Home
NHL 15 News Post

The first NHL 15 screenshot was released today featuring the San Jose Sharks' Joe Thornton and Scott Hannan.

The company is offering two different deals for customers who pre-order the game. For those who pre-order through Gamestop, you will get $24 in Hockey Ultimate Team content, or 24 HUT Gold Packs. If you pre-order from other retailers, you get $15 in HUT content, or 15 gold packs. Each deal will net gamers one gold pack per week until their deal expires.

What do you think?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Turbojugend @ 06/02/14 01:41 PM
The detail is incredible. Unfortunately the face looks nothing like Thornton, but I guess you can't have it all.

# 2 Pezell04x @ 06/02/14 01:45 PM
Meh.

+ Equipment looks great. Jersey looks pretty spot on, gloves look to be authentic to the player. Marks on the pants are a great touch.
+ Lighting looks great.

- EA still needs a ton of work on faces.
- Coyotes fans wearing old Winnipeg uniforms. Come on now, stop that.
- Face paint.

# 3 Pezell04x @ 06/02/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarstar11
Overall, it looks promising. The only thing that bugs me is the fact that Jets fans are attending a Sharks/Coyotes game. And the two women in the center of the screenshot are doing the same exact thing. But despite that, this looks interesting.
Well the old Jets uniforms are tied to the Coyotes because they moved from Winnipeg and for some reason EA won't remove them.

# 4 drog1602 @ 06/02/14 02:14 PM
Lol, I love how they keep pushing HUT down our throats!

Next gen and still the players faces look wrong.

# 5 Garism @ 06/02/14 02:15 PM
Loving the diversity of the crowd.

But $70 for the game.. even for ps3/360. That's tough considering it'll be 14.5 for them.

As much as Gamestop/EB look like its the best deal, unforunately gotta go with Bestbuy/Futureshop for their yearly E3 sales.

# 6 CaliDude916 @ 06/02/14 02:17 PM
Looks great. I need to go pre-order this today.

# 7 Trevelyan @ 06/02/14 02:26 PM
I hate that I have to wait another few months for this game. Brutal.

# 8 @legendm0de @ 06/02/14 02:28 PM
Looking on par for the game I want, no screenshots from a sports title has impressed me this much since NBA 2K14.

# 9 asu666 @ 06/02/14 02:38 PM
I think I'm going to be playing a lot of NHL 15.

# 10 SVCbearcat10 @ 06/02/14 02:42 PM
Looks great, especially for it's first iteration on next-gen hardware. A lot of people complain about faces, but I'm not sure how quickly developers will be able to get them to these people's almost unrealistic expectation.

NBA2k seems to be the standard, but they have by far the fewest number of players in the game. NHL, MLB, and NHL have, at a minimum, double the players that need to be active during a game. In order for games to run smoothly, you have to forgo some of that detail. So comparing NBA graphics to NHL is like comparing apples and oranges, whereas the only commonality is that they are both fruit.

I think it will take a few years until developers can fit all this detail into games without sacrificing framerate. In the meantime, there are so many gameplay enhancements that can. and will be made. I expect this to be by far the best NHL to date even though it won't be perfect.

# 11 Cardot @ 06/02/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Lol, I love how they keep pushing HUT down our throats!
Yeah, for those of us who don't get into HUT, not much incentive for those pre-order deals.

# 12 Money99 @ 06/02/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
Loving the diversity of the crowd.

But $70 for the game.. even for ps3/360. That's tough considering it'll be 14.5 for them.

As much as Gamestop/EB look like its the best deal, unforunately gotta go with Bestbuy/Futureshop for their yearly E3 sales.
Agreed.
That's why if I buy NHL15 it'll be for next-gen. I hope there's a bundle for a decent price by the time this game drops.

# 13 drog1602 @ 06/02/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Looks fine, and maybe I'm blind but that looks like Thorton to me. Crowd looks nice too. Bring on gameplay videos.

Shesh even QQ about preorder bonuses. OS never ceases to amaze me anymore.
You may want to get those eyes tested

# 14 NHL_PS3_Awesome @ 06/02/14 03:20 PM
What's up with that guy in the back ground with his hair? Lmao? But the graphics are like blowing me away

# 15 Money99 @ 06/02/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL_PS3_Awesome
What's up with that guy in the back ground with his hair? Lmao? But the graphics are like blowing me away
Yeah, they look really good.
The issue is that most people play the game from a far greater distance so you won't really notice those fine details.
And if during the cut-scenes if players are still wrong-handed it takes away from the authenticity of the game.

I hope that everything is real-time in NHL15 and I really hope (as far as presentation goes) we FINALLY get back group celebrations.

# 16 Fiddy @ 06/02/14 03:25 PM
looks nothing like Jumbo Joe.. so much for next gen eh?

i mean really. if you are releasing the 1st screen shot of next gen, why not have it be of a guy who you have the face in the game for. good grief!

# 17 veguss2001 @ 06/02/14 03:26 PM
I haven't played a hockey game in years but, wow that looks good.

# 18 spidertour02 @ 06/02/14 03:57 PM
I'll wait to see it in motion. It's far to easy to BS a screenshot, as we saw with Madden 25.

# 19 Braeden @ 06/02/14 04:21 PM
The crowd looks pretty good. But facepaint?

You never see people wearing facepaint at games other than kids.

# 20 Vanman2425 @ 06/02/14 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden
The crowd looks pretty good. But facepaint?

You never see people wearing facepaint at games other than kids.
David Puddy would disagree. Gotta support the team.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.