Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

It appears the Madden NFL 15 hype train is getting ready to leave the station with ESPN hinting that the cover vote will be starting soon. Despite what appears to be a more tepid responses to cover votes with time, it appears that EA will go for at least one more this year in order to get some attention on next year's product before the full-press PR cycle hits.

The cover vote is scheduled to begin on May 8, with a release date set for August 26th, check out the full press release below.

Press Release

Today Electronic Arts Inc. announced Madden NFL 15 will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system.

Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game. Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

Are you going to vote in the cover vote? Who would your choice be for the cover if you had the power?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 04/28/14 12:38 PM
I wonder if they'll use the same format where there is like four or five worthy candidates and then like 50+ guys who have no chance.

# 2 ERA @ 04/28/14 12:42 PM
I really hope either Russell Wilson or Cam get the cover..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 3 mestevo @ 04/28/14 01:08 PM
Judging by the silhouette a cheerleader will be rigged to win it all.

# 4 Jakeness23 @ 04/28/14 02:25 PM
Cam Nation!

# 5 mvb34 @ 04/28/14 03:22 PM
Probably be a defensive player

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 6 Madwolf @ 04/28/14 04:22 PM
Well if we go by history you'll see 3 legit contenders, and teams like Carolina will get like Brandon Lafell so no one votes for them.

But who knows, Luke Kuechly is on teaser this year, so may be EA won't completely screw the Panthers for once in the cover vote!

# 7 XXstormmXX @ 04/28/14 07:05 PM
I say skip the vote and just put Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman on the cover.

# 8 Cowboy008 @ 04/28/14 07:11 PM
I don't really care about the cover vote.

# 9 menloe24 @ 04/28/14 09:04 PM
Would love to see Jamal Charles on the cover. The Chiefs have never been on the cover of Madden,

# 10 CyberRudy25 @ 04/28/14 10:10 PM
The cover could be anything. Nobody buys the game because of the cover, Its the onlt friggin Football game. They should Add ESPN Countdown to the game. Improved Online Franchise play. ADD twitter and Facebook and instagram to the game . A radio station to the game for Franchise. Really Connect the game using social media and ESPN. Imagine the game without media. Should have all facet in the game. Newspapers, magazine covers,

# 11 Trick13 @ 04/28/14 10:46 PM
The camera thing scares me a bit - anyone remember the massive stupidity of "break away" cam?

I don't want gimmicky crap no more - player lock is interesting and I know a lot of people here have been asking for that - I hope it is what they were looking for.

Custom or user defined cams to me is where EA should be going with this - but I am hesitant to hope for such a logical and intelligent move...

Count me in the "who cares" department for the cover vote - I had thought that I would try to get a bunch of OSers on board with a vote defense only - but from the announcement it seems defense is a point of emphasis anyway, so now I really don't care...

# 12 Chiefsfan881129 @ 04/28/14 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menloe24
Would love to see Jamal Charles on the cover. The Chiefs have never been on the cover of Madden,
hey there I agree and if people believe in the Madden Curse then let me be the 1st to say

That if there one person who can break the curse for future players who glance future madden covers it's Jamaal Charles..

Guy is one of best rb's in nfl and has all time career ypc Avg of 5.49 ypc which he broke In 2013 surpassing the great Jim Brown..

It's time the Fans give him his dues and it's time to give a chief player his dues just once let a chief glacé the cover of madden nfl football..

Let it be the classiest player in the nfl.. Go chiefs! !

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

# 13 kehlis @ 04/28/14 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
That if there one person who can break the curse for future players who glance future madden covers it's Jamaal Charles..
Every fan of the team with the player on the cover has said that every year.

Until the curse strikes.

# 14 DUDERMAN @ 04/28/14 11:21 PM
Teams represented on the Madden covers:

Titans 2x - M'01 and M'08
Vikings 2x - M'02 and M25 next gen
Lions 2x - M'12 and M25
Rams - M'03
Falcons - M'04
Ravens - M'05
Eagles - M'06
Seahawks - M'07
Packers - M'09 (Should have been the Jets...)
Steelers - M'10
Cardinals - M'10
Saints - M'11
Browns - M'12

Teams never represented on the Madden cover:

49ers
Bears
Bengals
Bills
Broncos
Buccaneers
Chargers
Chiefs
Colts
Cowboys
Dolphins
Giants
Jaguars
Jets (Oh Mr. Favre...)
Panthers
Patriots
Raiders
Redskins
Texans

Let's start getting some new teams on the cover already.

...Except the Cowboys, nobody wants them on the cover.

# 15 XXstormmXX @ 04/29/14 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Every fan of the team with the player on the cover has said that every year.

Until the curse strikes.
Barry Sanders broke the Madden curse since he doesn't play anymore.

# 16 PaulChildres @ 04/29/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
You kiddin' me? This Madden curse thing is legit. I'm sure Barry Sanders was more gimpier walking the year his cover the never before.

# 17 FBall Life @ 05/04/14 11:12 AM
They put so much effort into these cover votes and so little into the actual game. It's maddening...pun intended.

# 18 mestevo @ 05/04/14 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
They put so much effort into these cover votes and so little into the actual game. It's maddening...pun intended.
"They" aren't the same people. The cover vote is done by a marketing company.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 19 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/04/14 01:58 PM
Since their talking about rivals this would've been the perfect year to have 2 players on the cover

Anyway I hope it's either of these 4 players on the cover
Can Newton
Russell Wilson
Earl Thomas
Luke Luke Kuechly

# 20 Iceman87GT @ 05/04/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Eddie George was the first NTSC cover player, and he had a career high in carries, yards, TDs (Rushing and Total), and his team won their division grabbing the #1 seed. The only thing that could possibly be considered a "curse" would be the fact that they lost in the Divisional round (to the eventual SB champ, considered to have one of the best Defenses of all time).

Ray Lewis, had a less than stellar season by his standards, but still an excellent season overall.

Vince Young had no business being on the cover in 08, but if you ignore the TD-INT ratio (9-17 in 2007, vs. 12-13 in 2006) he actually had a better year than he did the year before in pretty much every other category (including record).

Drew Brees posted an 11-5 record, and at the time posted career 2nd bests in Passing TDs, Yards, and Completion percentage and set the career high for completions (which he has since broken). The only negative part about that season was the number of INTs he threw (22).

Peyton Hillis had no business being on the cover of Madden 12, he had one good year under his belt, and won because he was a commodity (a white running back). Aaron Rodgers should have been on the cover but twice had to face white running backs who had no business being in the competition (He barely edged out Danny Woodhead, and then got killed by Peyton Hillis). Peyton Hillis, might have done better if he focused on playing the damn game rather than holding out for money after only 1 season of production, but even then it would have been hard to match the numbers he put up the year before because he was in Cleveland, and he wasn't an elite RB.

And then Calvin Johnson broke the record for Receiving yards for a season, falling just short of the 2000 yard mark he boldly stated he would surpass. Yeah the Lions had a bad season record wise, but I'll chalk that up to them being the Lions long before I'll even consider some "curse".

The curse doesn't exist, this is simply what happens when you play in the NFL (where careers average a length of 3-4 years), the fact that multiple times the curse has been broken by stellar performances (and/or zero injuries), and yet people keep getting hurt should tell you its a product of the brutality of the game not the magic of a cover.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.