Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil demo is available now for 360 (Gold Exclusive), weighing in at 1.66 GB. You can queue it up right here.

It will be available later today for PS3 users, we will update this post when it's online.

UPDATE: It is now available for PS3.

The demo includes the following teams in the Estadio do Maracana, the site of the final game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
  • Brazil
  • Mexico
  • USA
  • England
  • Australia
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • Ivory Coast
It has a 4 minute half length, you can change the difficulty settings, game speed, camera settings, visual settings, rules and sliders. The brazuca, Adidas’ official match ball is also available.

Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ADHAMM3R @ 04/01/14 12:19 PM
After playing as Brasil v Japan, here are my thoughts:

1. It throws me off that they switched the colors associated with positions. GK is now Green, DEF is now Blue, MID is now Orange, and ATT is now Yellow.

2. All players appear to have CPU generated faces for their bio pics. If they do go this route instead of using actual photos, perhaps they could have made it have some animation while you are looking at it or something.

3. Lol Neymar has 0 stars in his weak foot. Don't know if that's a glitch or not. Btw, I think they added in diving. Neymar seems to flop around a lot after a tackle. Kinda cool! Perhaps it will be a new trait for FIFA's to come!

4. The interface is great. Loving the festive theme and it really brings a great feel to the game.

5. The player momentum system seems to be toned down a lot, almost to being gone. Don't mind that as much. I feel like players respond more like IRL.

6. Wish they would have put my team in the demo (Germany) instead of dumpy England (sorry to all you Brits lol).

7. The celebrations post goal are really cool. Loved seeing the Japanese fans disappointed and my coach celebrating.

8. Loving the ability to run plays on corners now. Huge addition imo.

Addendum to #3: Hopefully they make diving for future games. Would love to see players get carded for diving too much in a match. Likewise maybe you win a call every now and then. Could be added as a player trait as well.

# 2 Mo @ 04/01/14 02:13 PM
Can only name 7 subs on the bench. Is that a new rule or did EA **** up?

# 3 JibberSkin @ 04/01/14 02:37 PM
The demo is available on the Playstation store!

# 4 Toneboy @ 04/01/14 02:40 PM
First thought upon playing this was that the final product will have to have a way to bypass all the introductions and anthems. I was button bashing everything, but ended up just having to wait.

Liked the gameplay, usual cutaways for the now standard substitutions did make me laugh. Absolute FIFA staple.

# 5 Moose Factory @ 04/01/14 05:13 PM
I've been playing FIFA 14 on Xbox One since launch and after playing this demo I just can't go back to these lousy graphics. The textures are just awful. Luckily I still have time to cancel my pre-order. Sad. Just sad.

# 6 Steve_OS @ 04/01/14 05:38 PM
Clint Dempsey with the USMNT Nike away jersey.

# 7 ImTellinTim @ 04/01/14 05:43 PM
Haha, they got the shorts color wrong (compared to the photos released today). Cue the outrage!

# 8 tom180 @ 04/01/14 06:19 PM
7 subs is a bit weird unless FIFA have changed the rules which I'm sure they haven't. 7 subs is usually the norm in most internationals but at previous world cups you've allowed 12 (The whole squad involved in the matchday squad).

# 9 Mo @ 04/01/14 09:15 PM
Shame there's no upload feature in the demo

# 10 Ermolli @ 04/01/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Haha, they got the shorts color wrong (compared to the photos released today). Cue the outrage!
I'd say that the one from the videogame looks better than the real thing, the blue short makes it decent.

# 11 rckabillyRaider @ 04/01/14 10:55 PM
wow. What happened to FIFA? I know EA tends to be on the side of arcadey gameplay, but this is pretty bad. The player momentum from 14 is almost non-existent. The speed is pretty fast even on slow. The animations don't seem as good either. FIFA 14 (mainly on PC but even consoles) is much better. I'm disappointed.

EDIT: sliders help a bit with the game speed but it's still bad, IMO. The animations look fast and twitchy I guess you can say. I don't get the sense of any strategy at all.

# 12 racerx @ 04/02/14 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
I've been playing FIFA 14 on Xbox One since launch and after playing this demo I just can't go back to these lousy graphics. The textures are just awful. Luckily I still have time to cancel my pre-order. Sad. Just sad.
This!!! Been playing on the PS4 for awhile now. Downloaded the demo last night for PS3 and it was a rough transition graphics wise. Still might pick it up though with the amount of national teams in it.

# 13 ADHAMM3R @ 04/02/14 05:45 PM
I think we need to look at this game in a different way. Don't look at it as "cutting edge graphics" or "ultra realistic physics engines". I'm seeing it more as a game to get where I can sit down with my friends and just have a good time playing. Similar to Super Smash Bros on the N64...

# 14 Stormyhog @ 04/02/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
This!!! Been playing on the PS4 for awhile now. Downloaded the demo last night for PS3 and it was a rough transition graphics wise. Still might pick it up though with the amount of national teams in it.
As much as I've enjoyed the demo I am still passing on the full game. EA hyped fifa 14 next gen and how much better the experience is and now they want us to go backwards. I was very surprised when they made the annoucement that it wouldn't be coming to next gen consoles.

# 15 Anners @ 04/03/14 04:41 AM
I know there's criticism of the flow from FIFA 14 on the PS4, but if you go from the PS3 to the demo it's improved I think.

For some reason it seems to be like that because from what I remember, FIFA 10 was ok, but the World Cup game in that year seemed to be a lot better. I imagine if I did the same as a lot of others and had a PS4 I'd be a lot more critical however.

# 16 dipatach @ 04/03/14 10:31 AM
Defensively, the gameplay is much improved. I have much more control on defense and I don't feel like I'm ice skating on defense

# 17 KennyJ1976 @ 04/03/14 04:22 PM
I've been playing soccer/football games for about 2 months now and have become addicted to them. So I will be adding this to my collection. It is disappointing that this game isn't next gen, but if I can stand to look at PES 2014 after playing FIFA 14 on the PS4, then I think I can tolerate this game until FIFA 15 comes out.

# 18 Stormyhog @ 04/03/14 08:05 PM
After playing the demo some more I think I may pick it up after all. I like the feel of the game and if I am having fun and that's what matters most to me. Still disappointed it's not coming to next gen but I'll get over it.

# 19 bigdt21 @ 04/03/14 09:22 PM
I've been playing FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, so I am not actually stepping down from NextGen, but I feel like the graphics took a step back from 14 to this demo. The crowd shots seem better, but the gameplay and the menus are much worse. I'll give it a few more games to see if I get more used to it, but as for now I will be passing on the game.

# 20 CarryTheWeight @ 04/05/14 08:59 AM
I may be in the minority, but I personally love the depth of the World Cup games exactly the way they are.

200+ national teams with real-life players? Commentary for all nations and players --- even reserve players on weaker teams? It thoroughly outdoes the FIFA series in that respect. I still play the 2006 and 2010 World Cup games years later. They're fun time capsules, if only to create custom World Cups with obscure teams that will likely never qualify.

EA could've only included the national teams that qualified and called it a day at $59.99 --- that or made a bare-bones $20 DLC like they did with UEFA Euro 12, which included generic players on unlicensed teams.

By that logic, I'm pretty much a "niche" consumer. After all, the opportunity to play as the real-life Macedonian team is a worthy enough reason for me to purchase this game every four years. Is the game perfect? No, and neither are EA's business practices.

At the end of the day, though, I simply find the game fun, the depth immersive and the features worthwhile enough to purchase.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.