Home
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is in stores today for PS3 and 360. After you play a few matches, please post your impressions. Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL™ ON SHELVES TODAY IN NORTH AMERICA

Fans Can Now Experience All The Fun, Excitement, And Drama Of Football’s Greatest Event

Electronic Arts Inc. today unveiled their most immersive EA SPORTS™ tournament title ever, EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, now available in stores throughout North America. Complete with 11 Game Modes, 21 new stadiums, 7,469 players, 203 National Teams sanctioned by FIFA®, and one hundred new football animations, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup is now available for Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Gameplay innovations and new features make EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil authentic to the tournament experience. All new in-mode training session, adidas® micoach Training allows fans to improve player attributes as the tournament progresses by competing in 18 different drills that can enhance everything from pace to shooting. New Penalty Kicks and Set Piece Tactics change the way the game is played from dead ball situations. Penalty Kicks feel dramatic and rewarding with new save animations, shot tuning, and Goalkeeper Antics, while Set Piece Tactics put fans in control of the runs their teammates take by using the directional pad and choosing one of four preset plays. Other innovations to the franchise’s award-winning* gameplay includes improvements made to passing, dribbling, and player movement that were implemented to showcase the world class talent that will be on display at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™.

“This summer’s tournament in Brazil promises to be one of the most colorful and exciting FIFA World Cups we’ve ever seen,” said Mat Prior, Lead Producer, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. “The game we’ve created will give fans a chance to feel the excitement, drama, and flare of the tournament whether they choose to play offline against friends or online against people from all over the world.”

A new design feature Patriotic Presentation implements newly-rendered 3D crowds, cut scenes from celebrations all over the world, and hundreds of flags and banners to bring the sights and sounds of Brazil directly to fans’ homes. Commentary in nine languages, a new soundtrack with 34 tracks, and EA SPORTS Talk Radio** highlight a fully featured audio package to help shape the theme and narrative of the tournament. EA SPORTS Talk Radio, featuring Ian Darke and Andy Goldstein, or Roger Bennett and Michael Davies (Men in Blazers), is available in Road to the FIFA World Cup™ and Captain your Country, contains over 50 hours of recorded content to stay up to date on all the action.

EA SPORTS Football Club will make it easy for fans of the franchise to continue their experience by making members’ existing XP and Football Club Credits available to use in the catalogue of EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup. The EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue will be stocked with new and exciting tournament content like Historic FIFA World Cup™ Kits, new celebrations, adidas® footballs, an EA SPORTS FIFA Classic XI team, an adidas® All-Star team, and many other items. For more information and to buy the game, fans can visit http://www.easports.com/2014-fifa-world-cup/buy.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Golden_Rhino @ 04/16/14 02:39 AM
I noticed a couple of problems:

1. Cannot change kit numbers. It really bothers me to see a number 53 playing in the World Cup.

2. It asks you to choose a World Cup Roster, but when the tourney begins, it's a random roster.

3. It does not allow me to create a goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 22 tom180 @ 04/16/14 02:43 AM
Personally I prefer FIFA World Cup 2010. Much better in my opinion.

# 23 zmcman1 @ 04/16/14 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletal88
Captain your country mode is a little messed up. Depending on your ranking and who your "rivals" are, they will take up 3 spots on the team potentially replacing your star players. Because one of my rivals was a RW, Messi never played, even when we made the World Cup...
Running into this currently in my US career. I'm a striker, my current rivals are Altidore, Johannsson, and Eddie Johnson. Due to the rivals having to be on the field the lineup currently features

ST - Altidore
CAM - Me
LM - Johannnsson
RM - Johnson

Dempsey/Donovan have to come off the bench until the game (hopefully) decides to switch the rivals. I'm really enjoying the game, but definitely some curious design choices by EA in this.

edit: Finished the last game and it shifted to Jozy (3rd), Donovan (4th), Me (5th), Johansson (12th). So hopefully they drop Johannsson soon.

And the game just froze for the 5th time today. Doubt it's my console, I haven't had issues like this with any other game.

# 24 sikolec @ 04/16/14 03:11 AM
If anybody is curious (as I was), here is the breakdown of licensed kits vs. fake kits:

61 Real Kits of 203 nations (30.0%)

By Region:

AFC - 6 Real of 43 nations (14.0%)
OFC - 1 Real of 10 nations (9.1%)
CONCACAF - 6 Real of 35 nations (17.1%)
CONMEBOL - 10 Real of 10 nations (100.0%)
UEFA - 30 Real of 53 nations (56.6%)

If anybody wants, I can list the 61 countries with real kits.

# 25 sarlndr @ 04/16/14 08:14 AM
This is why EA needs a uniform editor that players can use to make the correct kits.

At least they got South America right.

# 26 DOAsaturn @ 04/16/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
If anybody is curious (as I was), here is the breakdown of licensed kits vs. fake kits:

61 Real Kits of 203 nations (30.0%)

By Region:

AFC - 6 Real of 43 nations (14.0%)
OFC - 1 Real of 10 nations (9.1%)
CONCACAF - 6 Real of 35 nations (17.1%)
CONMEBOL - 10 Real of 10 nations (100.0%)
UEFA - 30 Real of 53 nations (56.6%)

If anybody wants, I can list the 61 countries with real kits.
Please do if it's not so much trouble. Curious how strict you were with the definition of real kits. On the EA forums, some of the more eagle-eyed users have spotted inconsistencies with many "real" kits. I'm not too worried with the exactness of the stripes on the socks, etc... On the other hand, Montserrat (CONCACAF team I'm choosing to play through qualifying first) have kits that are so shockingly representative (for a minnow) that, when compared to the inconsistencies of some "real" kits, I'd say their real kit was included...(Montserrat's kit is only really egregiously wrong in the placement of the number)

# 27 poulka @ 04/16/14 01:07 PM
Someone said full qualification was not WC 2010. If I'm mistaken I thought that was in that game.

# 28 SlimKibbles @ 04/16/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
Someone said full qualification was not WC 2010. If I'm mistaken I thought that was in that game.

It wasn't. That was one of the reasons I traded the game in after a week. CONCACAF started with the hexagonal. There was that and the actual WC tournament was kind of broken. Teams that should have qualified according to the standings didn't. That game was rushed. Between that and the FIFA 10 debt glitch, I told myself I'd never buy another FIFA game. But, if this has full qualification and the bugs that were in South Africa 2010 have been fixed, I'll likely pick this up. The France '98 and Germany '06 games were a lot of fun to play. I hope they've recaptured that.

PS- I kind of wish they'd bring back indoor mode like they had in the France '98 game. That was something different, and a blast to play!

# 29 Benglez @ 04/16/14 02:17 PM
In customize menu, go to create player option, then move your right stick, and the edit player option will appear, and from there you can change kit numbers...However, I confirm that when you modify your squad, and enter a game mode: world cup or qualifying...the game messes up the squad, you have a forward as a goalie, a golie as a midfielder and so forth...so you have to reset again the squad before the first match and save your game mode...

By the way, as long as they keep the main colors of the uniforms real, I don't care about licensed kits...and I haven't found any important issues about uniforms after 16 teams or so checked.., in fact I like better Mexico's uniform in the game than the real one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 sly0981 @ 04/16/14 02:26 PM
I like it so far. Only played a couple games but it seems good to me.

# 31 theaub @ 04/16/14 07:51 PM
Being able to create and edit players is huge

# 32 sikolec @ 04/16/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Please do if it's not so much trouble. Curious how strict you were with the definition of real kits. On the EA forums, some of the more eagle-eyed users have spotted inconsistencies with many "real" kits. I'm not too worried with the exactness of the stripes on the socks, etc... On the other hand, Montserrat (CONCACAF team I'm choosing to play through qualifying first) have kits that are so shockingly representative (for a minnow) that, when compared to the inconsistencies of some "real" kits, I'd say their real kit was included...(Montserrat's kit is only really egregiously wrong in the placement of the number)
My definition of "real" kits was essentially if they weren't a generic (easy way to tell is if they have the kit maker's logo; Nike, Puma, etc.) That's not to say some generic uniforms aren't spot on. That is also not to say that there are inconsistencies of "real" kits.

Here is my list:

Asia:

Australia
China
Iran
Japan
Qatar
South Korea

Oceania:

New Zealand

North America:

Canada
Costa Rica
Honduras
Jamaica
Mexico
United States

Europe:

Austria
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
England
Ireland
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Israel
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Scotland
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
Wales

South America:

Argentina
Brazil
Bolivia
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
Paraguay
Peru
Uruguay
Venezuela

Africe:

Algeria
Cameroon
Ghana
Ivory Coast
Nigeria
Senegal
South Africa
Zambia

# 33 fearwhatnow @ 04/17/14 05:11 AM
4 pages of impressions and most posts have to do with kits, colors and licenses. I guess Fifa solved all the other major gameplay issues and we have now a truly authentic sim football experience... No surprise then that each year both football videogames are plagued with several gameplay flaws.

# 34 gbx34 @ 04/17/14 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
4 pages of impressions and most posts have to do with kits, colors and licenses. I guess Fifa solved all the other major gameplay issues and we have now a truly authentic sim football experience... No surprise then that each year both football videogames are plagued with several gameplay flaws.

The colors and kits have to be 100% accurate before when can start talking about anything that matters, if not it seems this game is worthless

# 35 dubcity @ 04/17/14 01:51 PM
Goalkeepers are kinda weird. I've read reviews saying that they are improved over FIFA 14, but I've seen them make some bizarre decisions. Leaving their line way too early, getting tangled up with defenders and forgetting to pick up the ball, and other glitchy issues.

They do seem to be stopping more shots, which is good because it balances things out and keeps scorelines realistic.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

# 36 poulka @ 04/17/14 02:14 PM
I qualified teams in WC 2010 and I didn't have any problems with WC tournament either. IDK.

# 37 ADHAMM3R @ 04/17/14 03:29 PM
looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. Downloading it digitally on the xbox after I get paid. Looking to use my beloved Germany and win the world cup.

probably will play a few with some smaller nations as well.

How does the full game feel compared to the demo? Identical or what?

# 38 fearwhatnow @ 04/18/14 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
The colors and kits have to be 100% accurate before when can start talking about anything that matters, if not it seems this game is worthless
If this is really the priority of the majority of gamers then I'll just sit back and enjoy the inevitable death of quality videogaming. Tactics/Team+Player Individuality/Accurate Stats must be authentic. Not the socks, shoes and underwear. Does Spain national team plays ingame as irl? Do we see on the pitch the differences in build-up play between Brazil and England? If the answer is Yes then I don't care if Spain players have pink uniforms and Mexican ones wear sobreros.

# 39 FunkDockta27 @ 04/18/14 11:44 AM
Picked it up Tuesday after the gym.
Had to wait until Thursday to get the game in the PS3.
I feel better now.
I love World Cup, and having both this and FIFA14 I got both my soccer fixes. I'm rolling a WC with Jamaica and a full Qualifier with Ireland offline. Got crushed when I used Argentina online, but when I used New Zealand wasn't so bad.

# 40 ianlast @ 04/18/14 03:20 PM
Anyone noticing this weird bug on replays after goals?

The camera starts out in the middle of the pitch and slowly pans towards the goal. As a result, you miss most of the replay. It's weird.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.