Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released a brand new trailer for EA Sports UFC, along with some additional details, as seen below. Developer Diaries are coming soon featuring dynamic striking, submission battles, Living World and more.

Beyond Fighter Likeness
  • Reality is in the details. In the past, games could only recreate certain aspects of an athlete’s likeness. In EA SPORTS UFC, the true essence of each fighter’s appearance has been designed down to the very last detail.
  • After scanning fighters using the most advanced capture technology available, our developers have integrated high-res textures and dynamic lighting to bring an unparalleled level of realism to each and every character model in the game.
Emotion in Action
  • EA SPORTS UFC’s advanced capture process goes far beyond the surface to capture unique expressions and reactions, specific to the fighters themselves.
  • Instead of generic expressions, UFC stars will react just as they would in real life, providing a true range of emotion and credibility to fighters on the EA SPORTS UFC roster.
Octagon Awareness
  • Not only will athletes in EA SPORTS UFC each feature believable looks and personality, expect them to display a sense of awareness and intelligence throughout their fights.
  • From eyes that track opponents to facial expressions that change as each fight unfolds, every character in EA SPORTS UFC will act the way they would in a real fight.
Reach Advantage
  • Faces don’t win fights, and for that reason just as much attention has been put into each fighter’s unique physical attributes as we did their features.
  • Arms, legs and torsos have all been recreated to scale in-game, providing fighters the same advantages in EA SPORTS UFC that they would have in the real Octagon. Whether you’re powering through takedowns with Benson Henderson’s massive legs, or picking opponents apart with Jon Jones’ reach, every action in the Octagon will feel accurate and authentic.
Signature Moves
  • The UFC’s biggest personalities all do things a little differently. EA SPORTS UFC has captured hundreds of distinctive fighter animations ranging from walkout rituals to knockout celebrations that make the fighters feel more like themselves than ever before.
EA Sports UFC arrives in late Spring for Xbox One and PS4. Quite a few hands-on previews are popping up online today, check them out below.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/10/14 10:49 AM
If the game plays as half as good as it looks we're gonna be in for a treat. Impressive looking trailer.

# 2 Beantown @ 02/10/14 10:50 AM
That quick animation for the submission battle clip looked good.

# 3 aholbert32 @ 02/10/14 11:04 AM
Lots of things confirmed with the video:

Fighters confirmed: Rich Franklin (getting KOd by Evans towards the end), Pettis, Wanderlei, Cain, Hendricks.

Sponsors confirmed: Jaco, Dethrone, Tapout, Bad Boy, Hayabusa, Nike, Headrush.

Also a few assumptions can be made:

Rory Mcdonald is probably in the game.

Should we assume anything from the background behind Bryan Hayes. It has a ton of photos of UFC fighters. Are those just random photos or people that will be in the game?

From that I see Mousasi, Boetsch, T. Silva, P. Davis, Machida, Leben and Koscheck.

# 4 NYG_Meth @ 02/10/14 11:13 AM
Wow. Color me impressed thus far.

# 5 redsrule @ 02/10/14 12:28 PM
A couple more photos I just saw (don't think they've been posted yet:

# 6 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/10/14 12:29 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...ting-seriously

Here's an article that details a bit about the submission system.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/10/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
A couple more photos I just saw (don't think they've been posted yet:

C'mon Rashad lol.

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/10/14 12:31 PM
So I guess the dev video diaries will start rolling out soon. Looked good visually. Now I just have to see how it plays. More particularly, how the CPU vs CPU plays. My biggest knock on UFC games was that the AI never played like their fighting style, Every CPU AI played the same, which made creating fighters pointless if they all fought the same way.

# 9 redsrule @ 02/10/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
C'mon Rashad lol.
I think that photo looks a lot better of him than the face one that was released.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 02/10/14 12:36 PM
So according to the IGN article, there are 29 submissions in this game. And once again, there is a mini game aspect involved. But I really don't think you can ever get away from doing that anyway. Hopefully it doesn't take up the whole damn screen.

# 11 Hiro1 @ 02/10/14 01:37 PM
Man I'm excited

# 12 aholbert32 @ 02/10/14 01:39 PM
I'm digging everything I'm reading about the grapple and submission system. In UFC 3 all you had to do was press back to stop an opponent from transitioning. It didnt matter what direction he was going as long as you timed it right you could stop it.

With this it takes more strategy when it comes to grappling and subs. I cant wait to see it in action.

# 13 Thrash13 @ 02/10/14 01:48 PM
I haven't had a chance to read the IGN article yet, but the video looks awesome! I was definitely waiting to see Johny Hendricks, and his character model didn't disappoint. They got the beard spot on, lol. I wasn't sure if I would get a next-gen system for this or not, but I think this video just made up my mind for me.

# 14 allBthere @ 02/10/14 01:54 PM
"Blocking engages EA Sports UFC's countering system, which is similar to the one in Fight Night. A well-timed avoidance of an attack will give you a split-second window during which your opponent has to recover from missing the attack, and if you can hit them at that time, the attack will deal more damage than usual. Being able to take advantage of counterattack windows requires an additional level of skill that players of traditional fighting games, like Street Fighter, will already be familiar with."

Bye EA, you guys are morons. That can (and has) singlehandedly make your games unplayable for MANY people looking for a simulation experience.

I can't believe they think this is a good idea (still).

# 15 ManiacMatt1782 @ 02/10/14 02:00 PM

# 16 aholbert32 @ 02/10/14 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
"Blocking engages EA Sports UFC's countering system, which is similar to the one in Fight Night. A well-timed avoidance of an attack will give you a split-second window during which your opponent has to recover from missing the attack, and if you can hit them at that time, the attack will deal more damage than usual. Being able to take advantage of counterattack windows requires an additional level of skill that players of traditional fighting games, like Street Fighter, will already be familiar with."

Bye EA, you guys are morons. That can (and has) singlehandedly make your games unplayable for MANY people looking for a simulation experience.

I hate the counter windows in Fight Night but that can be turned down by lowering the sliders. As long as this game has sliders that can address it, I'm OK with it.

# 17 ManiacMatt1782 @ 02/10/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

If the game doesn't freeze, its actually fairly realistic because you are pretty vulnerable when over extended. If the have a freeze frame that triggers this window. I will be disappointed. But calm down and lets wait and see how this counter window is executed. EAMMA had a window, but it didnt have a freeze. You timed it right and you dealt a much more damaging strike or rocked your opponent or even got a one hitter quitter.

The freeze frame in Fight Night was terrible. But if the window is executed like EA MMA, we might have a winner.

# 18 jeremym480 @ 02/10/14 02:16 PM
I'd love to say that I need to see more (specifically game play) before making a buying decision. But, who would I be kidding?

Spoiler

# 19 ManiacMatt1782 @ 02/10/14 02:21 PM
Now I do hope if you are winging non stop hooks and power shots you are suceptible to being taken down especially by great wrestlers lime GSP Hendricks Rashad Jones Cain etc. It was way too easy to stuff a takedown in EAMMA while just swinging with wreckless abandon.

# 20 Steve_OS @ 02/10/14 02:24 PM
Added a few more hands-on preview links to the OP.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.