Home
The Golf Club News Post

The PC version of The Golf Club is available now on steam for $29.99, during their early access promotion. On April 24th, the game will be $34.99. Still no word on official release dates for Xbox One or PS4.

There are plenty of impressions of the beta here, thanks to bluengold34_OS, but play a few rounds for yourself and post your impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Highly Realistic Golf Simulation Game - The Golf Club - Tees off Today on Steam Early Access

HB Studios Simulation, Complete with Course Creator and Social Features, Now Available on Steam Early Access for PC

Canadian video game developer, HB Studios, today announced its next generation golf simulation, The Golf Club, is now available on Steam Early Access for PC. The Golf Club features pre-designed courses as well as a Course Creator that allows players to build brand new courses and share them online within seconds. The Golf Club Early Access is available for $29.99, discounted from $34.99 for 7 days. Scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One soon, The Golf Club will redefine the genre across both console and PC platforms. For more information, including a host of instructional videos, please visit the official website here.

“With a heritage deeply rooted in building some of the most fun, intuitive and critically successful sport franchises on the EA Sports label, HB Studios are now excited to roll out the first phase of The Golf Club,” said Jeremy Wellard, President of HB Studios. “With integrated social features, a massive online multiplayer mode and a Course Creator that will provide players with endless challenges, avid golfers and gamers can now access The Golf Club on Steam Early Access.”

The Golf Club is designed for 1 - 4 players locally, (from single player to 4-player sofa play), or in an asynchronous online multiplayer mode that allows players to compete against “live balls” and “ghost balls” from other players. Early Access of The Golf Club comes complete with three modes: stroke play, match play and 4-ball, and no loading times between holes.

The Course Creator allows players to build an unlimited number of golf courses which can then be shared and played with friends online. New courses can be generated in a matter of seconds by selecting a theme (Rural, Alpine or Autumn), terrain features, number of holes and difficulty. Players can then enjoy a full suite of editing tools from changing the time of day to placing hazards and objects to create the ultimate golf challenge. Players can also discover new courses built by friends and the community by filtering through rank and difficulty, as well as interact with new The Golf Club members through the Message Center.

Additional social features enable players to challenge friends and attempt to beat high scores and best their own highest recorded rounds. Add to this a myriad of statistic tracking tools, notifications, challenges and much more, and you have a golf club truly worth joining. The Golf Club was developed with the Unity games development platform.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jrdsvtk @ 04/21/14 08:31 AM
Feel free to add me on Steam gentlemen - B0rkLas3r

I am really bad right now. Played a few rounds yesterday and the game just tore me up. If you can't hit it straight, you're not going to succeed. Also, my biggest gripe is the putting. Not quite getting down the power percentage to the amount of swing.

# 82 SinisterAlex @ 04/21/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Not sure what you mean. After it Is generated, go to edit holes. Then you use the sticks to move, r2 and l2 to zoom. It's very easy to use.

And you can do it from scratch but I've found te generator to start then personal editing is really neat.
I mean't going into a mode where you editing the hole as if you were playing it in person.

# 83 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/21/14 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I mean't going into a mode where you editing the hole as if you were playing it in person.
You can zoom in as far as you want. It's basically the same thing. I make my hills etc. Zoom to tee box and rotate camera to make a first person view.

Is that what you mean? I couldn't just use arial as I need to see how deep to makes sand etc.

# 84 Garrett67 @ 04/21/14 01:00 PM
Is there a way to add friends that aren't on your Steam list?

The reason I ask is because I belong to the OS Steam group as well as the Golf Club group and as far as I can tell, unless someone is on your main Steam friends list (and not just groups) you cannot see them.

# 85 ubernoob @ 04/21/14 01:33 PM
Nope, it's only the people on your Steam friends list that show up. No other way to add ghost balls/scores.

# 86 Cod @ 04/21/14 01:36 PM
Have y'all played any custom courses yet? Or just the "official" ones?

I can't wait for someone to make Augusta National and Royal Aberdeen Golf Club. I'm sure they'll be some awesome custom ones as well once the game is further along.

# 87 Cod @ 04/21/14 02:22 PM
Look at hole 17 boys and girls...

That's right...even the crappiest video golfers get lucky!

# 88 Lieutenant Dan @ 04/21/14 03:20 PM
Congrats on the ace!!

# 89 ASB37 @ 04/21/14 03:33 PM
I'm so jealous of you guys on steam.

The console version needs a release date ASAP, I'm dying over here.

# 90 jrdsvtk @ 04/21/14 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Look at hole 17 boys and girls...

That's right...even the crappiest video golfers get lucky!
I'm so happy my great round ended up as a ghost. Nice work on that ace.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 91 PES3Paul @ 04/21/14 09:12 PM
PaulBSG is my Steam handle if anybody's interested in competition. It was just 9 holes, that original course. How do I access downloadable courses? ARE there any yet, fantasy or real?

# 92 DiscountCleric @ 04/21/14 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdsvtk
Feel free to add me on Steam gentlemen - B0rkLas3r

I am really bad right now. Played a few rounds yesterday and the game just tore me up. If you can't hit it straight, you're not going to succeed. Also, my biggest gripe is the putting. Not quite getting down the power percentage to the amount of swing.
I hear you. I am such a dreadful putter. I carded a couple double-digit holes on my last 9, all thanks to about six-putting my way up the hill to the hole because any overshot sends it sailing over the hill and down the other side.

Thankfully all that time playing NCAA and Madden have honed my right stick straight swing down to an art form.

There's quite a few downloadable courses (way more than I expected!); you just have to click out of the Official Courses menu into Public Courses on the course selection screen.

DiscountCleric on steam if anyone wants to watch me spend more time putting within a 20 foot radius than I spent getting the 400+ yards to the green in the first place!

# 93 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/21/14 10:42 PM
Rural Hills is almost ready! 18th hole is only one left. After that, I need to make some minor tweaks and play a few rounds before release. Also going to add some trees and decorations to spice it up a little.

It's a tough course. Not meant to be sticking balls right at the pin, it's possible but you gotta make a damn good shot. From what I have played, it's a fun challenging course that can be intimidating.

Excited for you guys to try it. Spent hours on this! Haven't even played a full round on the game cause I'm loving the designer.

# 94 PES3Paul @ 04/22/14 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountCleric
There's quite a few downloadable courses (way more than I expected!); you just have to click out of the Official Courses menu into Public Courses on the course selection screen.
You can play them, but download them? Sorry, I can't seem to find out how to download these courses. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

# 95 ZB9 @ 04/22/14 02:07 AM
Im really looking forward to this. I have both X1 and PS4 and already have powerstar golf on X1 (which I love) and I think im going to get Golf Club on X1 also because of the snap feature. Golf is perfect for snap.

# 96 SinisterAlex @ 04/22/14 02:08 AM
Starting work on the Vancouver National Golf Club. A mix of Augusta with US Open difficulty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

# 97 jrdsvtk @ 04/22/14 07:36 AM
Another slight gripe, that may have been stated before, is the lack of yardage markers or even a "scorecard" type map that shows yardages. There have been numerous times I've overshot a spot and landed in water.

Still loving this game however. Brings a smile to my face every time I shank into the trees and the ball doesn't hit an invisible wall of concrete.

# 98 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/22/14 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
You can play them, but download them? Sorry, I can't seem to find out how to download these courses. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
When you play a course, it stores them in the registry. You can actually see this sd there is a registry key called coursessaved or something of that nature.

Even your created courses are saved via registry.

# 99 Skyboxer @ 04/22/14 10:12 AM
Have my terrain for the most part done and a primary layout.
Not a huge fan of the editor after using the Links and other editors but it is what it is.
Thought I'd like the less complex editor but after a while I miss the complex lol

Anyways I'm starting to get the flow of the course sketched out. To be continued.

# 100 TheBleedingRed21 @ 04/22/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Have my terrain for the most part done and a primary layout.
Not a huge fan of the editor after using the Links and other editors but it is what it is.
Thought I'd like the less complex editor but after a while I miss the complex lol

Anyways I'm starting to get the flow of the course sketched out. To be continued.
I think it's 10000x better. Links was too intimidating for those that didn't figure it out. This one is super simple.

Plus, they said atleast 3 years of work is going into this so maybe they get more advanced options before it's over with.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.