Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The coverman for Madden NFL 15 is now down to Cam Newton vs. Richard Sherman after both won their semifinal contests over Andrew Luck and Colin Kaepernick respectively.

Both Cam Newton and Richard Sherman were #1 overall seeds in the Madden bracket. It's interesting to note that Sherman is a defensive player who could land on the cover in the year the game has what is believed to be a heavy focus on the defensive side of the ball.

You can vote in the finals of the Madden NFL 15 cover vote here.

Who do you have in the finals?

Press Release

Defense Takes on Offense for the Ultimate Prize

Two juggernauts are set to battle in the final round of the Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote as Seattle Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman matches up with Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. We’ve reached the home-stretch, and this is the last chance for fans to visit ESPN.com/maddenvote and make their choice for this year’s cover athlete. They can also show their support on social media by using the hashtag #MaddenCover.

Sherman and Newton enter the finals as the top seeds from their respective sides of the bracket, conquering some stiff competition along the way. Sherman triumphed over NFC West rival Colin Kaepernick in the semi-finals, while Cam Newton overcame a strong challenge by Andrew Luck. Both Newton and Sherman will appear in a special segment during the 6 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter on Friday, June 6 at LA LIVE Plaza where the overall winner will be announced. The final pairing carries special significance as the Seahawks and Panthers will meet in Carolina on October 26, and while one player will stand triumphant, the other will be looking for retribution.

Madden NFL 15 allows players to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new NFL Films inspired presentation and it’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mauer4MVP @ 05/31/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Point goes to you. I was bound to miss one.

Still, the Panthers are pretty underrepresented...
What Panther would you have even put on the cover? If you say someone like Peppers, then you can't just say the Panthers are underrepresented because there have only been 2 defensive players on covers.

Steve Smith? Very good wide receiver, not cover worthy imo.

I personally want Newton, but he is the first cover worthy Panter (not including defensive players).

# 22 Mauer4MVP @ 05/31/14 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
I say it is rigged for Sherman to win (the bracket was overall weak)

1. Luke Kuechly a Linebacker stars in the first trailer.
2. From the first bit of info given they tout a bunch of defensive improvements.
3. The Seahawks and their Defense dominate the Super Bowl
4. Sherman is very popular in the media

I glad Sherman is going to win even if it is rigged. Maybe this means we will finally get WR/DB interactions.
I really doubt it. Sherman has his critics, but he just as equally has his big supporters.

It's no surprise Sherman beat Kaepernick by so much. Kaepernick is much more disliked, Sherman is the best corner in the game, and it was all about defense last year (which is also what the media has been preaching).

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/31/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
I think the voting was a sham! I would like the build up to the game to be more interactive but it just seems dull and a big secret? Maybe we get another pre-rendered video at E3 and then maybe some gameplay the night b4 the game drops? Sad.
Oh course it is fixed. Madden 15 game play is based around Defense this year. Having a QB on the cover and the game based on D would be kind of say weird. lol But at least Cam did make it to the finales. But I whether Cam not be on the cover any way. Just in cause the curse is real. If you know what I mean. Vote for Sherman everyone. So Sherman can enjoy a year off.

# 24 Gronk4M13 @ 05/31/14 07:58 PM
I bet Sherman will win especially if Madden 15 is supposed to have revamped defense.

# 25 oneamongthefence @ 06/01/14 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The Oilers and Titans are the same organization. That's kind of a technicality. But just for you I found Warren Moon on the cover of a game.

Nobody talks about the quarterback club curse. None of the players on the cover are even in the league anymore.

# 26 adriano @ 06/01/14 02:42 PM
I think EA controls the winner..

Madden 25 revamped the Running game. Barry and AP were the
Cover boys. Coincidence?

This years the trailer has Luke Kuechly and is touting the defense..
Hmmmmm.. The Finalist are a QB and a Defender.. I say
Sherman wins. Which makes me wonder what they have in
store for us gameplay wise. EA always has an angle on these
covers.. If the theme this year is defense it only makes sense
to have their cover boy be on defense..

# 27 CaliDude916 @ 06/01/14 03:28 PM
These cover votes are so rigged, it's hilarious. I'm all for putting Sherman on the cover, though.

# 28 kjcheezhead @ 06/01/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Nobody talks about the quarterback club curse. None of the players on the cover are even in the league anymore.
I don't care about curses or covers. I was only responding to someone who said the Oilers never made the cover of an nfl game.

But of course no one's heard of a qb club curse. Hardly any gamers left have ever played it. The game died with all the rest of them 10 years ago. There wasn't even a madden curse back then either.

# 29 XXstormmXX @ 06/01/14 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
These cover votes are so rigged, it's hilarious. I'm all for putting Sherman on the cover, though.
You're a Niners fan who wants Sherman on the cover? But he ended the 49ers season!

# 30 kehlis @ 06/01/14 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
It would be so easy to do and it wouldn't surprise me but I always go back to Peyton Hillis.

Why would they rig it so he was on the cover?

# 31 coogrfan @ 06/02/14 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
As a 49er fan I fully support the madden curse, I mean Sherman for the cover.
As a non-Niners fan who simply doesn't like Richard Sherman, I concur.

# 32 cookjn @ 06/02/14 11:24 AM
Since the game's focus this year appears to be on defense, a defensive player should be on the cover. It would have been nice if they had given us a larger selection of defensive players on the bracket.

# 33 XXstormmXX @ 06/02/14 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
maybe that was to throw us off the trail that the covers are actually rigged?
No they started rigging it to keep players like him off the cover.

# 34 therealsmallville @ 06/02/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
You're a Niners fan who wants Sherman on the cover? But he ended the 49ers season!
Actually, the dude who intercepted the ball is the one who ended the Niners season.

# 35 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/02/14 04:37 PM
Pulling for Cam since he came in 2nd to Megatron for the cover not all that long ago.

# 36 TripleCrown9 @ 06/02/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Actually, the dude who intercepted the ball is the one who ended the Niners season.

# 37 Haze88 @ 06/03/14 10:43 PM
Considering Kuechly was in the trailer I'm shocked he isn't in this. I don't want either on the cover since I like both and yes the curse is still real to me dammit

# 38 MajorSupreme @ 06/04/14 11:28 AM
You know what would be cool? Giving us a voice to suggest features and upgrades for the game instead what sapp is put on the cover.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 39 therealsmallville @ 06/04/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
That's cute. Sherman undoubtably made an excellent play, but without the interception that causes change of possession, it's just another tip. But it doesn't surprise me that Sherman is the only guy to get any credit on the play (or that he didn't give any credit during his postgame child tantrum). Same thing happened a few years ago in the wild card playoffs when Tebow's Broncos beat Pittsburgh. Tebow completes a pass, the WR stiff arms & fights his way down over half the field, and Tebow was given all the credit for the "miraculous overtime win". The interception doesn't happen without Sherman's tip, but without the interception then Sherman just gets a stat for finally making a play in that game. Oh well.

Getting back on topic, with the focus on defense this year I think they should have had only defensive players up for vote. Maybe top 2 from each position or something. I think Sherman vs Willis would be a more interesting matchup.

# 40 adriano @ 06/08/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It would be so easy to do and it wouldn't surprise me but I always go back to Peyton Hillis.

Why would they rig it so he was on the cover?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...e=hruby/110426

Hillis was up against Micheal Vick..EA was not going to let
this happen, no way..

PETA would have a field day. Vick had no shot to win.

On a side note I like the Movie JFK..

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.