Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

According to the 2KSupport Twitter feed, 2K Sports will release a second patch for NBA 2K14 addressing MyCAREER save file and The Park connectivity issues.

More recently, the team has pushed a matchmaking server-side update for PS4 users and are asking for feedback.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 silverskier @ 11/27/13 11:41 AM
This game is soooo broken. The gameplay is beautiful, but the other aspects just don't work properly.

# 22 emelki1968 @ 11/27/13 11:43 AM
I am starting to hate this game. I love when I am playing it but it is just insane with the saves for MyPlayer and MyGM. The latter stoped having all the new features. I deleted it all the files and the 45GB download. I started again and I was able to start again with all the new features (my type of GM, staff, etc). This morning I put the game and my old files were there!!!!WTF. This always online thing is a piece of S%^&. Why?Why?Why?
I am so mad at this turn 2k took with the online stuff. It is not making the game better or even faster.

# 23 swimfunk @ 11/27/13 11:45 AM
nothing for broken online lgs

I give up

# 24 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 11/27/13 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
I am starting to hate this game. I love when I am playing it but it is just insane with the saves for MyPlayer and MyGM. The latter stoped having all the new features. I deleted it all the files and the 45GB download. I started again and I was able to start again with all the new features (my type of GM, staff, etc). This morning I put the game and my old files were there!!!!WTF. This always online thing is a piece of S%^&. Why?Why?Why?
I am so mad at this turn 2k took with the online stuff. It is not making the game better or even faster.
i agree. this ALWAYS online sucks. i signed out of psn while taking a break in myplayer game and tried going back to it later to find out...yippee my file is corrupted and thus have to start over again. why do i need to be online for a single player mode anyway?

# 25 BQ32 @ 11/27/13 12:11 PM
Yeah, how about a patch to make online playable. Man even in quick match online the game plays NOTHING like offline. That beauty and smoothness is turned into clunky control in which I get stuck in animations continuously. If I had a buddy here to play against all the time it would be the greatest thing ever but since I don't and primarily am an online gamer, I once again am left with disappointment. Don't even get me started on the settings saves and not being able to actually use the proper playbook or plays that you want to run. FRUSTRATING. Oh and the VC, 2k can shove it where the sun don't shine, the Park would be fantastic if I could use all my VC to level up My Player, but no, you can only use the VC earned in myplayer. So I have to play a mode I don't even like just to enjoy a mode that could be my favorite of the game. DUMB. Or spend a bunch of real money and buy VC just so I am not at a huge disadvantage which is so greedy and disgusting I want to vomit.

# 26 denmarkVesey @ 11/27/13 12:42 PM
Man... i hope they fix the crashing back to home situation in this patch as well.

# 27 tyberious4now @ 11/27/13 12:49 PM
Delete the first patch and I swear you will have a better bball game. I didn't believe but I did ps4 by the way just uninstall and install it back and delete the add on....

Now you can only play quick game no online unless you get the patch but for me I'm having a blast.....

# 28 denmarkVesey @ 11/27/13 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Delete the first patch and I swear you will have a better bball game. I didn't believe but I did ps4 by the way just uninstall and install it back and delete the add on....

Now you can only play quick game no online unless you get the patch but for me I'm having a blast.....
Ok thanks...I think i will give your suggestion a try until we get some further news on this matter.

# 29 RangersCruz @ 11/27/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Yeah, how about a patch to make online playable. Man even in quick match online the game plays NOTHING like offline. That beauty and smoothness is turned into clunky control in which I get stuck in animations continuously. If I had a buddy here to play against all the time it would be the greatest thing ever but since I don't and primarily am an online gamer, I once again am left with disappointment. Don't even get me started on the settings saves and not being able to actually use the proper playbook or plays that you want to run. FRUSTRATING. Oh and the VC, 2k can shove it where the sun don't shine, the Park would be fantastic if I could use all my VC to level up My Player, but no, you can only use the VC earned in myplayer. So I have to play a mode I don't even like just to enjoy a mode that could be my favorite of the game. DUMB. Or spend a bunch of real money and buy VC just so I am not at a huge disadvantage which is so greedy and disgusting I want to vomit.
What??

I used the VC from MyGm and online in my player..

# 30 Ejinternational @ 11/27/13 03:25 PM
I'm passed off because you can't even change your shoes in my career and I'm finally sponsored by Jordan

# 31 Ejinternational @ 11/27/13 03:25 PM
*pissed off

# 32 dat boi Q @ 11/27/13 03:26 PM
I played with two guys last night and we dominated. We all played team ball and it was beautiful. We won ten game in a row and the game lagged out. If anyone is looking for a good teammate hit me up on psn: dat_boy_q

# 33 LakersForLife @ 11/27/13 03:31 PM
Is anyone's games loading? For the first time the main menu doesnt load... And I can hear the music

# 34 Sports fanantic @ 11/27/13 04:12 PM
Maybe i'm getting my hopes up for nothing, but i hope 2k can develop a patch that can either fix or add more to the game now that they have a new console to work with. I will be a little disappointed if this patch is just like another patch that 2k usually produce on the last gen (ps3/360).

# 35 doctorhay53 @ 11/27/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Are you using real %?
I don't remember, but it doesn't matter because I'm actually on the practice court every time I load the save, and there's no options menu when I pause.

I can enter the park, and that's it. I can't do literally anything else.

# 36 RangersCruz @ 11/27/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keoni4230
Who gives a damn about this Park and My Career RPG crap? Put couch coop back in immediately. That's great you want to add some new things, but why at the cost of features we have been enjoying and spending money on for over 10 years. I don't even care if I can create my own guy anymore, but let me at least join a buddy and play an association offline together so we don't have to deal with horrible online lag even though he lives next door to me and we have the fastest internet available. This is same crap Madden tried to pull recently and they got blasted on these forums until the patch fixed it. Please do not tell me you are as bad as EA now. I can't have that!

Like others have said, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just make it look better, add some animations, and move on. Add your little myplayer and park crap all you want, but don't take things away. Game is pathetic and broken. Something I have never once said about 2k sports. Even when you tried baseball and it sucked I had your back. Hell, I even bought All Pro Football and didn't bitch about it.

I can say association is crap no need to talk bad about something you just dislike its the most popular mode in 2k by far

# 37 Melz22 @ 11/28/13 05:28 AM
2k sports can we get these things in next patch on the next gen systems, to make this game more fun to play

1. Be able to play a season with more then just one team, you guys have that in 360 version why not the next gen
2. Being to start an online league by yourself and invite people or even have people join as the season goes on, and have the real 82 game schedule instead of having to play the same team over over determined by how many ppl joins the league before you start it
3. Being able to edit, save and load your roster instead of downloading it everytime before you play an exhibition game

2k sports please read everyone's comments so together we all can make this game better

# 38 Tomba @ 11/28/13 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Maybe i'm getting my hopes up for nothing, but i hope 2k can develop a patch that can either fix or add more to the game now that they have a new console to work with. I will be a little disappointed if this patch is just like another patch that 2k usually produce on the last gen (ps3/360).
No truer words can be spoken

THIS

At least player face scans and ability to fix body types as well I mean they can fix courts add shoes? so it is possible at some level

I just fnd it funny that they AND the other game thought very little about how much we enjoy to make our own rosters and sliders? customization like create a player create a team are so needed

I mean right now if we wanted to add a missing player into the game we cant even honestly create a player into the roster?

# 39 RangersCruz @ 11/28/13 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
No truer words can be spoken

THIS

At least player face scans and ability to fix body types as well I mean they can fix courts add shoes? so it is possible at some level

I just fnd it funny that they AND the other game thought very little about how much we enjoy to make our own rosters and sliders? customization like create a player create a team are so needed

I mean right now if we wanted to add a missing player into the game we cant even honestly create a player into the roster?
What does a patch have to do with fixing courts and adding some shoes?
If they did that on current gen easily on next gen its not a problem for them

# 40 Painkiller1974 @ 11/28/13 09:37 AM
please patch the season lenght in MyGM !!! it is not possible to play 82 games !!!
I would like to have the option to select 14 or 29 games

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.