Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

With EA Sports releasing their first official Madden NFL 15 screenshot earlier this evening, we have posted this image comparing it to Madden NFL 25. The top image was captured from a PS4.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 @marcusjiles @ 06/05/14 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
*Now departing. Hype Train now boarding. Hype Train is now boarding.*

Im in first class. WEEEEEE!!! The yearly annual hype train. I aint gettin left at the station. Im buying this!

Best game ever!!! WEEEEEEE! lol
Wait, it was departing, now it's boarding??

WEEEEE!!!

# 22 Dbrentonbuck @ 06/05/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Obviously I can't tell people what to believe. But I trust MMChrisS. And if he says he has confirmation its in-game then I believe him.
I trust that the information Chris has is that these are in game shots too. I am not even saying they aren't. But I think the point is, the initial shots from last year were technically "captured gameplay" too. How it was "captured gameplay" when the actually game clearly looked much different than that, I don't know. All I know is, I am not falling for that again. I will wait until I see actual footage of a game in progress, not replay footage that can be edited to look way better than a real game, before I make my mind up.

# 23 CaliDude916 @ 06/05/14 12:11 AM
THIS is what next-gen is supposed to look like! Very impressive.

# 24 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I trust that the information Chris has is that these are in game shots too. I am not even saying they aren't. But I think the point is, the initial shots from last year were technically "captured gameplay" too. How it was "captured gameplay" when the actually game clearly looked much different than that, I don't know. All I know is, I am not falling for that again. I will wait until I see actual footage of a game in progress, not replay footage that can be edited to look way better than a real game, before I make my mind up.
Fair enough man.

# 25 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/05/14 12:22 AM
Wow EA! I'm speechless! Now this is what Next Gen is supposed to look like! Now just give me SIGNATURE RUNNING ANIMATIONS / BALL CARRYING STYLES, BETTER TACKLING, MORE CATCH ANIMATIONS, & CUSTOM GAMEPLAY CAMERA & I'm good!

# 26 KANE699 @ 06/05/14 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
That would be being a realist.

Good news for you then, that is from gameplay.

# 27 schnaidt1 @ 06/05/14 12:23 AM
yea...basically...I trust mmchris as well...but...where is he getting his info from??? ea! who showed us in game footage last year that we never got as far as graphics when game came out. now if mmschris has a beta version of the game an can prove so....ill believe it. but until then u have to assume he is being told and fed info from ea....which shouldnt mean a thing to anyone on here anymore. ea bends the truth to pump up the hype train. every year!!

u might as well trust infro from chris broussard and his "sources" lol

# 28 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
yea...basically...I trust mmchris as well...but...where is he getting his info from??? ea! who showed us in game footage last year that we never got as far as graphics when game came out. now if mmschris has a beta version of the game an can prove so....ill believe it. but until then u have to assume he is being told and fed info from ea....which shouldnt mean a thing to anyone on here anymore. ea bends the truth to pump up the hype train. every year!!

I don't blame people for not trusting EA, but I can tell you that he has seen more than just that screenshot.

This isn't directed at you, but I find it a little funny that so many people will trust random Youtube sources about a 2K comeback, but won't trust the editor of OS.

# 29 MajorSupreme @ 06/05/14 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1

Chris has no reason to make such a statement unless it is true. I can't say I've seen him do or say anything and make it a bold and blunt statement and it not be true. I trust him, and I believe he says is true. PVarck is absolutely right when it comes to the Youtube statement as well. HipHopGamer can spin whatever tell he wants and people's mouths begin to water. But, the word of an executive editor of a very well respected site and community is a farcry. Your opinion is your and I respect it, but I heavily disagre.

# 30 kehlis @ 06/05/14 12:30 AM
If this is from real gameplay why is the focus of CK so sharp and the players in the background so blurry? I want to believe, so if there is a realistic reason why those in the background would look 10x worse than the player in focus please tell me what I'm missing.

Can anyone look at that picture and really say they don't think CK has been edited compared to the lineman in the background?

# 31 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If this is from real gameplay why is the focus of CK so sharp and the players in the background so blurry? I want to believe, so if there is a realistic reason why those in the background would look 10x worse than the player in focus please tell me what I'm missing.

Can anyone look at that picture and really say they don't think CK has been edited compared to the lineman in the background?
I think its some serious depth of field being used to show off Kapernick better. I also think the shot is probably touched up a little, but I do think its gameplay.

# 32 roadman @ 06/05/14 12:34 AM
I couldn't tell anyone for sure or not, but I really feel EA wanted to focus on the tattoos, so, whatever they did to focus or enhance the tattoos, the background is blurry.

That's my best guess.

# 33 johnnyg713 @ 06/05/14 12:38 AM
Quote:

I believe the screen is probably touched up but is for the most part legit. However it is odd that the lineman don't look nearly as good as kaepernick. Focus or not, they all seem to look the same.

# 34 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Why is one better than the other? Why is OS more holy than YouTube? I'm sure there are guys on YouTube who put in just as much gaming journalist wise as editors of any gaming site. They just use a different media outlet.
Who do the people who started the 2K rumors work for? I honestly don't know much about simfootballcritic or whatever his name is. But I do know someone like hiphopgamer is not a reliable source. MMChrisS works for OS and when he states something it has credibility.

# 35 ggsimmonds @ 06/05/14 12:46 AM
I do not think it is too far fetched that this image is taken from in game. Compare this shot to NBA 2k and MLB The Show. Basically I think this image is what next gen is supposed to look like, last year EA pooped the bed graphically.

Having said that purty graphics mean nothing to me if they have not sufficiently improved gameplay, number one need being WR/DB/Ball interaction

# 36 DJ @ 06/05/14 12:49 AM
Arm tattoos! The uniform and helmet colors are a lot better and shoulder pads look more realistic. Likely gameplay footage that has been touched up. EA isn't the only company to do this. M25 was a good step in the right direction and I'm excited to see what 15 brings to the table.

# 37 MajorSupreme @ 06/05/14 12:49 AM
Quote:
Don't know. There have been plenty of rumors started from all over the internet. I'm not trying to argue with you bc I really don't care, just don't like the whole holier than thou thing.
And not really "holier than thou," as it is a credible source that has been proven credible before hand as to someone is not. But this thread is about the screenshot, so we should stick to it.

# 38 Aggies7 @ 06/05/14 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Have seen several shots we're releasing next week, this is a legit shot (for those doubting its an actual in-game shot).

I am hoping along with the screens releasing next week, there will also be gameplay footage from E3 floating around.

# 39 PVarck31 @ 06/05/14 12:55 AM
Quote:
Don't know. There have been plenty of rumors started from all over the internet. I'm not trying to argue with you bc I really don't care, just don't like the whole holier than thou thing.
Not sure why you think I'm being holier than thou. I think I'm being factual.

There have been unfounded rumors being spewed for years about a 2K comeback by many supposed "legit sources" and people jump on it like its gospel. Then a respected member of the gaming media says something and people act like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Sounds like people just believing what they want to and not considering the sources.

# 40 TripleCrown9 @ 06/05/14 12:55 AM
Quote:

They went in to replay and messed with the depth of field.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.