Home
The Golf Club News Post

OK - I have just been informed that there will be an email sent over in the next few hours that will provide access to the Golf Club closed beta today. Myself and any others who were lucky enough to gain access will provide what information we can in this thread. Asking questions is not a problem, but understand we may not be able to answer them all. I will post in here as soon as I have the game installed and have spent spent some time with it.

We just ask that you be patient - Thanks!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 201 bluengold34_OS @ 03/15/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikwelity
I just took a quick look on Google Earth, and it looks like no matter what you will have to get creative. Raes Creek at 11 and 12 is the lowest point on the course, but the ponds on 15 and 16, which I assume are man made, are roughly 40 feet higher. Also, on 13, Raes Creek up around the green is probably 10-15 feet higher then it is where it starts back at the beginning of the fairway. I don't know how you could have a creek with water near the green when you have a flat water table to work with... unless you made a canyon in front of the green instead of a creek.

I still think it's worth a shot, just have to get a little creative with it.
OK I discarded the original course and rebuilt it going 10 feet higher. While I still have some tweaking to do, the base is a lot better. In the pic below you have

1. Real life Augusta(hole 1)
2. Version 1 I created
3. Version 2(with higher elevation)

# 202 SinisterAlex @ 03/15/14 06:46 PM
I need this game in my life now.

# 203 LingeringRegime @ 03/15/14 07:57 PM
I can see myself spending more time designing courses than playing the game. Seems like 2 games for the price of 1.

I would love to have this by Masters Weekend. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

# 204 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/15/14 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I need this game in my life now.
You... Have... No... Idea. I will pay for access right now. Pay a good price!!!

# 205 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/15/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I can see myself spending more time designing courses than playing the game. Seems like 2 games for the price of 1
You read my mind. Completely agree.

# 206 yesrushdt @ 03/16/14 09:58 PM
It's nice to see they have course design in the game for PC AND consoles, but it certainly doesn't seem to allow you to recreate a real course as accurately as TW08 PC did. The course architect for Perfect Golf will probably end up being much, much better than the one in The Golf Club as well. Yet another reason (in addition to the omission of turn based online multiplayer) for me to pass on TGC.

# 207 bluengold34_OS @ 03/16/14 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt
It's nice to see they have course design in the game for PC AND consoles, but it certainly doesn't seem to allow you to recreate a real course as accurately as TW08 PC did. The course architect for Perfect Golf will probably end up being much, much better than the one in The Golf Club as well. Yet another reason (in addition to the omission of turn based online multiplayer) for me to pass on TGC.
Well I am equally excited to play Perfect Golf - I just wish there was some type of news on a release period or where the game stands, other than "we are working on it" Initially they said winter of 2013, and here we are ready to enter the 2nd quarter of 2014 and that's the best insight we can get?

# 208 jmaj315 @ 03/16/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
True, my first round last year was in March, though I didnt play again until May. Which driver? Is there a particular brand youre looking at for your woods? I just bought some Callaway x-hot fairway woods last year and I love them to death.
R1

I'd like to either match up Taylormade fairway woods or Titleist to match my irons. I'll definitely have to do some swinging this spring, but I think I'm gunna start with a new putter first.

# 209 half-fast @ 03/17/14 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
R1

I'd like to either match up Taylormade fairway woods or Titleist to match my irons. I'll definitely have to do some swinging this spring, but I think I'm gunna start with a new putter first.
Nice. A friend I went golfing with every week last summer bought an R1 ... he's not hitting it as well as his old Burner, fwiw. Of course, everyone's different. It sure does look slick, though.

# 210 rolltide1017 @ 03/17/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt
Perfect Golf. Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

Seriously, Perfect Golf had my attention back in June of 2012, when it was unveiled but, now almost 2 years later, I have very little confidence that it will ever get released. I dare them to prove me wrong but, I've lost all hope for that game.

# 211 jmaj315 @ 03/17/14 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Nice. A friend I went golfing with every week last summer bought an R1 ... he's not hitting it as well as his old Burner, fwiw. Of course, everyone's different. It sure does look slick, though.
Yea it took me about a month to figure out how to hit it (was scared to play after a few range sessions). But once i did, boy, I knock the snot out of it.
I'm hoping they have R1 fairway woods, mostly so I can match them up, but it doesn't seem that way.

So any new rounds you've played BluenGold?

# 212 dopeypoodle @ 03/19/14 11:17 AM
Very impressive work on this hole, three questions 1, When you play a hole can you move the ball where you want in the tee box, or is it the usual and you hit from where the ball is.2, I don't think that i have seen any divots from shots in the fairway are they there ? .Lastly in your own opinion do you think they will be adding crowds to the final game.Thank You

# 213 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I can see myself spending more time designing courses than playing the game. Seems like 2 games for the price of 1.

I would love to have this by Masters Weekend. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

That's what I feel most my time will go towards. Been waiting for years for this feature and it's finally here

# 214 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/19/14 11:21 AM
Poodle, they said they want this to be amateur golf, but they have said they will keep it in mind on their actual forums.

This game just needs to come to steam EARLY access as I had a dream last night about creating a golf course on it, smh...

# 215 southernSNIDELY @ 03/19/14 03:57 PM
Bluengold, would really like to see a gameplay video of build #2.
Also, would it be possible to include gameplay of taking shots from different camera angles? Maybe even throw in a "replay" or two?
I know you are busy working on Augusta, but i thought I would put in a request anyway!
thanks,

# 216 bluengold34_OS @ 03/19/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernSNIDELY
Bluengold, would really like to see a gameplay video of build #2.
Also, would it be possible to include gameplay of taking shots from different camera angles? Maybe even throw in a "replay" or two?
I know you are busy working on Augusta, but i thought I would put in a request anyway!
thanks,
Not a problem. I will play today and upload the video overnight, and post in the AM.

# 217 dopeypoodle @ 03/19/14 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeypoodle
Very impressive work on this hole, three questions 1, When you play a hole can you move the ball where you want in the tee box, or is it the usual and you hit from where the ball is.2, I don't think that i have seen any divots from shots in the fairway are they there ? .Lastly in your own opinion do you think they will be adding crowds to the final game.Thank You
Sorry but this msg was meant for bluengold34.

# 218 TheBleedingRed21 @ 03/19/14 04:48 PM
Um if you're referring to my post. Obviously I know that but was trying to help you out with what the actual developers said. Figured that'd be better than his opinion as bluengold has no idea what they are gonna implement or fix other than what he hears as well.

# 219 bluengold34_OS @ 03/19/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeypoodle
Thanks Poodle.

1. I have not seen or heard of a way to move the ball around the tee box yet

2. There are divots in the game. At times they are more pronounced than others, but they are there.

3. I was told directly from the lead producer that they have no plans on putting a crowd in there. Bleeding is correct in saying that this game is meant to replicate 4 friends playing on the weekend - not the PGA Tour.

# 220 dopeypoodle @ 03/19/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Um if you're referring to my post. Obviously I know that but was trying to help you out with what the actual developers said. Figured that'd be better than his opinion as bluengold has no idea what they are gonna implement or fix other than what he hears as well.
Thank you for that reply also i was trying to say that the first hole at Augusta
that he did work on looked very impressive IMO

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.