Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Ronnie and LD2K mentioned last week, during their NBA 2K14 livestream, patch #5 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was close to being submitted to Microsoft and Sony.

Today they revealed the patch has been submitted and we should see it arrive in 10 to 14 days, possibly even sooner.

The patch will address some MyTEAM issues, update shoes and much more (that's all I could get out of them). Patch notes will be released when the patch goes live.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SPRINGS03 @ 05/17/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrSong
Like what was tweeted, it's out of 2K's hands. Best we can do is wait.

I swear, the things said here are downright funny. Been a member of this board when I was 15 and fast forward 10 plus years after, I'm reading the same things!

"Live will have my money next year"

"This is unacceptable for us, consumers"

... and then NBA 2K is STILL the best selling game and will continue to do so because no other basketball video game can match what they have done in the past decade.
True, i especially agree with you about people saying things like "i'm not buying 2k if they don't change" then going out and buying it lol. I feel i'm one of the only people who actually won't give 2k my money each year.

Although as for the whole, no other basketball video game company can match what 2k has done, eh. 2k kinda wins by default. There aren't that many video game basketball sim games, it's not like that market is flooded with competition, kind of a niche category in gaming lmao.

# 122 Lifecns @ 05/17/14 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Nothing for Nothing, the game came out 6months ago and they're still releasing patches. I haven't heard from LIVE or Madden in months! You have to give 2K some credit.
Credit for what? Live actually fixed their game to make it playable, which was two months after it was released.

# 123 theman824 @ 05/18/14 05:00 AM
Hmm. So this patch 5 talk was a hoax i guess...
I'm really feeling stupid for having bought a PS4 and Next Gen NBA 2K14. This is a very sad chapter in gaming history. I have never seen such a broken game and such futile efforts to try and fix it.
Sad. Very sad.

Sent with Tapatalk

# 124 davis420 @ 05/18/14 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
Hmm. So this patch 5 talk was a hoax i guess...
I'm really feeling stupid for having bought a PS4 and Next Gen NBA 2K14. This is a very sad chapter in gaming history. I have never seen such a broken game and such futile efforts to try and fix it.
Sad. Very sad.

Sent with Tapatalk
That's getting carried away. The game is not "broke" There are things I don't like but it's the best basketball game out this year.

# 125 theman824 @ 05/18/14 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
That's getting carried away. The game is not "broke" There are things I don't like but it's the best basketball game out this year.

Ah, a joke, clearly. Funny.

Instead of Association we have MyGM. in MyGM after patch 4 (!!) these things are still not working:

- adding players to trade offers not possible (empty list appears), started in season two

- offering contract extensions not possible (empty list appears although
there are players eligible), started in season two

- when using a persuasive pitch during trade negotiations and somehow
communication with the 2k-server encounters an error, the wrong trade will be
executed (not the one corresponding to the final offer, but always the one
corresponding to the initial offer before you edited it and actually used the pitch.)

- extending staff contracts not working correctly. Often times the morale of the
staff member actually goes up, because you extended the contract, but the
same contract duration is displayed as before, no extension registered

- number of pricing changes doesn't reset at beginning of new season

- sound cuts (reported often)

- missing feature: still player energy not displayed when subbing players in with
the quick sub in feature

- missing feature: in coach menu we should be able to set up the bench

This i call broken. And there's lots more. These are just my favorite blunders.
I haven't even tried MyPlayer yet...

Sent with Tapatalk

# 126 Painkiller1974 @ 05/18/14 11:12 AM
I agree every single word and I would like to add: 82 games for a season !!!

# 127 nddot @ 05/18/14 12:54 PM
oh well...

# 128 hawley088 @ 05/18/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
oh well...

lmao

# 129 jyoung @ 05/18/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
That's getting carried away. The game is not "broke"
In addition to the My GM issues that were mentioned above:

-- Every player in the game who uses a set shot animation has no shot feedback at the top of the screen.

-- There is no shot feedback for anyone in The Park games.

-- Many My Player endorsements do not reward correctly, even after you've met the requirements.

-- Random file corruptions are still wiping out people's My Career and My GM saves. Sadly, there is no way to make your own backup files.

-- The Toronto Raptors' endline logo sign is messed up when playing from the 2K camera.

-- Signature skill slots 4 and 5 do not work for diamond My Team players. This one is particularly funny, considering how frequently 2K markets their diamond card giveaways.

-- Duplicate players are rampant in My Team. Teams can have three Jordans and two LeBrons.

All of that stuff has been there since day one and should have been addressed after 4 patches.

If you want to include online issues and gameplay issues, you could make a list big enough that it would fill this entire thread page.

# 130 SPRINGS03 @ 05/18/14 04:54 PM
Do most of you guys complaining about this patch not being out realize that it's not even focused on anything you've been complaining about? It's mainly about my team and shoes lmao.

# 131 mrchiggs @ 05/18/14 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Do most of you guys complaining about this patch not being out realize that it's not even focused on anything you've been complaining about? It's mainly about my team and shoes lmao.
There's been no talk about all the changes it contains. So how do you know?

# 132 davis420 @ 05/18/14 07:10 PM
If you guys think any of the lists you posted are getting fixed, you should just trade the game in now. MyGM is not going to see a massive update. It will be an update so the shoes are correct and a few "tweaks" and off 'till October.

# 133 theman824 @ 05/18/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
If you guys think any of the lists you posted are getting fixed, you should just trade the game in now. MyGM is not going to see a massive update. It will be an update so the shoes are correct and a few "tweaks" and off 'till October.

If these things are not corrected, this game is the greatest rip-off in human history.
The fact that it will probably not be fixed is no reason we customers should keep our mouths shut.
They released a totally unfinished game, so they should correct it via patch.

The mere thought they instead should wast time on doing something about players shoes (wtf????) is a total and utter insult to me as a customer. I feel like someone who bought a car and was given only four tires. And now - to "correct" things - i'm given some polish for free and i'm supposed to go away.

Sent with Tapatalk

# 134 theman824 @ 05/18/14 08:37 PM
Quote:

You sound like you're ok with this.

Sent with Tapatalk

# 135 Flightwhite24 @ 05/18/14 08:55 PM
Quote:

Did just that. Took it to Target this evening and took advantage of the "Triple Credit" trade in and got $50.52 on a store credit card. Best trade in value for a game I've ever got. Hope next years game is better

Sent from my iPhone

# 136 Phreezy P @ 05/19/14 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

-- The Toronto Raptors' endline logo sign is messed up when playing from the 2K camera.
Its like that IRL. It is only supposed to show up properly from a certain angle.

# 137 iker30 @ 05/19/14 11:00 AM
They had those in soccer too, it's probably made for tv viewers

Quote:
-- Duplicate players are rampant in My Team. Teams can have three Jordans and two LeBrons.
This was supposed to be fixed with this patch, at least Ronnie said something like that on 2k's twitch stream

# 138 Mintsa @ 05/19/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Its like that IRL. It is only supposed to show up properly from a certain angle.
Yup. That raptors baseline logo is only suppose to look correct with that 3d view from the tv broadcast angle. It's suppose to look messed up from different angles. So in short, 2k made it perfectly. It's not wrong.

# 139 DJ_Solis @ 05/19/14 01:45 PM
So should I be expecting this patch soon or just start pretending that they never mentioned it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 140 zizoux @ 05/19/14 03:13 PM
I guess Ms and Sony forgot about the patch

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.