Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

The EA Sports UFC demo is available now for Xbox One (queue it up here), it weighs in at 2.7GB. If you are up for it, you can also download from your PS4 by creating a European account, then downloading from this link.

UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS4 users in North America. Search for EA Sports UFC in the PlayStation Store or click here to queue it up.

The demo includes light heavyweight champ Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Alex “The Mauler” Gustafsson in a three round fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada. The difficulty is set to normal with a walkthrough tutorial included.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 581 Bronk_Bonin @ 06/11/14 06:46 PM
So what are the game mode options? Career mode (TUF) and exhibition? Does this installment not have the ability to create fight cards and play vs. the CPU?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 582 Bronk_Bonin @ 06/11/14 06:46 PM
Also, will there be a Prima like game guide detailing each fighter?

# 583 aholbert32 @ 06/11/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpizzle28
GamePlayDev,

Can you change weight classes in the Career mode like in UFC 3? That was actually pretty fun to do.

He can't answer career mode questions.

# 584 aholbert32 @ 06/11/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
So what are the game mode options? Career mode (TUF) and exhibition? Does this installment not have the ability to create fight cards and play vs. the CPU?

Career, fight now and online. No fight card option.

# 585 Bronk_Bonin @ 06/11/14 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Thanks for your reply.

Pretty bummed about that omission. Nothing better than setting up your own fight card and playing out 7-8 fights for a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 586 DaveDQ @ 06/11/14 07:12 PM
I trust that it will be fun. I give EA gripe about things but I played FNC just about 3 years and had fun with that.

# 587 Battle4MY @ 06/11/14 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
This is beautiful, and the timing is perfect. Someone on reddit was complaining that showtime kicks were unstoppable. I'm going to refer him to your video. Thanks!
Great! I'm getting much better at telegraphing most of the "power moves" (RB and LB modifiers)

# 588 vpizzle28 @ 06/11/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
He can't answer career mode questions.
Thanks! If you hear anything about that please let me know.

# 589 Bronk_Bonin @ 06/11/14 07:26 PM
Couple game play questions from the demo?

1. Can you sway to dodge punches on the ground when your fully mounted or in any other defensive position or guard? I can only block my head and turtle up.

2. How do you get your opponent to the cage in the clinch or reverse them to the cage when they have you pinned up against it?

3. How do I prevent the CPU from reversing me on the ground? Seems to be happening to me too often? How do I reverse them?

4. How can you tell when the CPU is attempting a submission or just trying to advance position? I find myself holding R2 and either left/right to block their advancement and get caught in sub attempts.

5. How do you perform offensive moves off the cage ex. Showtime kick, superman punch?

# 590 aholbert32 @ 06/11/14 08:44 PM
FYI, I should have the game by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

# 591 jeremym480 @ 06/11/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
Nice!

At least then we'll know how may CAF slots there are... I'm not sure why it's such a secret in the first place, but the silence has been making me nervous.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

# 592 rafaelpaolo84 @ 06/11/14 09:22 PM
^ Wow, enjoy the hell of it man!

# 593 rafaelpaolo84 @ 06/11/14 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
OK, our gameplay producer just got back from vacation today so I was able to talk to him about all things stamina.

One interesting tidbit that I wasn't aware of was that permanent stamina and permanent damage (yes there is such a thing) are tuned for a real time 5 minute round, not an accelerated clock. The reason is because we currently don't have a modifier on the tuning for real time vs. accelerated clock. So it had to be tuned for the worst case scenario, which is a full 5 minute round.

I cannot comment on anything about the future of the project, so don't ask me if this can be patched or tuned because I won't be able to answer.

I just thought this information would be of interest to you.
I'm all for real time clock, in a perfect world I would always take it over accelerated clock. But for me this depends again on cpu aggressiveness and if it can yield realistic/acceptable enough results in terms of pacing and strike output. We'll have to wait and see. This is good news though for player vs. player match-ups who prefer real time.

# 594 rafaelpaolo84 @ 06/11/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Couple game play questions from the demo?

1. Can you sway to dodge punches on the ground when your fully mounted or in any other defensive position or guard? I can only block my head and turtle up.

2. How do you get your opponent to the cage in the clinch or reverse them to the cage when they have you pinned up against it?

3. How do I prevent the CPU from reversing me on the ground? Seems to be happening to me too often? How do I reverse them?

4. How can you tell when the CPU is attempting a submission or just trying to advance position? I find myself holding R2 and either left/right to block their advancement and get caught in sub attempts.

5. How do you perform offensive moves off the cage ex. Showtime kick, superman punch?

1. As far as I know, you can't. Depending on certain ground positions though you can push/hold the RS left or right and your fighter tilts or shifts his body/torso/head accordingly, but this actually is just the starting animation of a ground transition (which you complete by rotating the stick). I don't know if the game recognizes this as a sway or dodge, and if you can actually make punches miss or lessen the damage if timed correctly.

EDIT: You know what, I think you actually can sway and dodge. I was just playing, using Jones at the bottom full guard position. Gus was postured up and raining down punches, I was holding block (RS) and pushing the RS left and right, and Jones seemed like he was swaying/dodging left and right. I wish I had a second controller to fully test this out.

2. Just push them towards the cage while engaged in the clinch. It's not as easy to do as in THQ or EA MMA, but it is there. To reverse against the cage, hold L1 and rotate the RS left+up or right+up. Not once in all my attempts have I successfully done it though. I'm sure it depends on the type of clinch hold that you are engaged in.

3. I would like some clarity on this as well. I'm not sure if there is an actual "reversal" mechanic in the game; I think there is none. In the controller map, it is mentioned as "sweep", and you perform it the same way you perform skilled transitions, with L1 held. And you defend it the same way you defend transitions/passes. I'm not sure what other factors are involved. Hopefully someone or GameplayDevUFC can shed more light on this.

4. By simply looking at what he's doing. I've gotten used to recognizing passes or advancing positions, but still sometimes get caught off-guard in sub-attempts and stand-up attempts. The more you play the game and the more you get used to all the different animations, the better you'll be at recognizing it.

5. It's contextual - the game recognizes when you're in the proper position relative to your opponent, then a regular superman punch will be a superman punch off the cage. Not sure what the input is for a showtime kick or knee off the cage.

# 595 TheVinylHippo @ 06/11/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
He can't answer any career mode questions.
Yeah, I misread his post on that subject. My apologies.

There is a statement I wanted to make about the career mode, though:

I'm not looking for a cheesy, scripted story in a game like NBA 2K14, but I'm hoping there's some level of personalization with the career mode. Things like Goldberg and Rogan talking about your first fight in the UFC and your promise in the company after TUF, or talking about your first title defense and what to expect going forward. For me, it's the little things like that which will really keep me interested and invested in a career mode and not feel like they're glorified exhibition matches.

# 596 dazzelle @ 06/12/14 01:25 AM
Quote:
That's disappointing, can we use roster fighters in career mode or anyway to make it like a season mode where fights count. So there's noway to set up 4-5 fights and play them all, each fight we have to go back to the menu.
I don't play online and not sure just playing exhibition matches will hold my interest.
Might wait and see what we can do with career mode.

# 597 rafaelpaolo84 @ 06/12/14 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
That's disappointing, can we use roster fighters in career mode or anyway to make it like a season mode where fights count. So there's noway to set up 4-5 fights and play them all, each fight we have to go back to the menu.
I don't play online and not sure just playing exhibition matches will hold my interest.
Might wait and see what we can do with career mode.
As far as I know, you can only use created fighters or Bruce Lee in career mode.

# 598 The JareBear @ 06/12/14 10:08 AM
Quote:
Awesome, looking forward to your opinions

# 599 rafaelpaolo84 @ 06/12/14 12:35 PM
I'm baffled as to why there is no sprawl (from defending takedowns) in this game.

# 600 fballturkey @ 06/12/14 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
As far as I know, you can only use created fighters or Bruce Lee in career mode.
Wait, has this been confirmed? Because that's really really bad if true, but I'm 90% sure it isn't true.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.