Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

Way back in October, EA confirmed they were developing 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. Today they released an image with only the PS3 and 360 logos it.

From the looks of it, we aren't going to see a next-gen version of the game. We also don't know if it will be a FIFA 14 add-on or a stand alone title.

If we hear anything, we'll update this story.

UPDATE: It will be exclusive to 360 and PS3 and will arrive on April 15th as a stand-alone game.

As for PS4 and Xbox One users, the EA Sports FIFA team had this to say.

Experience all the Fun, Excitement, and Drama of Football’s Greatest Event. Multiple improvements and innovations to the award-winning gameplay of FIFA 14, plus 100 new animations, make EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ the most accessible, fun, and exciting EA SPORTS FIFA title on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Features
  • World Class Control – all-new control system which includes additional dribbles and flicks. New passing animations, including both ground and outside of the foot curling passes, will open the door to more attacking options.
  • Set Piece Tactics – Use the D-pad to command your teammates and strike fear from set pieces and corners.
  • New Penalty Kicks – New save animations and shot tuning puts players in control of their nation's fate. Keepers can throw off kick-takers by performing different animations including wobbly-knees, matador, and shoot-it-there points.
  • Over-the-Back Headers – Now defenders can leap over attacking players to clear the ball to safety.
  • adidas Ball Physics – We’ve partnered with the official football supplier of the FIFA World Cup to ensure the Brazuca and other adidas footballs behave as they would in the real world.
Game Modes
  • Road to the FIFA World Cup™ – The most immersive tournament mode in EA SPORTS FIFA history. Choose from any of the 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA and play with up to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and proceed on to the group stage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™.
  • Road to Rio de Janeiro™ – Compete online with any of the 203 National Teams and progress across a map of Brazil's 12 host cities. Win the final and hoist the FIFA World Cup Trophy at Estadio do Maracana in Rio.
  • Captain your Country – The popular FIFA game mode returns. Work your way through the squad list and lead your country through qualifying and to FIFA World Cup glory.
  • Story of Qualifying – Over 60 real scenarios taken directly from 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying. Relieve, recreate and/or change the outcome of some the best matches.
  • Additional Modes include 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA SPORTS Football Club
Presentation
  • Patriotic Presentation – Banners, flags and even see fans cheer from home with all new crowd rendering that brings the World Cup atmosphere alive.
  • EA SPORTS Talk Radio – Dynamic tournament updates from a number of ESPN talents, delivering over 50 hours’ worth of recorded audio that adapt to your own FIFA World Cup Experience
  • 203 nations, 7,469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, 21 stadiums, including all 12 authentic stadiums in Brazil, and over 15 hours of added in-game commentary.
Press Release

EA ANNOUNCES EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL TO
CELEBRATE FOOTBALL’S GREATEST EVENT

The Tournament’s Officially Licensed Videogame Hits Shelves on April 15 in North America and April 17 in Europe

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, the only officially licensed videogame will let fans experience all the fun, excitement, and drama of football’s greatest event. Featuring the deepest set of game modes ever in an EA SPORTS tournament title, all new gameplay innovations and improvements, and a rich presentation that captures the color and vibrancy of Brazil, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil will put fans in control of their nation’s fate. The game hits stores beginning April 15 in North America for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil features multiple innovations and improvements to the award-winning gameplay of EA SPORTS FIFA 14, putting players in control of their nation’s fate. From the ability to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction quickly on and off the ball with Explosive Movement, to the new World Class Control feature that uses Response Dribbling and Pinpoint Passing, fans will feel the athleticism and skill of their national football heroes. And one hundred new animations, including passing, saves, and penalty kicks, help play on the pitch explode with the drama and unpredictably of the official tournament.

With 203 national teams, 7,469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, and 21 new stadiums including all 12 authentic stadiums from Brazil, the 2014 FIFA World Cup comes to life with more detail and authenticity than ever before. Feel the support of a nation with all-new crowd scenes including banners, flags, and seat cards in the stadium, and from Live City events in all corners of the globe. Score a goal with England and see fans react live from the center of London.

Now everyone has a chance to write football history. In Road to the FIFA World Cup™, the most immersive tournament mode from any EA SPORTS title, players can choose from 203 national teams and play with one to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds, and on to the group stages of the FIFA World Cup. Along the way, fans can get tournament updates from EA SPORTS Talk Radio*, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), with over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action. For those who want to celebrate the tournament online, Road to Rio de Janeiro™ is an all-new mode that lets players win their way across a map of Brazil’s 12 host cities in licensed and authentic stadiums.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sarlndr @ 02/07/14 08:37 PM
Still playing PS3, no complaints from me.

# 82 RandyBass @ 02/08/14 01:01 AM
Shoot for PS4 I'd even take knockout phase tournament DLC with no new teams added.

Something.

There's got to be a point where risk is reduced to the point of it being worth the potential reward.

# 83 SlimKibbles @ 02/08/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I wonder how long they will support it? I tried to play FIFA World Cup 2010: South Africa on the 360 and the disc won't play. After googling why it wouldn't work, it appears it's a known problem and they don't care to fix it. Being too casual of a fan to get the annual FIFA title, getting a World Cup edition would be perfect. But after wasting my money on the last game, I think I'll pass.
One of my favorite games ever was FIFA RTWC 98. I didn't buy FIFA WC '02 but I grabbed WC '06. Loved that as well. Then came the disappointment with WC 2010. The tournament system in that game was filled with bugs and you couldn't start the qualification of a team from the earliest stages. EA never cared to fix any of that. That game lasted maybe a week or two with me. Between that and the debt glitch of FIFA 10, I was done with their FIFA series. Yet here we are in 2014 with another WC game with what they say is choose any team and apparently full qualification stages and I'm tempted to buy it. All because I want to recapture the fun I had with '98 and '06.

# 84 calcutta @ 02/08/14 06:30 AM
Hugely disappointed with this news, I was really looking forward to the fanfare and presentation of a World Cup game on next gen particularly combining Brazil with their "Living Crowds" feature or whatever its called, but now I think I'm leaning towards not buying the current gen version at all.

Lame reasoning too...a lack of install base didn't affect their decision to make a next gen FIFA 14 at launch. I'm sure FIFA has a wider reach than the World Cup title, but there's plenty of bandwagon soccer fans out there who only follow the World Cup itself and would buy the game just for that...maybe even the console if there's a bundle made.

The real reason is to make it available through Ultimate Team only on next gen though, wouldn't be shocked if it's for a premium too.

# 85 ApolloKids @ 02/08/14 11:27 AM
Really disappointed it isn't going to be on Next Gen. Glad I kept my 360, I guess. On the bright side it looks like they've given Pogba an authentic face, and this means it is a lock that he'll have one in FIFA 15.

# 86 acarrero @ 02/08/14 07:35 PM
Why don't they just release and expansion pack to FIFA 14 on PS$/XBOX1? All I ask for are the teams! I want to play with my country on my PS4 in a WC mode. Most national teams aren't in Fifa14, only the really good ones. The fun of the WC game for me is to try to qualify with a nation that is usually not in the WC.

# 87 SlimKibbles @ 02/09/14 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Why don't they just release and expansion pack to FIFA 14 on PS$/XBOX1? All I ask for are the teams! I want to play with my country on my PS4 in a WC mode. Most national teams aren't in Fifa14, only the really good ones. The fun of the WC game for me is to try to qualify with a nation that is usually not in the WC.

Exactly. I want to take Fiji, Malawi, and Bermuda (I think) to the WC like I was able to do in '98 and '06.

# 88 dirk.93 @ 02/10/14 02:09 AM
really disappointing...i got ps4 and i wanna it

# 89 VTPack919 @ 02/10/14 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I'd pay $60 DLC just for all national teams

Me too, the lack of licensed national teams in Fifa 14 irks me.

# 90 Ermolli @ 02/10/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Me too, the lack of licensed national teams in Fifa 14 irks me.
And I'm sure some of the teams that get licensed won't be on FIFA 15.

# 91 VTPack919 @ 02/10/14 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
And I'm sure some of the teams that get licensed won't be on FIFA 15.

Absolutely not, haha.

# 92 Ermolli @ 02/10/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Absolutely not, haha.
And there won't be every Brazilian stadium from the World Cup either. I don't know if it's a licensing issue that they can only use them for that particular game, lack of disc space (something that can't be an excuse anymore) or lack of interest but those things really has bothered me about the lack of implementation from World Cup games to future FIFAs. Imagine a FIFA 17 with every Brazilian stadium from the 2014 WC and French from the 2016 Eurocup, how can that not be possible?

# 93 kaletore11 @ 02/10/14 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Imagine a FIFA 17 with every Brazilian stadium from the 2014 WC and French from the 2016 Eurocup, how can that not be possible?

# 94 Majingir @ 02/25/14 12:08 PM
I'm looking to get FIFA14, but not sure if I should wait until after this game releases or not(cause of potential price drop)? Cause right now in stores, it's still the same price as release day. I can find it online for about $45 though(which I still think might be too much considering the reason why I want to get the game/how much I'll actually be playing in the game)

So will FIFA14 drop in price or not? Also....Only reason I want to get FIFA game is to play MLS and national teams(for the wc). So does FIFA14 have the national teams and the players on it(at least the main ones like Brazil,Spain,Italy and so on)

# 95 dsk @ 03/11/14 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if these online modes for the Fifa Brazil World Cup game can be played with friends (online?) The simple answer should be yes, but it wasn't that long ago you couldn't play an ultimate team match with people on your friends list.. only randoms.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.