Home
R.B.I. Baseball 14 News Post

At the end of the day, R.B.I. Baseball 14 is pretty much exactly what we thought it would be. A report filed by Polygon says the game will be the fast-paced baseball game from your childhood with two button controls.

Quote:
"It's going to be very true to the roots of the brand, of R.B.I. Baseball," said Jamie Leece, vice president of games for MLB Advanced Media, in a phone interview with Polygon earlier this week. "It will be fast-paced; games can be played in under 20 minutes. From a user control standpoint, fans will find the controls to be 'classic,' reminiscent of the two-button controls from games of that generation."

MLB also commented that players will behave as they do in real life, with real-life data being the basis for attributes and player behavior within the game. The game will feature a season mode, an exhibition mode, and a playoff mode. No cost information was revealed, but it was revealed the game will be a digital release on PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, and mobile platforms.

R.B.I. Baseball 14 will release on the PS3/Xbox 360 initially (reported to be April 10), with the next-gen consoles release following that. You can see more screens of the game here.

What do you think? Is R.B.I. Baseball 14 what you expected? Are you going to buy?

R.B.I. Baseball 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view R.B.I. Baseball 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: R.B.I. Baseball 14Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOS / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
R.B.I. Baseball 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DanH35 @ 03/15/14 09:46 PM
This looks like exactly what I wanted when they announced it, a "HD" version of the RBI games I played when I was young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 142 Moegames @ 03/16/14 02:10 PM
These screens look bammer ....I figured something was up when the developers hadnt released any type of screenshots until the very end.

# 143 HustlinOwl @ 03/16/14 02:14 PM
just dont see how a mobile port for $1.99 will transfer well to consoles and HD 1080P, if $15 on console why not just pay the $2 mobile version?

# 144 THESHAMISASHAME @ 03/16/14 04:55 PM
I know these days visuals sell the game and Im even swayed by them but can you imagine if this game has real interaction based off real stats , true human skill and attributes without all the fake canned programmed stuff so called sim games use today this could actually be a blast as I have found in the past less can be more especially with the mechanical side of video games .

I really just want a sports game I can pick up and play and not wanna put down in disgust or forced frustration like Im not even playing as FUN and replay value are a must .

# 145 roadman @ 03/16/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
just dont see how a mobile port for $1.99 will transfer well to consoles and HD 1080P, if $15 on console why not just pay the $2 mobile version?
I understand you want a "sim" 2014 baseball game and most people do, including myself.

Looks like a game I'll have fun with my sons instead of handing my phone to them and saying, your turn. I already know what the game already is.

Just because people are buying this game doesn't mean they don't support a sim type game now or in the near future.

# 146 Teirminator @ 03/17/14 08:12 AM
Was just looking at the scoreboard screenshot again. Looks like 8 innings complete in only 12 minutes! That's a quick game!

# 147 Motown @ 03/17/14 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Is this the actual hitting view?

Kinda reminds me of a Hardball/Triple Play hybrid visually

# 148 HustlinOwl @ 03/17/14 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand you want a "sim" 2014 baseball game and most people do, including myself.

Looks like a game I'll have fun with my sons instead of handing my phone to them and saying, your turn. I already know what the game already is.

Just because people are buying this game doesn't mean they don't support a sim type game now or in the near future.
I have a sim game in the show, but again stating how is a mobile port going to transfer to consoles???

# 149 roadman @ 03/17/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I have a sim game in the show, but again stating how is a mobile port going to transfer to consoles???
We'll be finding out soon enough.

http://www.intelfreepress.com/news/w...-converge/5929

C++ programming for both areas.

The next step is to push mobile graphics quite a lot further than they’ve been to-date. I’d say we’re about one or two iterations of the iPad away from being able to do a full-deferred rendering in a game. I think within 12 months we can be playing something that looks like “Doom 3″ on the iPad or the equivalent, like Android tablets.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.