Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie and LD2K mentioned last week, during their NBA 2K14 livestream, patch #5 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was close to being submitted to Microsoft and Sony.

Today they revealed the patch has been submitted and we should see it arrive in 10 to 14 days, possibly even sooner.

The patch will address some MyTEAM issues, update shoes and much more (that's all I could get out of them). Patch notes will be released when the patch goes live.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Roxy2300 @ 05/02/14 07:00 PM
2k **** your broken game i've been a customer of your games for years and i find inconsiderate that you guys don't do anything for the people that play 2k14 and have 360 or ps3! My team is broken i just bought about 5 gold plus packs and got 1 player that i didn't want, what happened to the chances of receiving 2 players?!?! I spend all this money just to get Tony Parker who isnt even that much so if i sell him i get barely any VC, you guys shouldn't of made 2k14 for ps3/360 if you weren't going to support it simple as that!

# 42 bumpyface @ 05/03/14 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Nothing of note, how about some actual gameplay tweaks so one can stomach to play several games in a row online.
Preach! Say it again my brotha

# 43 thareezen @ 05/03/14 08:09 PM
would be nice if this patch allows me to change my jersey # in my career smh.

# 44 yungkickz @ 05/04/14 03:09 AM
I'll welcome a new change for the game. I'll especially be grateful a new fix for the countless duplicate cards I've pulled in MyTeam.

@nsfwkickz

# 45 CoachDavid @ 05/06/14 03:45 PM
I hope they fix the button queuing and the crappy scoring and lack of scoring runs. The three point percentage and the bad pass logic. My Career contracts and trade logic... Etc

And just fix the game. Ive play once in the last four weeks and that is a record. Last year I played at least 5 game at 12 min a quarter all the way until 2k14 came out on the 360. Then I got the one and continued until December 26. Now I am able to play but the level of frustration exceeds the level of enjoyment.
Please lower my frustration level.

# 46 LiteB3 @ 05/06/14 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller1974
It should be great to have the possibility to have only 29 games in MyGM mode (instead of 82 games...)

Yes!!!

# 47 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/06/14 10:14 PM
I hope there are some gameplay fixes being that this will be the last patch. 2K please get rid of the animation where your player dribbles between his legs with one hand when standing still. It happens way too often in the game. Why is it that every player does it? That animation should only be assigned to a couple players in the league. I smh every time I see it. If you can't remove it all together can you at least tone it way down? Also, tighten up the foot planting. Still too much sliding into position going on.

# 48 Necrosis @ 05/08/14 01:49 AM
Maybe they'll finally let us skip all those cheesy cut-scenes. They are nice the first time, but doing multiple careers is a drag now.

# 49 jayman504 @ 05/08/14 10:09 AM
and the patch notes are coming when now?

# 50 sooperb @ 05/08/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Dude I was right there with you man...UNTIL the headband comment..lol to be honest "back in the day" players don't care for headbands, shoes, etc. etc. etc...it's about having FUN and honestly control. Playing games like Hoopz and Double Dribble I was always in control where I wanted to go. So I honestly would like better controls that's all
THANK YOU!! There are only 18 of us that seem to care about being able to control the players movements. Headbands,Sneakers,Socks,Tats etc should be the very last things patched. In fact there shouldn't be a need to patch these things because an update should nip it.

If 2K saw that the main issue was not having proper control over the players when they saw the post of most gamers then it would been fixed by now or at least ACKNOWLEDGED. If someone says, "This game is almost perfect and you guys have outdone yourselves but Why cant I change my sock's color and height?" then they will continue to ignore the player movement. It's not even hidden,it's an EVERY GAME OCCURRENCE. I have never heard them speak on it until it's time for the next 2k to release and I always hear ho the control is so smooth.

I can't wait to see what the "and much more" part of the patch is but I will bet it is changing VC payouts, Losers Outs on 2 vs 2, arm sleeves can be used in the park and the lights can turn on in the park at night. The park lighting thing will be enough to hypnotize a lot of you to forget the glaring issues with this game and that is some sad s... .

# 51 nddot @ 05/09/14 02:48 AM
the 2k guys are probably laughing at us like counting their vc money.

# 52 kevin young @ 05/09/14 10:46 AM
What is going on with the patch notes,have they scrapped the whole thing it's been 10 days for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 53 KingTocco @ 05/09/14 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin young
What is going on with the patch notes,have they scrapped the whole thing it's been 10 days for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it does say 10-14 days so...

Also, the patch notes will come out WITH the patch

# 54 SPRINGS03 @ 05/09/14 01:45 PM
I'm so hyped for this patch that won't fix anything that really matters.

# 55 knick9 @ 05/09/14 02:12 PM
If it was anything good they would be hyping the crap out of it.

# 56 ShogunTake @ 05/09/14 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Ronnie2k said on twitter that he expects news or an update any day now.
Apologies if it's already been explained by why the hell can't he just tell us the patch notes himself?

# 57 23 @ 05/09/14 11:08 PM
Thats not why they dont release notes early

# 58 UnbelievablyRAW @ 05/10/14 01:56 PM
They don't release patch notes until the patch is out because if the patch they sent breaks something in the game and they have to fix it, maybe one of the points in the patch notes may have to be removed.

# 59 CoachDavid @ 05/10/14 06:01 PM
I will try playing when the patch is released.... If it does not fix the game. Suck it. I will get live next year, even if it sucks.

People when a company adds in game purchases. They must support the game. This is not a free goodness of my heart patch. Its about money. If people are not playing the game then people are not buying vc.
And if people get burnt after making in game purchases... Well they usually don't make future purchases.

Money.

This game is bad....next gen. And as it stands I don't plan on buying the game or vc...unless this patch performs a miracle

I play rocksmith and buy songs all the time and ubi soft has released patch after patch with new feature after new feature. I will buy the next rocksmith and I will spend money in the game .

# 60 jayman504 @ 05/12/14 08:35 AM
And the patch notes are where now? .....

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.