Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released a brand new trailer for EA Sports UFC, along with some additional details, as seen below. Developer Diaries are coming soon featuring dynamic striking, submission battles, Living World and more.

Beyond Fighter Likeness
  • Reality is in the details. In the past, games could only recreate certain aspects of an athlete’s likeness. In EA SPORTS UFC, the true essence of each fighter’s appearance has been designed down to the very last detail.
  • After scanning fighters using the most advanced capture technology available, our developers have integrated high-res textures and dynamic lighting to bring an unparalleled level of realism to each and every character model in the game.
Emotion in Action
  • EA SPORTS UFC’s advanced capture process goes far beyond the surface to capture unique expressions and reactions, specific to the fighters themselves.
  • Instead of generic expressions, UFC stars will react just as they would in real life, providing a true range of emotion and credibility to fighters on the EA SPORTS UFC roster.
Octagon Awareness
  • Not only will athletes in EA SPORTS UFC each feature believable looks and personality, expect them to display a sense of awareness and intelligence throughout their fights.
  • From eyes that track opponents to facial expressions that change as each fight unfolds, every character in EA SPORTS UFC will act the way they would in a real fight.
Reach Advantage
  • Faces don’t win fights, and for that reason just as much attention has been put into each fighter’s unique physical attributes as we did their features.
  • Arms, legs and torsos have all been recreated to scale in-game, providing fighters the same advantages in EA SPORTS UFC that they would have in the real Octagon. Whether you’re powering through takedowns with Benson Henderson’s massive legs, or picking opponents apart with Jon Jones’ reach, every action in the Octagon will feel accurate and authentic.
Signature Moves
  • The UFC’s biggest personalities all do things a little differently. EA SPORTS UFC has captured hundreds of distinctive fighter animations ranging from walkout rituals to knockout celebrations that make the fighters feel more like themselves than ever before.
EA Sports UFC arrives in late Spring for Xbox One and PS4. Quite a few hands-on previews are popping up online today, check them out below.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 41 unfriendlyghst @ 02/11/14 01:54 AM
So far so good. Keep it commin!

# 42 Coolade @ 02/11/14 09:32 AM
If people were looking for more detail of the submission system
"From any position you can attempt to submit your opponent. To do so, you hold the R1 modifier and perform a transition move (hold in a direction and move clockwise). Once it's 'in', four gates appear on the screen in the defending corner's colour. If Blue is defending, they'll have four gates on-screen -- if they move one of those gates (using the right thumbstick) all the way to the edge of the screen, they'll escape the submission. To stuff the escape, the submitter (Red, in this example) simply has to move their right thumbstick in the same direction as the gate Blue is moving. In practice this means Blue will switch rapidly between gates, desperately trying to push one all the way out while Red does their best to keep up. To advance the submission Red has to watch out for a quick indicator underneath one of the four gates -- when this flashes they flick their left thumbstick in that direction, the gates reset and they move to the next stage of the submission. "

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3411759

# 43 woody2goody @ 02/11/14 11:18 AM
People are saying it sounds more complicated than it is. I think it sounds decent in practice so um looking forward to it.

On another note, I thought the career mode in EA Sports MMA was very good so um hoping for big things with that.

Also if you start off in the Ultimate Fighter I bet that will act as some kind of extended tutorial. I'd love it if you could get some real advice about your fighting throughout the show leading to the live final hopefully

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 44 Thrash13 @ 02/11/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Career mode will have TUF in it.

Gameface is in the game. Hopefully that applies to created fighters too.

Some fighters will have their actual real life entrance music.
All of these bits of info are good news! The game is sounding very nice so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next video whenever that may be.

# 45 aholbert32 @ 02/11/14 02:55 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...4-screenshots/

According to the link, the release date is May 5.

# 46 aholbert32 @ 02/11/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...4-screenshots/

According to the link, the release date is May 5.
Just realized thats a Monday. The date is probably wrong.

# 47 aholbert32 @ 02/11/14 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
Ok...looks like I am getting a PS4 soon.

I like the submission thing...my only concern is that it seems like it will eat up a lot of time and could possibly mean that people will use it to stall on the ground. It would be cool if just like in UFC 3 a failed submission makes you lose position. The gameplay clearly looks good...it sounds like it will play pretty cool.

I was not so much worried about striking. I am now curious about clinch play.

Either way...I think I am picking this up. I will probably get the PS4 when the Show comes out then get this game as the next in my library.
That is the thing I hate the most about UFC 3. Its unrealistic. I'm on top and go for a kimura and just because it doesnt work I'm automatically now on the bottom with my opponent in side control? That doesnt make sense. I'd be OK with it if it was fighter specific.

If I try a kimura with Rampage, I can see someone easily reversing it so that I'm on bottom but that shouldnt happen with Maia or Shields. Same goes with the Rear Naked Choke. For things like a Triangle or Guillotine, I'm ok with that.

# 48 aholbert32 @ 02/12/14 01:25 PM
http://www.gameplanet.com.au/xbox-on...r%202014-02-12

No Pride mode confirmed by this article.

# 49 Thrash13 @ 02/12/14 01:59 PM
I'm definitely glad they're just going to focus on the UFC with this game. Pride Mode was cool, but I'd rather the UFC fighters get all the focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 50 Bad_Intentions @ 02/12/14 02:20 PM
Excited about the game, however a bit discouraged that the right stick isn't used for striking like in ea mma. I thought that had potential and it really felt fluid. I hope the ground game ends up being deep.

# 51 kaletore11 @ 02/12/14 02:59 PM
Won't lie, I can't wait for this game.

# 52 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/12/14 03:54 PM
No Pride mode ? Sad panda..... Oh well. I will just create them.

# 53 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/12/14 05:02 PM
I want to be able to slam my way out of arm bars and triangle attempts. Considering of course the player I am controlling has a high enough strength rating.

# 54 woody2goody @ 02/12/14 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I want to be able to slam my way out of arm bars and triangle attempts. Considering of course the player I am controlling has a high enough strength rating.
Yeah agreed here, not everyone can escape by power.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 55 ManiacMatt1782 @ 02/12/14 08:06 PM
Quote:
That is the thing I hate the most about UFC 3. Its unrealistic. I'm on top and go for a kimura and just because it doesnt work I'm automatically now on the bottom with my opponent in side control? That doesnt make sense. I'd be OK with it if it was fighter specific.

If I try a kimura with Rampage, I can see someone easily reversing it so that I'm on bottom but that shouldnt happen with Maia or Shields. Same goes with the Rear Naked Choke. For things like a Triangle or Guillotine, I'm ok with that.
I think if you escape in the early stages you should get a sweep. If you escape later. The attacing fighter maintains top position. This obviously only applies to top position submissions.

# 56 RyanLaFalce @ 02/13/14 07:28 AM
Does anyone think this game will have a GM Mode? If it only has a career mode, I will be disappointed. I like to control the whole roster and not just one person.

# 57 aholbert32 @ 02/13/14 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Does anyone think this game will have a GM Mode? If it only has a career mode, I will be disappointed. I like to control the whole roster and not just one person.
I doubt it. I would love to see it but its the first game in the series. I think its just career mode and online but I could be wrong.

# 58 RyanLaFalce @ 02/13/14 08:29 AM
Quote:
I doubt it. I would love to see it but its the first game in the series. I think its just career mode and online but I could be wrong.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8760283.page
This thread was made in 2012, I assume when the game was first announced. At least they were thinking about it and hopefully it made it's way into the game.

# 59 aholbert32 @ 02/13/14 11:18 PM
No in game doctor stoppages confirmed.
Showtime kick confirmed as well as other cage based moves.

# 60 redsrule @ 02/13/14 11:23 PM
That sucks. With this "realistic" damage **** they are hyping you would think they could get that into the game. It would be great to see a guy with a nasty cut (assuming the damage works like they said) get stopped by the doctors.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.