Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) has announced R.B.I. Baseball 14 for current and next-gen consoles, as well as mobile devices, arriving this Spring.

With 2K Sports confirming no baseball game, it didn't look good for Xbox 360 and Xbox One fans, but it now looks like we will see a baseball game for Microsoft gamers after all.

Time will tell what kind of game this really is, but in the meantime you can keep track of the game on Twitter, Facebook and their official website.

Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tonyhenley @ 01/18/14 08:40 PM
Maybe MLBam just bought the game engine from 2ksports. 2k didn't want to spend the money on baseball licensing, so MLB probably offered to buy them out. The 2k** name is kind of a 2ksports trademark so they went with another name. The timing for 2k ending their series and the announcement of RBI Baseball '14 really makes this seem possible. May just be coincidence but Take 2 is publishing it, too.

# 122 C.J.S. @ 01/20/14 07:05 AM
I don't see this being an arcade style game.
They aren't going to let MLB THE SHOW walk away with that market.

# 123 aguero90 @ 01/20/14 10:02 AM
The one reason I can think of it being close to a sim is for xbox owners. They won't be happy if it's not a sim because it'll be the only baseball game they can play. Having a ps4, my game will be the show, but much like I did with 2k, I'll pick this up just to have another one.

# 124 TerryP @ 01/20/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhenley
Maybe MLBam just bought the game engine from 2ksports. 2k didn't want to spend the money on baseball licensing, so MLB probably offered to buy them out. The 2k** name is kind of a 2ksports trademark so they went with another name. The timing for 2k ending their series and the announcement of RBI Baseball '14 really makes this seem possible. May just be coincidence but Take 2 is publishing it, too.
Would make sense, but I guess we'll just have to hurry up and wait for info.

# 125 Kayotick @ 01/20/14 02:48 PM
Man this is intriguing, we need more info darn it!

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

# 126 AntiBandwagoner @ 01/20/14 06:44 PM
Far too little information to make assumptions at this point.

# 127 mess98 @ 01/21/14 02:01 PM
To be honest, I'd be happy with an arcade-style game as long as it includes a roster management system close to as perfect as The Show's.

I love OOTP, but there's just something about making a big trade for a SP and then going out and pitching his first game.

# 128 opd897 @ 01/21/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish61324
You do know it's been announced that it is an arcade style and NOT sim........
This has been an ongoing discussion here in this thread as no one that I'm aware of has seen an announcement either way. If you have a link to this announcement I would be interested in reading it.

# 129 roadman @ 01/21/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish61324
You do know it's been announced that it is an arcade style and NOT sim........
It's strong speculation at this point.

If you are talking about Pasta, he pulled that away from Twitter.

If you do have a link, please share.

# 130 fistofrage @ 01/21/14 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Far too little information to make assumptions at this point.
Nonsense, you are on the Overreaction Sports message board, we are supposed to make assumptions and get all up in a lather before we have any facts......carry on.

# 131 dickey1331 @ 01/21/14 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
I don't see this being an arcade style game.

They aren't going to let MLB THE SHOW walk away with that market.

The baseball market isn't very big.

# 132 Will I Am @ 01/21/14 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
All they need is the xbox market.

# 133 joedogg9999 @ 01/22/14 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Either was the basketball market untill nba 2k became great. The Show doesnt touch a million copies on the ps3 but I guarentee it would soar well beyond that if it were on the xbox too. Remember baseball is americas sport and the xbox is americas console and outsells the playstation in america. Theres a much bigger market for baseball games on xbox tha. Playstation. In all honesty, The Show isnt a "great" baseball game. It just looks so good because its the 6/10 chick who hangs out with 3/10 fat chicks to make herself look like an 8. Mlb 2k was so awful that it made the show look far better than it was. Honestly the only thing the show did better than 2k was the graphics and animations. 2k was so horrendus in that category that it actually made a much larger difference than it should have.

If xbox had a truly good baseball game (mvp baseball) it would easily sell over a million. Basically, if you build it, they will come.

# 134 Money99 @ 01/22/14 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogg9999
Either was the basketball market untill nba 2k became great. The Show doesnt touch a million copies on the ps3 but I guarentee it would soar well beyond that if it were on the xbox too. Remember baseball is americas sport and the xbox is americas console and outsells the playstation in america. Theres a much bigger market for baseball games on xbox tha. Playstation. In all honesty, The Show isnt a "great" baseball game. It just looks so good because its the 6/10 chick who hangs out with 3/10 fat chicks to make herself look like an 8. Mlb 2k was so awful that it made the show look far better than it was. Honestly the only thing the show did better than 2k was the graphics and animations. 2k was so horrendus in that category that it actually made a much larger difference than it should have.

If xbox had a truly good baseball game (mvp baseball) it would easily sell over a million. Basically, if you build it, they will come.
I believe MVP 2004 sold 2.5M copies - by far the largest amount of any baseball game in the past 2 generations of consoles.

I agree that The Show gets a pass on a lot of things due to it's aesthetics.
And it does a lot of good things on the field as well, but I always had more fun with 2K.
I've said it before that if 2K looked and moved like The Show, it would be the one everyone's talking about.

Anyhoo, I do think there's room for more than 1 baseball game on the market and they can both be simulations of the sport as well.

RBI could very well be non-sim, but we forget that when RBI came out years ago, it was considered a sim. In fact, I think it was the first baseball game that featured real players.
Who's to say they don't want to carry on that tradition?
And if it is arcadey, if it's fun it may be well worth it's sticker price.
Especially if it combined fun gameplay with some elements from their MLB Empire game.

# 135 pietasterp @ 01/22/14 11:55 AM
The last time I played RBI baseball, it was in a Pizza Hut on one of those table-top games covered with the thick clear plastic, and I was using Willie Hernandez to 1-hit the Carlton Fisk-led BoSox. And I was like 9 years old.

It would be great if they included the original game with the new release.

# 136 Culture Rot @ 01/22/14 12:14 PM
Still skeptical about this. Probably will be an arcadey game, a few levels below the last MLB 2k's even.

# 137 GruffyMcGuiness @ 01/22/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Probably will be an arcadey game, a few levels below the last MLB 2k's even.
Impossible.

# 138 pietasterp @ 01/22/14 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree that The Show gets a pass on a lot of things due to it's aesthetics.
And it does a lot of good things on the field as well, but I always had more fun with 2K.
I've said it before that if 2K looked and moved like The Show, it would be the one everyone's talking about.
I agree with this completely. If 2K had The Show's graphics, it would have sold much better and be much better received. For as much as people claim visuals are less important in this day and age, I would argue that 2k had for a long time the much-superior pitcher-batter interface, which is ultimately what 90% of baseball boils down to.

Anyway, if it's done right, aracadey baseball can be fun. I loved Ken Griffey Jr. baseball on SNES, and the original RBI was one of the best games ever. Of course, for my money, the original "Bases Loaded" and "Hardball" on C64 are among the best baseball games ever...

# 139 pistolpete @ 01/22/14 09:44 PM
If this is fun that's all I need. Baseball Sims are like second jobs.

# 140 HustlinOwl @ 01/23/14 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
If this is fun that's all I need. Baseball Sims are like second jobs.
lmao, said no one ever

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.