Home
FIFA 14 News Post

The much anticipated update to FIFA Soccer 14, bringing World Cup Kick-Off Mode to the game, has gone live as of this morning.

As posted on the EA Forums:

Quote:
"UPDATE – Friday 30 May, noon UK.

All FIFA 14 players on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC are currently being prompted to download an update. This is in preparation for FUT World Cup, which we are aiming to launch later today, UK time.

World Cup Kick Off mode is now live and available to download for Xbox One and PS4.

Please follow @EASPORTSFIFA and we’ll provide another status update on FUT World Cup today by 7pm UK time."

Have you gotten the update yet?

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 MarcBITW @ 05/30/14 10:48 AM
Got the offline mode, got error getting the online mode

+ all WC kits fully licence
+ WC ad boards

- no tournament mode through
- cant change stadium

# 2 MarcBITW @ 05/30/14 10:51 AM
would love to get more stadiums

# 3 Murph @ 05/30/14 11:22 AM
Playing a Friendly in Kick off mode. EA decided to override Klinsman's decision and keep Donavan on the roster.

# 4 GR5Noles @ 05/30/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
Playing a Friendly in Kick off mode. EA decided to override Klinsman's decision and keep Donavan on the roster.
well, that's unfortunate

# 5 kamackeris76 @ 05/30/14 12:15 PM
Yes do you know if we are going to get the accurate 23 man squads? As an example no Henderson in England squad and injured players like Walcott are in ....not good ea

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 6 Aceito @ 05/30/14 12:16 PM
Eddie Johnson is on the squad as well.

# 7 erkizzlemynizzle @ 05/30/14 12:24 PM
Just tried to play. What is the point of this we can't play the actual World Cup tournament??

# 8 gurkis19 @ 05/30/14 12:37 PM
Boots are all messed up. Any Way to fix it??? All i have bought in FC Catalogue is gone. I hate u EA. Can't release single working thing without messing up something..

# 9 halo1427 @ 05/30/14 01:03 PM
I immediately made the roster changes during team management for USA - no Donovan for this guy. Beasley is still a "LM", but also listed as a LWB. I actually didn't check to see if Green or Yedlin were on the bench. Seems like the gameplay is different than Fifa 14 PS4 for the better. Still makes no sense there isn't a tourney mode. I assume they want everyone to pay for that on FUT. (even though its not live/working yet) ARGH.

# 10 BL8001 @ 05/30/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkis19
Boots are all messed up. Any Way to fix it??? All i have bought in FC Catalogue is gone. I hate u EA. Can't release single working thing without messing up something..
Oh no. Please no no no...I bought a bunch of boots in the catalog last night in hopes of fixing up the WC squads. Now I see you can't edit them and now I see you saying it takes items out of your catalog.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. I don't remember any version of fifa messing up more than fifa 14. Fut not working, gifting issues, no gameplay fixes, no tourney mode on NG, it just goes on and on.

The tourney thing is baffling because fut has the format in both the WC content and in prior normal fut tourneys. So just copy and paste the code ea.

And if they are worried about pissing off CG customers who bought fifa WC, then just add the tourney as paid DLC. $15???

And this really is cut right out of CG WC, I was Costa Rica vs Greece and winning and the commentators were talking about how Costa Rica caught lightning in a bottle and if we could keep this form we could make history being one of the smaller countries to make it into the knockout phase.

Umm..no, we are just Costa Ricans playing an exhibition mode game vs Greece in a Brazilian stadium...

# 11 Eyeman79 @ 05/30/14 01:13 PM
Sorry, this is just window dressing. I would have gladly paid for a legit WC tournament. Could care less about this content.

# 12 Chronic Narnia @ 05/30/14 02:41 PM
so are you guys saying the tournament mode is online only, i.e. can't play against cpu?

# 13 Ermolli @ 05/30/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic Narnia
so are you guys saying the tournament mode is online only, i.e. can't play against cpu?
I believe you can but only on their World Cup Ultimate Team.

# 14 Chronic Narnia @ 05/30/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I believe you can but only on their World Cup Ultimate Team.
so what's the difference then?

# 15 Ermolli @ 05/30/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
so what's the difference then?
That maybe if you select USA you could have Xavi on your team in that mode.

# 16 BQ32 @ 05/30/14 03:07 PM
I can only play offline, how do you play online?

# 17 Ermolli @ 05/30/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I can only play offline, how do you play online?
By playing their World Cup Ultimate Team mode.

# 18 Chronic Narnia @ 05/30/14 03:14 PM
well now i'm confused...the tournament mode with all 32 teams is only with FUT rosters, and not the real rosters?

# 19 Ermolli @ 05/30/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
well now i'm confused...the tournament mode with all 32 teams is only with FUT rosters, and not the real rosters?
Yes and no. You pick a nation (for example Uruguay), you'll open a free pack with players from the different world cup nations and then you can play the World Cup against the world cup nations with their rosters, the only team with FUT rosters is yours.

# 20 BROman @ 05/30/14 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Yes and no. You pick a nation (for example Uruguay), you'll open a free pack with players from the different world cup nations and then you can play the World Cup against the world cup nations with their rosters, the only team with FUT rosters is yours.
So to play a WC tourney on the PS$/XB1, you'll have to spend coins or real $ to unlock enough packs to create a real WC roster. EA's gonna get their $.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.