Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The Opening Day version of the MLB 14 The Show Operation Sports Full Minors is ready for release.

As in past years... A LOT of work has gone into creating these rosters by many, many contributors.

I would like to thank each and every one of them IMMENSELY!
Without them all, this task would unlikely come to fruition.
It's a labor of love for all of these guys and I would like to ask anyone that comments in this thread to please be civil (unless you are heaping on praise...then go full bore! )

I'm sure there will be disagreements on player choice, potential and any number of ratings. That's fine and all will be taken into account, but don't degrade the thread with posts that are unbecoming.

I for the most part stay with the editors spirit of how they see their players. There were changes for balance. For the most part, I left potentials unless I felt they were too far out of bounds.

There are roughly 1500 user created players in this set.
All minor league players are edited to be a real player, with all faces done.

The set is mirroring Opening Day as best as possible in lineups and rotations at all levels. There were some cases where a total AAA or AA could not be met, as prospects took precedence.

I don't want to mention any editors in particular, but RidinDwnKingsley must receive a big mention here. The guy is just tremendous in his efforts to get this set out. Big kudos here.
There were many... Visit the chart
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0 to see everyone involved. A lot of guys went above and beyond...

Also note that Willard76, a major contributor is going to take the O.D. set and edit a ton of things (including SCEA players, which are all "stock" on this set) for his release of the Hybrid set (here is the thread, I encourage you to check it out.)

I hope I didn't leave anything out.....

Here is the link to the set.....
OPERATION SPORTS FULL MINORS 2014...
.....LINK....http://www.sendspace.com/file/nark5n

In the Vault: O.S.F.M. 2014 O.D.

To keep this thread clean, please be sure to post your corrections here.

Enjoy and thank you everyone for your patience!!!

First change....
Shawn Hill Toronto...potential to 69...

LINK TO O.S.F.M. OD v2.0

Changes to v.2.0
TOR-Shawn Hill P potential to 69
TOR-Marcus Stroman P OVR to 71
BAL-Kelvin De La Cruz spelling correction
CLE-Added Francisco Mejia C
CHI N-Matt Szczur Audio name corrected
CHI N-Jorge Soler age corrected
BOS-Ryan Roberts Primary position to 3B
NY N-Juan Lagares Primary position to CF
NY N-Kevin Plawecki spelling correction
NY A-Luis Severino P Added
SEA-Ty Kelly potential adjusted
SF-Darren Ford Speed/Baserunning adjusted
NY N-Darrell Ceciliani height/weight corrected
HOU-George Springer OF potential/ratings adjusted
SD-Matt Wisler P potential adjusted
OAK-Matt Olson 1B potential adjusted
Minn-Byron Buxton ratings adjusted
CHI A-Matt Early potential adjusted
SF-Joe Panik ratings adjusted
WAS-Jeff Kobernus # to 26
CLE-Nellie Rodriguez added
CHI A-Dan Black batting stance corrected
CHI A-Andy Wilkins batting stance corrected
CHI A-Carlos Sanchez batting stance corrected
CHI A-Chris Curley batting stance corrected
PIT-Reese McGuire C added
CHI N-Eloy Jimenez added
DET-Matt Crouse P added...Luis Marte to FA
DET-Jose Valdez potential adjusted
DET-Justin Miller imported for face
DET-Nate Robertson imported for face
FA-Duplicate Ross Seaton removed
ARI-Archie Bradley body edit
MIL-Wei-Chung-Wang face updated
MIL-Devin Williams skin color updated
SF-Devin Harris OF added
CHI A-Tim Anderson SS added......Chris Curley SS added to FA
CHI N-Neil Ramirez face edited and ratings adjusted
CHI N-Armando Rivero ratings adjusted
NY N-Audio names corrected
ARI-Audio names corrected
NY A-Harvey Huff SS removed(not real player)
NY A-Aaron Judge primary to RF
CHI A-Tyler Danish P added
PHI-Andrew Knapp C added....Luis Paulino P to FA
MIA-Colby Suggs SP primary to RP
MIA-Jordany Valdspin SS/2B added
BAL-Nick Additon P spelling corrected
BAL-Eddie Gambino P given Knuckleball
PHI-Mario Hollands handedness corrected
CIN-Michael Lorenzen RP primary to SP
COL-Ryan McMahon potential adjusted
CHI N-Minor league level changes
CHI N-Chris Coghlan 1B primary to LF...secondary to 1B
TB-Kean Wong added....Taylor Motter P sent to FA(Taylor Mott)
ATL-Duplicate Josh Elander RF removed
ATL-Victor Reyes LF added
ARI-Evan Marshall RP....sinker added 92 MPH
KC-Brett Tomko edited(face)
SEA-Chris Young SP edited(face)
SEA-Joe Beimel RP edited(face)
SEA-Stefen Romero edited(face)
SEA-Roenis Elias edited(face)
SEA-Corey Simpson added.....Dominic Leone(duplicate) to FA(Dom Leggett)
SD-Joe Wieland created
MIN-Miguel Sano ratings adjusted
VARIOUS-faces edited

M.K.
Knight165

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 DracoAres @ 05/04/14 09:12 PM
AWESOME! Thank you guys for dedicating the time and patience to having these AMAZING rosters every year!

# 182 braves2011 @ 05/04/14 09:14 PM
I have a question... not sure if has been answered before .....

For minor league players that are pitchers and were not an SCEA CAP, how are the pitchers pitches, speed, movement determined???

Just wondering in case I decide to plug in some of MAV and JEEZY pitch edits.. can anyone speak to this?
I was thinking about only making changes to SCEA CAP pitchers ....

Thanks to all for the project... You guys increase the replay value 1000X ....

# 183 tree3five @ 05/04/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes.
That drives me nuts.

M.K.
Knight165
I am sure you already know, but some names are spelled different, however sound the same. Just a heads up when editing them.

Also, is the update coming soon, or will it be a couple weeks?

Thanks for all the work putting this together. I am glad I could help

# 184 seanjeezy @ 05/04/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011

For minor league players that are pitchers and were not an SCEA CAP, how are the pitchers pitches, speed, movement determined???

Just wondering in case I decide to plug in some of MAV and JEEZY pitch edits.. can anyone speak to this?

I only have about 100 minor leaguers on my spreadsheet so if those edits are implemented they will only apply to a small fraction of players. I think most guys do a good job since there is a good bit of information out there nowadays.

# 185 tigsbaseballfan @ 05/04/14 09:26 PM
Knight, you are one of the great Missionaries for the religion of Baseball, before i found the rosters i was a casual fan, now not only i am a huge fan but have learned a great deal about pro baseball from all these posts n rosters, Ivanhoe has also been an awesome resource, got a PS4 because of the Rosters& Game, (now only if the NHL series could allow fans to customize their experience) awesome job to all involved, thanks.

# 186 CWSpalehoseCWS @ 05/04/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves2011

It's hard. Probably the hardest thing to do IMO. First thing I do is look for similar pitchers around their age in the game to see how the game rates them. For example, Chris Beck of the White Sox had been compared to Henderson Alvarez of the Marlins on occasion. They are very similar pitchers as for as how they project. Beck isn't quite as good as Alvarez, but it's good to have a starting point. If you read enough scouting reports you can get a feel for which guys need what ratings and then just go from there. Personally, I find myself constantly changing guys around to better represent their real-life counterparts.

These sites are great tools I use:
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/
http://mlbfarm.com/index.php

# 187 braves2011 @ 05/04/14 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I only have about 100 minor leaguers on my spreadsheet so if those edits are implemented they will only apply to a small fraction of players. I think most guys do a good job since there is a good bit of information out there nowadays.
Thanks Man.
I think I will only make some changes to CAPS .. Thanks!

# 188 braves2011 @ 05/04/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
It's hard. Probably the hardest thing to do IMO. First thing I do is look for similar pitchers around their age in the game to see how the game rates them. For example, Chris Beck of the White Sox had been compared to Henderson Alvarez of the Marlins on occasion. They are very similar pitchers as for as how they project. Beck isn't quite as good as Alvarez, but it's good to have a starting point. If you read enough scouting reports you can get a feel for which guys need what ratings and then just go from there. Personally, I find myself constantly changing guys around to better represent their real-life counterparts.

I am no where near the editor the great folks here at OSFM are ... for me it was more curiosity ...

You will not here any complaints from me for what everyone came up with, I just wasn't sure what the process was for the created minor leaguers as far as individual pitchers go ...

# 189 Knight165 @ 05/04/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I am sure you already know, but some names are spelled different, however sound the same. Just a heads up when editing them.

Also, is the update coming soon, or will it be a couple weeks?

Thanks for all the work putting this together. I am glad I could help
Yep...I'll be careful.

Quote:
I gave Ridin that info....not sure if he got it in ...in time....and it would only be for minor league guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigsbaseballfan
Knight, you are one of the great Missionaries for the religion of Baseball, before i found the rosters i was a casual fan, now not only i am a huge fan but have learned a great deal about pro baseball from all these posts n rosters, Ivanhoe has also been an awesome resource, got a PS4 because of the Rosters& Game, (now only if the NHL series could allow fans to customize their experience) awesome job to all involved, thanks.
Thank you....that's great to hear.
Your first line sounds like Ed Randall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS

Absolutely.....resources are scarce .....fan sites help a lot...but you have to make sure they are good.
Boston has the best of these....dedicated!

M.K.
Knight165

# 190 seanjeezy @ 05/04/14 09:36 PM
Not inputting the MiLB pitch edits isn't a big deal since I will be adding them regardless in the pitch edits set.

# 191 markmac @ 05/04/14 09:57 PM
Thanks Knight, Ridin and all the other contributors!

Need help and haven't found an answer anywhere on OS. Have tried setting up Franchise a ton of different ways, including user control with manual injuries. No matter what the set-up, I CAN DL my own guys, but the CPU never DLs anybody, and I can't put them on DL. Anybody else running into this? Help! I need to get this kink worked out so I can start this awesomeness with all the season-ending injuries.

# 192 eroz @ 05/04/14 10:31 PM
Look, Knight -- you are the man. I am just pointing out that 25 of 28 non-Yankee players from the first round of last year's draft are rated an A or a B.

All three of the Yankees' first round picks are C minuses (Potentials: 73, 72, 70). All three are off to great starts in their pro careers and there is simply no justification for the gap in ratings for any of them, much less all three.

ONE "B" prospect in the entire organization makes it more than a "mess" -- it makes it the worst in the history of OSFM -- which is pretty absurd to suggest.

I know I can edit the players on my own -- but I think it is important for fans to point out matters that don't add up.

# 193 og236 @ 05/04/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroz
Look, Knight -- you are the man. I am just pointing out that 25 of 28 non-Yankee players from the first round of last year's draft are rated an A or a B.

All three of the Yankees' first round picks are C minuses (Potentials: 73, 72, 70). All three are off to great starts in their pro careers and there is simply no justification for the gap in ratings for any of them, much less all three.

ONE "B" prospect in the entire organization makes it more than a "mess" -- it makes it the worst in the history of OSFM -- which is pretty absurd to suggest.

I know I can edit the players on my own -- but I think it is important for fans to point out matters that don't add up.

Personally, as a fellow Yankee fan, I don't believe we have anyone who deserves "A" potential. & our 3 draft picks, are MAYBE B- to B at best in my opinion. No game changers in our system. I do think C- is a little low but I always edit things to my liking, won't be a huge difference. I just thank the crew for their work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 194 N51_rob @ 05/04/14 11:18 PM
Had not been to the OS Home Page today, and it was a pleasant surprise to see that V1 had been released. Thanks guys! Just DLed them and started an Orioles Franchise in anticipation of carting it over to PS4 on Tuesday. Really appreciate all the hard work that went into this project.

# 195 twinsfan34 @ 05/04/14 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroz

Browsing through the rosters...most teams had at most 2-3 'A' Prospect potential. Maybe people were thinking a little higher?

One thing to consider though...is that an '89' is a 'B' prospect potential. And of the grades I saw, many "C's" were 79...not 70.

I haven't done any sims yet...and I figure I'll have to run 5 or more before I play with the ratings that much - but then I figure it's where you can see if say, Miguel Sano (96 potential, 67 ovr, 68 power rating) actually get to where he should be. Zips, etc figures he could hit 30+ HR this year. He's age 20...so what's a reasonable rating for him? For his power? Stuff like that.

Buxton is another...he's been pegged by every major publication as a 70/75 grade hitter. But he's not ready yet for MLB...so how do you get a guy who's probably ready/able to hit .285 or higher come June 2015? He'd need at least 80 contact ratings to settle in that area.

I don't know if there's answers for these...just pointing out trying to figure out the medium so they land there.

Pitching is even harder. As pitching velocity changes...so you want to pitch with Louis Giolito...his 4-seamer is at 94 mph now at age 19...in The Show...he's not going to be in the bigs for 3+ years...he CAN throw 100 already...maybe they should have put his velocity at 100 mph already?

Same with speed guys...you can't just give a guy 91 speed rating at age 22...he'll be a 94 in 2 years or higher.

I wish the raw ratings (pitch speed, arm strength, foot speed, etc) wouldn't change much...maybe a a point or two here and there.

# 196 seanjeezy @ 05/04/14 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
stuff
I know its not a true fix per say, but manual training is the way to go if you want to see huge jumps in a single rating. If you solely train Buxton's contact, it will jump around 10 points in a single year.

Its possible on auto, but the AI loves its generic skillsets and confining players to a specific mold. If a player is lacking in a specific area that has value to the player's position, that area will be focused on more.

The last couple of years I've strayed away from the whole "years away" thing and rated the Mariners prospects based on their current ability. I figured it to be more fun this way since it felt like I had more control over how I wanted my prospects to develop. The end results are pretty much identical though, but its pretty fun to play with guys who have a few MLB ready skills already.

# 197 CaseIH @ 05/05/14 12:08 AM
Have to say I think you guys overall did maybe the best job ever on these rosters as thats saying alot considering how great they are every year.

Having editable potential had to be blessing for you guys this year, I know I love thats its finally editable, that any QC is the reason why I went ahead and got the game this year, cause I was pretty happy with continuing to play 13.

I really think all the editors this year did a outstanding job with there potentials. I always felt in years past there were a few to many A prospects, but this year its all looks impressive with only a few A prospects, which Im sure has some to do with editable potential.

Of course not everyone will always agree on a players rating or potential, but the great thing is if you dont like it you can change it yourself, so I dont know why some find it necessary to complain about it, especially this year of all years with editable potential.

Again Thank You Knight and everyone involved in doing the rosters, they are great

# 198 Bobhead @ 05/05/14 12:22 AM
Do you have a list (whether thorough or quick) of all, if any, edits made to pre-existing, SCEA-made players?

Just because I like to take this and make my own cursory edits across the majors for my own franchise.

I know you usually don't even do player edits in the first release but I swear I saw in that other OSFM thread that you said you would be editing a few players this year.

# 199 cultbuscus @ 05/05/14 12:35 AM
Quote:
Not inputting the MiLB pitch edits isn't a big deal since I will be adding them regardless in the pitch edits set.
Don't mean to be a bother, but any idea when that is going to come out?

# 200 seanjeezy @ 05/05/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultbuscus
Don't mean to be a bother, but any idea when that is going to come out?
I'll be posting updates in the pitch edits thread, don't have a specific date yet but late May/early June is what I'm shooting for.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.