Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 461 TheVinylHippo @ 06/08/14 02:16 PM
I wouldn't get discouraged or write-off purchasing the game entirely. The demo has only been out for a few days, and we'll all have a whole year and then some to figured out the controls. I'm still having problems with the clinch and takedown (countering the takedowns and transitions in the clinch, specifically) games myself, but I feel like I'll progress enough to feel comfortable with them with time. Plus, it's just the demo. I'm sure things will be easier to figure out in the retail version, since I'm assuming the tutorials will be more in-depth.

# 462 DaveDQ @ 06/08/14 02:29 PM
Don't forget to check the in game manual and videos EA has on YouTube.

# 463 TheVinylHippo @ 06/08/14 02:35 PM
Yeah, I've been watching the clinch offense/defense videos for the last couple of minutes. That's what I've been having the most trouble with. I want to put everything at my disposal to good use.

Man, putting all this stuff to memory is going to take time.

# 464 Swamp Swagger @ 06/08/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Don't forget to check the in game manual and videos EA has on YouTube.

Ya checked out the videos they actually are pretty informative. The main thing is just trying to remember it all while the fight is actually going on

# 465 DaveDQ @ 06/08/14 02:48 PM
Definitely. It takes time. You need Mr. Miyagi to get you trained for the moment. Sand the floor!

# 466 Swamp Swagger @ 06/08/14 03:10 PM
Got my first submission! Man feels good to get one especially when Madskillz is doing them like nothing lol

# 467 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Got my first submission! Man feels good to get one especially when Madskillz is doing them like nothing lol
Yeah I found them to be easier to pull off rotating the stick towards the direction the screen tells you to go, instead of releasing the stick and pressing the stick into the new direction.

# 468 Swamp Swagger @ 06/08/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah I found them to be easier to pull off rotating the stick towards the direction the screen tells you to go, instead of releasing the stick and pressing the stick into the new direction.

I'll try that

I almost wish you could make the submission circle smaller. It's kinda hard to keep a eye on all sides. Practice, practice I guess

# 469 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/08/14 04:25 PM
Can someone explain a portion of the submission game to me? I've watched the EA YouTube numerous times. Says hold R1 and push RS in a direction for different subs. Ive tried this from numerous positions including full mount and north/south. Its only once I hold R1 and rotate the RS that a submission is attempted. Not understanding what Im missing here.
Its comical btw that I gas after three strikes as Jones while Gus throws 12 combo flurries

# 470 smace767 @ 06/08/14 05:28 PM
I was not feeling the game on Tue until wed afternoon. It was a most likely a no buy. Then on Wed thru Fri it became a buy and trade for something else after i played it. But From Fri to now i see a lot more in this game then on Tue.

I played Fight Night Champion from release until this March. I hope to get some mileage out of this game too. FNC had wild shifts in game play with each patch. When they finally got some balance most of the people had moved on. But even earlier this year you could still get fights online.

Once you get the controls and think, this game has depth. Fighting a human is gonna be off the chain. The submissions system sucked a$$ and take downs too until you figure it out and you are like amped up after you choke a guy out. Im to the point now if Gus takes me down when im Jones its lights out. Its harder with Jones because of the ratings favor him being harder to submit but it just takes some softening up to get the tap out.

Each fighter in the demo has different move sets and that requires different timing and distance. You can feel some of the special abilities kick in once you know what they are. When you think about creating your fighter and developing his attacks. I can NOW see how some of the game plans can play out. With the different ways to plan. Ground attack, ground defense, stand up attack, stand up defense, submission attack, submission defense. There is a lot of strategy to mix and match.

# 471 Swamp Swagger @ 06/08/14 05:43 PM
Speaking of online what do you think is gonna be abused the most or hardest thing to defense against?

Never played any of them online besides the very first one. And mainly it was everybody picked the best guy over and over

# 472 cdk10 @ 06/08/14 05:50 PM
Just got my first win by sub.

Kimura in the 2nd

# 473 aholbert32 @ 06/08/14 05:53 PM
Quote:
You think there is a more detailed tutorial in the retail game? Or am I just dumb for not understanding all it as of yet

The game will have a practice mode that helps you learn the moves through drills.

# 474 DaveDQ @ 06/08/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Speaking of online what do you think is gonna be abused the most or hardest thing to defense against?

Never played any of them online besides the very first one. And mainly it was everybody picked the best guy over and over

I think the abuse will first come with guys trying to use the modified strikes to get the KO. But it looks like that can be defended against. I don't see many trying to sub. It's rather hard to pull off.

But I think that most will look for a heavy hitter and try and go that route.

# 475 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/14 06:24 PM
Quote:

Super man punch and round house kicks. Both are way over powered and easy to KO somebody with, especially on a counter. Got quite a few KO's within the 1st 20 seconds of the fight just from spamming those 2 moves.

I also can see power slams being abused too because they are pretty easy to pull off and causes a decent amount of damaged.

And finally, thai clinch up against the cage. If people don't block the knees, you can KO somebody after 4 or 5 knees.

# 476 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Can someone explain a portion of the submission game to me? I've watched the EA YouTube numerous times. Says hold R1 and push RS in a direction for different subs. Ive tried this from numerous positions including full mount and north/south. Its only once I hold R1 and rotate the RS that a submission is attempted. Not understanding what Im missing here.
Its comical btw that I gas after three strikes as Jones while Gus throws 12 combo flurries
You rotate not push. Rotate to the left for 1 type of sub, rotate to the right for a different kind of sub.

# 477 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I think the abuse will first come with guys trying to use the modified strikes to get the KO. But it looks like that can be defended against. I don't see many trying to sub. It's rather hard to pull off.

But I think that most will look for a heavy hitter and try and go that route.
Yeah I can see the following used the most online:

Heavyweight

Dos Santos
Overeem
Roy Nelson

Light Heavyweight

Gustafsson
Jon Jones
Chuck Liddell
Dan Henderson

Middleweight

Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Robbie Lawler

Welterweight

GSP
Robbie Lawler
Johnny Hendricks

Lightweight

Bruce Lee
Anthony Pettis

Featherweight

Bruce Lee
Jose Aldo

Bantamweight

Bruce Lee

Flyweight and women division probably won't get much love online since nobody in those 2 divisions really have KO power that an average person can spam strikes with.

And like you said, I am pretty sure people will quit as soon as a fight goes to the ground. I mean hell people were doing that in the last 3 UFC games and their submission system weren't even hard.

# 478 SwedishTouch76 @ 06/08/14 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You rotate not push. Rotate to the left for 1 type of sub, rotate to the right for a different kind of sub.
thats not what they have posted on YouTube. Ill watch again to make sure i didnt misunderstand but they distinctly say R1 plus push RS in one of 4 directions. Then R1 plus rotate. Ill go watch again....

# 479 GameplayDevUFC @ 06/08/14 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
thats not what they have posted on YouTube. Ill watch again to make sure i didnt misunderstand but they distinctly say R1 plus push RS in one of 4 directions. Then R1 plus rotate. Ill go watch again....
R1, RS in one of four directions, and the rotate to initiate. The direction initiates the attempt, the rotation completes the attempt. The attempt can be denial during the phase as well. A very similar mechanic to passing. Once the submission is initiated the mini game starts.

# 480 DaveDQ @ 06/08/14 07:27 PM
I just hope the dev team gives respect to stamina with online play. But the power straight in FNC was never resolved for online play. All they had to do was punish a guy for throwing multiple haymakers.

If thee is no consequence for spamming power punches/kicks, online will be a mess.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.