Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

From Gamestop's website, you can get a $20 Universal Currency bonus for pre-ordering MLB 14 The Show right now. The big news is that the currency will be spendable in every mode within the game, even within your 'Franchise Budget.'

What that implementation means is anyone's guess. The mention of a currency system does bring up bad memories of the 'always online' and Virtual Currency problems which have plagued NBA 2K14. It would of course, be to the products detriment if you have to 'buy' common features like adjusting your lineup with Universal Currency. There is no concrete confirmation exactly what will be required, but we will be waiting to hear on any additional details on how extensive the Universal Currency system's implementation will be within the game.

H/T: PastaPadre

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 MrOldboy @ 01/14/14 05:21 AM
With all the recent fervor surrounding Forza and NBA 2K regarding microtransactions it would blow my mind if The Show came out and is hampered by any type of currency. How out of touch would Sony have to be to let that happen? Not to mention all the other games Microsoft has launched with over-the-top microtransactions. The response to that has been universally negative.

# 122 Curahee @ 01/14/14 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
it would blow my mind if The Show came out and is hampered by any type of currency. How out of touch would Sony have to be to let that happen?
Russell already stated that was not the case.
While his response was "vague", he stated if you didnt like UC, it wouldnt be because of any of the reasons discussed in this thread. WHY? Because UC is not like 2K's VC.

# 123 Threeebs @ 01/14/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
This?

What it seems to me he was clearly saying was you're not going to not like UC because it was integrated as 2K's version, because this isn't the case. It is not going to be integrated in that way at all, so if you're not going to like UC, it's not going to be because of that. Get it?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.