Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 is now playable for thousands for the PlayStation 4 with that console's launch. If you have the game, be sure to share your impressions below!

If you don't have the game, then no one cares about your impressions of a stream, so please don't post!

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stp2081 @ 11/15/13 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
One thing I really liked. I turned the game off last night and I was pleasantly suprised to see that when I logged back in I would pick up my game where I left off. I don't know if this is in CG or not, but I really dug that I could just pick up my game and resume playing from where I left off
Wow, can anyone else corroborate this? This is extremely impressive if accurate and makes the game a must-have for me. A little shocked that this feature wasn't marketed much, especially given how busy people can get nowadays.

# 42 C_Bailey24 @ 11/15/13 01:14 PM
Pleasantly suprised by this game. Playing on default All Pro (something i NEVER did on ps3) and the CPU A.I. defense seems a little tightened up. Running has been hit or miss and pass coverage is a little tighter than on CG. Graphics are not ground-breaking but they are better. Seen some animations that i don't recall seeing before. I've only played a quarter and a half so this is subject to change lol

# 43 Gjordan @ 11/15/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
Wow, can anyone else corroborate this? This is extremely impressive if accurate and makes the game a must-have for me. A little shocked that this feature wasn't marketed much, especially given how busy people can get nowadays.
This feature is in. It's actually pretty cool.

# 44 eaglesfan17 @ 11/15/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp2081
This is a feature of the PS4, not Madden.

# 45 Gjordan @ 11/15/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan17
Then I'm glad I own a PS4.

# 46 Slymm @ 11/15/13 01:31 PM
Can someone tell me how to change camera angles? I can not find it.

# 47 Gjordan @ 11/15/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Once they implement true step for everybody it's going to be a game changer. Work on the animations and we are in business.
Madden definitely has a lot of potential headed forward. It's obviously not perfect yet but one can appreciate the steps they seem to be taking. I've been pretty happy so far. I'm at work right now and I only had time for a few games so far. Looking forward to spending some time with Madden tonight.

# 48 Dogslax41 @ 11/15/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I haven't played Madden NG yet, as I am getting the XBone, but I do have an impression...But first, good to see an EA member in this thread -

Now, my impression : It seemed that there was a lot of criticism, speculation as to the quality of Madden 25 NG, in a negative manner, due to the fact that EA was being tight lipped with info, gameplay videos and non disclosure stuff; but what it appears to be fact now is, to truly get an idea of the quality of this new game, you have to actually play it....I support this impression by the consistent good reviews posted in this thread...Maybe EA did the best thing for marketing, letting the community make its own decision?
Honestly it's not really that at all. It's more the fact that what they touted and hyped doesn't really work/doesn't make that much of a difference to the quality of the game. The game benefits the most from a massively cleaned up defense for the CPU and playing offline actually presenting not only a challenge,but a challenge that feels good and not cheesy. This game could have and should have been released on the ps3. The biggest reason this game feels that much better is that it's properly balanced all across the board. Everything they did well that really makes an impact to gameplay could have been done on the ps3. As I said earlier this is not a "next gen" game. It's a good game, much better than ps3, but not a next gen game, which is what they were really trying to hype. This back of the box features it still feels like they didn't deliver on but they did end up adding much needed balance to the current gen version of madden

# 49 Only1LT @ 11/15/13 01:38 PM
Quote:
It's actually a feature of both PS4 and Xbone.

# 50 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/15/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Honestly it's not really that at all. It's more the fact that what they touted and hyped doesn't really work/doesn't make that much of a difference to the quality of the game. The game benefits the most from a massively cleaned up defense for the CPU and playing offline actually presenting not only a challenge,but a challenge that feels good and not cheesy. This game could have and should have been released on the ps3. The biggest reason this game feels that much better is that it's properly balanced all across the board. Everything they did well that really makes an impact to gameplay could have been done on the ps3. As I said earlier this is not a "next gen" game. It's a good game, much better than ps3, but not a next gen game, which is what they were really trying to hype. This back of the box features it still feels like they didn't deliver on but they did end up adding much needed balance to the current gen version of madden
Maybe it could have been done on PS3, I am not a programmer so I cannot say...Seems that, regardless of where some may think it could or should have been released, the players are liking what they received...

# 51 jemiller16 @ 11/15/13 01:45 PM
Quote:

How can you say, as a fact, that this isn't a "next gen" game? How do you know it's not the increased amount of calculations they can run in the back ground that is creating a more realistic game? Maybe the PS3 couldn't handle the true step technology.

Not trying to bash, I'm just saying, you don't know all the calculations or coding that's going on in the background.

# 52 Pacman83 @ 11/15/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
That's what makes it a "next gen" title. They have the power now to not have to compress animations. To make awareness actually work, to make oline/dline smarter, etc. But now they have the baseline and the tech to allow for the game to begin to work properly in many areas where its lacking. Hopefully they can get it to. Like some of what I see.

I know this is the impressions thread, so I'll leave it at that. Liking the impression so far.

# 53 Dogslax41 @ 11/15/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
That's what makes it a "next gen" title. They have the power now to not have to compress animations. To make awareness actually work, to make oline/dline smarter, etc. But now they have the baseline and the tech to allow for the game to begin to work properly in many areas where its lacking. Hopefully they can get it to. Like some of what I see.

I know this is the impressions thread, so I'll leave it at that. Liking the impression so far.
The increased balance is not due solely to awareness. They have made changes to the depth of the oline allowing dline push creating balance to the CPU run defense. The oline dline play do play slightly more intelligently, but You will still see dlinemen run right by the ball carrier you still see onlinemen run right by an unblocked defender. They altered interactions and depth. These are changes that could have been made on ps3 and created a much better game. I'm glad we get them now but my point was in response to why there were negative reviews to what they showed. Because a lot of what they showed is not responsible for the improvements to the game.

# 54 4thQtrStre5S @ 11/15/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
The increased balance is not due solely to awareness. They have made changes to the depth of the oline allowing dline push creating balance to the CPU run defense. The oline dline play do play slightly more intelligently, but You will still see dlinemen run right by the ball carrier you still see onlinemen run right by an unblocked defender. They altered interactions and depth. These are changes that could have been made on ps3 and created a much better game. I'm glad we get them now but my point was in response to why there were negative reviews to what they showed. Because a lot of what they showed is not responsible for the improvements to the game.
I can understand the frustration and the tendency to see certain player interactions as poor programming etc. but at the same time, I have seen NFL players go past the ball carrier, even stop and just short arm an attempted tackle or O-linemen go past blocks....So i can equate certain missteps like these and poor pass coverages as things that happen in a game...ratings and skills I can equate it to, unless it is something consistent like with M13 and the PS3 left corner always messing up on the run commit, even after the patch..(I believe that was the hang up on the LCB, I know it was something like that..)

# 55 Keirik @ 11/15/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Pretty sure its a feature of both the new ps4 and xbox one

# 56 MMan @ 11/15/13 02:30 PM
If I would of known of the issues before hand, I wouldn't of bought it. Madden is really regret buying for PS4. Wish I would of got NBA2K instead.

# 57 Lexicon @ 11/15/13 02:42 PM
Played more today and I was surprised to see that I was able to continue my game from last night, even after shutting the console off completely! It was a nice little surprise. Playing a bit more, I really like the precision of a lot of the collision detection. Here are a few examples of what I mean:

-Was playing as GB against MIN. Freeman threw a pass to Greg Jennings that he had to jump up to get. When he got at the peak of his jump, he had the ball. However, the defender in front of him had put his hand up facing Jennings, and got his arm in between Jennings'. So what would have been a sure catch was an incompletion when the defender's arm made contact with the ball, jarring it loose from Jennings hands. I watched it over and over again in amazement about how there was no clipping and no space between the defenders arm and the ball.

-Another is the helmet movement. I think it's pretty amazing how the helmet moves depending on how the player is jarred. I ran Eddie Lacy up the middle. He bounced around for about 8 yards, and then a defender decided that was enough and ripped him down by his facemask. What was amazing to me was that the defender actually grabbed the facemask (sans clipping) and the animations were in perfect alignment. In the PS3 version, the animations would take place, but they'd be nowhere near each other.

I'm absolutely loving the gameplay. Had there been upgrades on more than that front, this would have been a game for the ages. It's still a fun experience, and it's great to be able to share photos and replays with my friends on Facebook.

# 58 southriver @ 11/15/13 02:46 PM
Well i called Gamestop. He was fairly sure that you can digital download madden for ps4 as long as you have a ps3 disk for 10$. You have to put in the ps3 disk and at some point be able to enter a "digital pass" code that is found in within the case of your disk. Now how you get to that point to even input the code, i have no idea. Lol..i have no idea this is true. I can't try till late tonight. Hopefully one of you will figure it out if it is yes or no sooner.

# 59 tril @ 11/15/13 03:29 PM
any penalty improvements. as in DPI and OPI callss

# 60 bronxct1 @ 11/15/13 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Still doesn't help me. I don't have a disk. I have a PS3 digital download. Oh well.
I believe PSN may be doing an upgrade for digital downloads. Not sure if its all games but I think Call off Duty was doing it. If you have the game attached to your account you pay the $10 and get the new download.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.