Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

In MLB '14 The Show, we've added a whole new way to compete against other players, even when you’re away from your PlayStation. Your Diamond Dynasty team is always prepared to compete in an offline setting, earning you bonus rewards to be claimed the next time you log in. When online, you'll have the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in offline games where the AI controls their team. The next time that user logs in, he will see how his team fared against you.

When the AI controls your team, it utilizes the new Universal Profile Tendency Tracking system to replicate your play style. Whether you run a lot on the base paths, play a lot of small ball, or pepper the strike zone, other players will get a good sense of your on-field personality even when you’re not behind the controller. Click here to check out the full Dev Blog – New Universal Profile and Stubs. It’s worth noting that when the AI controls your team, your players do not accrue stats or lose games and your dynasty only stands to benefit financially.

Challenging other dynasties using the Extra Innings system is simple. Jump into a game against any team directly from Standings or your Extra Innings challenge history. Not sure who to challenge? Use the Play Ball Extra Innings option to get view recommended teams with varying team strengths. When you are controlling your team, your players record stats and lose games just as they would if you played a game against the MLB AI.

Extra Innings provides a more robust offline experience in MLB 14 The Show. While the Rating and Division system are still based on competitive online play, playing offline to evolve your players and build up your dynasty will be social, engaging, and more fun than ever.

Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HustlinOwl @ 03/12/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I think what would be great is to have a Logo Vault where you have user created logos as well as Dev created logos available for use.

I agree the creator is not easy for everyone.
I have a decent understanding of PhotoShop which helps, but even then its tough. I think the average person just gives up.
excellent post and Im in this camp

# 22 johnlnames @ 03/12/14 10:14 PM
Looks like they've invested a lot more time in DD. For me, this is disappointing Im not a fan of the feature at all.

# 23 MrOldboy @ 03/12/14 10:47 PM
Quote:
I think what would be great is to have a Logo Vault where you have user created logos as well as Dev created logos available for use.

I agree the creator is not easy for everyone.
I have a decent understanding of PhotoShop which helps, but even then its tough. I think the average person just gives up.
If it was similar to how Forza did it, that would be ok. But you risk losing individuality between the teams if you can import others' work. I honestly would not want to put my logo out there since I wan't my team to look distict from every other team in DD. There are a lot of teams.

I agree there needs to be an easier way to create simple logos, expecially text. Having to use a stamp system, for text sucks. You should be able to type in Bananas, pick a font, change it to yellow and done. You can have a jersey made with Bananas in yellow accross the chest in a few minutes.

My main complaint is that there needs to be a way to import the previous year's logo into DD. There should be a way to access your logo which is stored server side somewhere in MLB 14, 15 and beyond. I spend a lot of time on my logos and even having a way to import the logo as one flat layer would be enough.

This is the logo that shows up on theshownation.com so they have the ability to flatten as a PNG, lower the resolution, and have it stored on a server, in this case Amazon's.

If they could just let you import a flat image such as this, but at the original resolution, then it would solve the headache of having to recreate your team each year.

# 24 Curahee @ 03/12/14 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If it was similar to how Forza did it, that would be ok.
I have no clue how Forza does anything, but I dont see it as being that big of a deal.
How many DD teams out there now use stock DD logos from the creator and do nothing to them but slap a name on them?

I know for a fact that you would have some people that would enjoy making logos just to share with the community.

Even if those logos were just black & white and required the DLer to add color and a name.
That would give them individuality and not require TOO much effort in creating a logo.

As far as saving your logo for next year, isnt that part of the point of the MLB14 YTY Saves?

# 25 cardinalbird5 @ 03/12/14 11:32 PM
I honestly don't find the logos difficult at all to make. I think it is fun to see some of the artist out there. I don't even consider myself good at making the logo's, but most of mine resemble some sort of real team. A lot of users don't even put effort into it.

I think a lot of guys on this forum haven't given this mode a chance or it just doesn't appeal to them. I love the mode and I find it strange NBA 2k's MyTeam is more popular when it is absolutely garbage compared to DD.

This is a cool feature for sure.

# 26 MrOldboy @ 03/12/14 11:38 PM
Quote:
I have no clue how Forza does anything, but I dont see it as being that big of a deal.
How many DD teams out there now use stock DD logos from the creator and do nothing to them but slap a name on them?

I know for a fact that you would have some people that would enjoy making logos just to share with the community.

Even if those logos were just black & white and required the DLer to add color and a name.
That would give them individuality and not require TOO much effort in creating a logo.

As far as saving your logo for next year, isnt that part of the point of the MLB14 YTY Saves?
Forza had the ability to create layers basically, say a banana, or a space invader. Stuff like that. You could then take those and stamp them on your car. But the creator created it with purpose of sharing it. They could get very complicated and more than enough to be an actual logo.

That would be ideal, allow for creation of parts that can be used in logos, not entire logos.

But you could still end up with the same thing, people downloading a user created logo and slaping a name on them.

I don't think anything has been said regarding year to year saves in DD. You could export your DD logo on PS3 last year, but I don't think its been said if that logo file can be imported into MLB 14. Plus that was for PS3, even if it is in the game this year, it wouldn't help the PS4 version.

# 27 Curahee @ 03/13/14 12:01 AM
Quote:
Plus that was for PS3, even if it is in the game this year, it wouldn't help the PS4 version.
Why not? MLB14/PS3 saves transfer to MLB14/PS4.

# 28 nomo17k @ 03/13/14 12:37 AM
Logo import, etc., would be nice.

It would also be cooler if there were vaults for team logo, uniform, and such. There are people who are great at creating these things.

Also, importing CAP made by yourself/others to your team... spending a lot of time customizing players' appearance, knowing they'll be gone after a few dozen games feels like preparing gorgeous meal for an hour knowing that you will finish eating in five minutes.

# 29 MrOldboy @ 03/13/14 01:20 AM
Quote:
Why not? MLB14/PS3 saves transfer to MLB14/PS4.
But MLB 13 saves do not transfer to MLB 14, correct?

Sure they could have MLB 14 DD logos import to PS4 similar to the way its down with other saves in The Show, but I will still need to recreate my logo for the third time this year.

# 30 chitownwonder @ 03/13/14 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
Looks like they've invested a lot more time in DD. For me, this is disappointing Im not a fan of the feature at all.
This is the problem, just because you don't play that particular mode you come on here just to say you disappointed that they spent time improving this mode for people that do. This is exactly why there's so much back and forth going on in these forms . If you don't play it what's your reason to comment on it? To start an argument? I don't play it never have it doesn't appeal to me but obviously a lot of people do and I'm happy that they got something they wanted.

I'm an on line lg guy and I'm happy they did what a lot of us wanted. My point is be happy with the changes they made to the mode you like and let other people rejoice in the improvements they made in there modes.

# 31 TGov @ 03/13/14 02:32 AM
I spent so much time creating teams and logos and I barely even played any games, Im not much for online play and if Im going to play the CPU its gonna be in my franchise. But Im a sucker for new features especially ones with customizations... Needless to say, I am not looking forward to this mode. It's really just an online franchise with a team creator, imagine the additional improvements they could have added with the amount of space this mode takes up?

Whoever likes this mode, Im happy for you, it's just not my cup of tea for varies of reasons...

# 32 OneTonneBaby @ 03/13/14 08:16 AM
Enough of these boring modes and blogs. Give us some ps4 footage, its the only thing people want.

# 33 Curahee @ 03/13/14 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTonneBaby
Enough of these boring modes and blogs. Give us some ps4 footage, its the only thing people want.
They cant give us footage if its not done and I wouldnt expect anything for PS4 until PS3 is released.

# 34 Curahee @ 03/13/14 08:39 AM
Quote:
But MLB 13 saves do not transfer to MLB 14, correct?
Yes. I wasnt referring to MLB13.
As far as Im concerned, MLB13 no longer exists and has no bearing on future titles.

# 35 TGov @ 03/13/14 09:57 AM
Quote:
As far as Im concerned, MLB13 no longer exists and has no bearing on future titles.

# 36 Curahee @ 03/13/14 10:19 AM
^^^ I dont get it.

# 37 ckarlic @ 03/13/14 10:45 AM
Quote:
When the AI controls your team, it utilizes the new Universal Profile Tendency Tracking system to replicate your play style. Whether you run a lot on the base paths, play a lot of small ball, or pepper the strike zone, other players will get a good sense of your on-field personality even when you’re not behind the controller. Click here to check out the full Dev Blog – New Universal Profile and Stubs. It’s worth noting that when the AI controls your team, your players do not accrue stats or lose games and your dynasty only stands to benefit financially.
This part reminds of Forza 5's drivatar system. I like the idea. Ive never played much of diamond dynasty due to spending tons of time with my franchise, but I may give it a whirl this year.

# 38 MrOldboy @ 03/13/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
My point was that it should.

People spent hours making their logos and teams in MLB 13 and there are surely users now that either

Do not want to remake their logo and will go with something less complex/unique.

And those who find the process too tedious and do want to engage in the mode in MLB 14.

It makes the mode more a of a tedious endeavor than any other mode in the game and I can see why there are people who complain about the process. I am not going to play DD on the PS3 version of MLB 14, even if you could import your logo I'm not going to spend time on the mode when a new community and leaderboard arrives in a month+ on PS4. The logos should have been transferrable year to year by now, its a very long a tedious process for many to create their logos.

# 39 Curahee @ 03/13/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
My point was that it should.
Maybe so, but we cant go back in time and discover the code to allow it.
All we can do is move forward from here.

# 40 nemesis04 @ 03/13/14 01:45 PM
I always have the best intentions of playing this mode but as soon as I get to the logo creation section its over!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.