd videos i saw) and the graphics every bit of the next gen leap you should expect on your shiny new system.

There are new animations sprinkled in here and there as they are needed, and they are a treat: More physicality on the denials, a Hibbert Verticality animation, Kyrie's shammgod crossover are among the few ive spotted already.

The defensive awareness and rotations are improved as the teams seem to be on a string and aware of the switched that need to be made. Footplanting helps in this regard too as players dont over rotate nearly as often as CG.

quick hits:

-pull ups are quicker

-dribble packages seem to be differentiated a bit better ( i.e branching points and variations)

-Passing lanes are played tough

-Not enough mid range jumpers by the cpu

-rebounding seems less messy
I've yet to go and pick up my console, but a SHAMMGOD animation? Sound interesting!

# 67 RocketTMac1 @ 11/15/13 10:37 AM
Is real player % in the game? Because last night it was way to easy with the shot stick. I was hitting threes like Allen with D.Wade and Victor Oladipo

# 68 Primo585 @ 11/15/13 10:55 AM
I made this thread last night quick and looked at it just now... glad to see the overwhelmingly positive response already... I know the Box players r still waiting but glad the game is finally here... My PS4 is out for delivery.. see u guys online... add me if you want a good, clean competition PSN = PRiMO-

# 69 Goffs @ 11/15/13 10:58 AM
Someone give me an impression on the new player rhythm....does it show while playing a game?

# 70 stun704 @ 11/15/13 10:58 AM
Anyone thinks the game plays too fast?

# 71 Beluba @ 11/15/13 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
I've yet to go and pick up my console, but a SHAMMGOD animation? Sound interesting!
Off the top of my head, these are the guys that have a shammgod: Kyrie, cp3, tyreke, gallinari, Shannon brown, and I think Manu. There are 3 sig variations. While driving, hold R2(RT) and tap RS toward the hoop to do it.

Another little tidbit. Bank shots are controllable again. RS toward the basket on J's

# 72 swaggedout @ 11/15/13 11:19 AM
Got two illegal screens called on the cpu. Gameplay is very realistic. I'm loving it.

# 73 cubsfan1221 @ 11/15/13 11:22 AM
Has anyone been able to find where we can edit defensive settings? such as crash boards, or how we want to play the pick n roll on defense??? Cant find it anywhere.

thanks

# 74 swaggedout @ 11/15/13 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
Has anyone been able to find where we can edit defensive settings? such as crash boards, or how we want to play the pick n roll on defense??? Cant find it anywhere.

thanks
I'm in the middle of a game, but you can make certain adjustments using points of interest during timeouts.

# 75 sniapeko @ 11/15/13 11:28 AM
What about the default roster? Are there any missing players? CAP being removed it would be really hard to have accurate custom rosters if that's the case

# 76 knick9 @ 11/15/13 11:30 AM
They should of had a detailed instruction manual available today to download. It really is a headache trying to figure out where things are and how to use the new features.

# 77 Vni @ 11/15/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stun704
Anyone thinks the game plays too fast?
It was the case for current gen.

Game looks good but from the gameplay vids have seen from Smoove, thoses lights reflections on the court look like they're annoying.

# 78 swaggedout @ 11/15/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
They should of had a detailed instruction manual available today to download. It really is a headache trying to figure out where things are and how to use the new features.
Yeah, it takes awhile to find out were everything is.

# 79 Goffs @ 11/15/13 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Off the top of my head, these are the guys that have a shammgod: Kyrie, cp3, tyreke, gallinari, Shannon brown, and I think Manu. There are 3 sig variations. While driving, hold R2(RT) and tap RS toward the hoop to do it.

Another little tidbit. Bank shots are controllable again. RS toward the basket on J's
The left/right handedness layup is back in NG?

# 80 swiftychampleone @ 11/15/13 11:40 AM
Can you edit players and have 30 team control in the "Season Mode"? I know it's restricted in MyGM unfortunately...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.