Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

From SportsGamerShow on YouTube, here is one of our first looks at Madden NFL 15 in action.

What do you all see?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ajblithe20 @ 06/11/14 05:09 PM
I like the improvements, and the game looks pretty good. Definitely getting this (I need a football game), and I'm hoping they do get everyone's faces in, or at least all the Eagles. Nick Foles' face looked terrible last year

# 62 strawberryshortcake @ 06/11/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman5769
LOL I swear if you havent purchased the game since 08 wth are you still doing around?
I think a lot of those that haven't bought Madden who are still around simply wants to see if improvements, whether minor or major has been made. Nothing wrong with that.

Side Note: When people say they're getting the game regardless because they need a football fix, sounds more like they need the latest football offering, not that they need a football game because there are plenty of old football games that'll give them the fix. They simply want the shine-niest thing out come football season.

# 63 KyrieIrving @ 06/11/14 05:24 PM
Definitely improved gameplay, graphics and presentation. The only bad part is the sliding by L.James but i guess they will improve that....player models look really good and much like the Madden 25 next gen trailer

# 64 ajblithe20 @ 06/11/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I think a lot of those that haven't bought Madden who are still around simply wants to see if improvements, whether minor or major has been made. Nothing wrong with that.

Side Note: When people say they're getting the game regardless because they need a football fix, sounds more like they need the latest football offering, not that they need a football game because there are plenty of old football games that'll give them the fix. They simply want the shine-niest thing out come football season.
Personally, I need the most updated football game, and I only play PS4 now. I like keeping my sports games as realistic as possible, so updated rosters and accurate schedules are a must.

# 65 apollon42 @ 06/11/14 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I like the improvements, and the game looks pretty good. Definitely getting this (I need a football game), and I'm hoping they do get everyone's faces in, or at least all the Eagles. Nick Foles' face looked terrible last year
I hope they get Lesean McCoys face in, he's looked terrible.

# 66 Cole_Love @ 06/11/14 05:46 PM
So, is the open field tackling still horrible and also when is the Connected Franchise news coming out?

# 67 strawberryshortcake @ 06/11/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Personally, I need the most updated football game, and I only play PS4 now. I like keeping my sports games as realistic as possible, so updated rosters and accurate schedules are a must.
That's definitely understandable considering there are roster updates for past sports game iterations. So would the assumption be correct that after the NFL season concludes, you would put Madden aside to collect dust considering no one really knows the following season's schedule and player rosters?

If in fact you did purchase Madden 25 for the PS4, how did you approach the offline franchise mode? Or are you simply an online gamer or a combination of both? Or do you simply play one game per week to mirror what happens during the NFL season? Do you trade in the previous version of Madden? Serious questions, just curious.

What happens when you get into year 5 or year 10 in your Madden franchise? How do you keep up with the "accuracies" because literally 1 year after you start your Madden franchise everything (schedule, rosters, etc.) is literally made up?

Simply put, how do you approach the off season for football video games?

# 68 friscob @ 06/11/14 06:05 PM
The visuals and presentation look much better. Really didn't notice any gameplay differences whether that be with coverage, pass rush, or defenders getting off blocks. Hopefully they include a nice group of sliders that actually work in 15

# 69 Cowboy008 @ 06/11/14 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman5769
LOL I swear if you havent purchased the game since 08 wth are you still doing around?
I bought 13 but skipped 25 since I didn't feel like they improved a lot. I like what I have seen and read so I will probably be picking this one up.

# 70 mr_president @ 06/11/14 07:08 PM
Not impressed with the early game play vid..hope it improves

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

# 71 wordtobigbird @ 06/11/14 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I bought 13 but skipped 25 since I didn't feel like they improved a lot. I like what I have seen and read so I will probably be picking this one up.
So.. you didn't play M25?

# 72 majestic @ 06/11/14 07:17 PM
As many have said, the lighting and graphics look great; the animations, mediocre.

I hope the developers understand that in football --- where the game is by necessity played from a wide camera angle so the players are relatively small on screen --- realistic animations actually contribute much more to a sense of realism than realistic graphics do. The fine graphic detail looks great on replays (and screenshots), but as a player you spend 90% of your time in a wide view where you can't even see it. In actual gameplay view, the animations are way more important.

# 73 wordtobigbird @ 06/11/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic
As many have said, the lighting and graphics look great; the animations, mediocre.

I hope the developers understand that in football --- where the game is by necessity played from a wide camera angle so the players are relatively small on screen --- realistic animations actually contribute much more to a sense of realism than realistic graphics do. The fine graphic detail looks great on replays (and screenshots), but as a player you spend 90% of your time in a wide view where you can't even see it. In actual gameplay view, the animations are way more important.
You are right but they have a zoomed in camera.

# 74 Hoops737 @ 06/11/14 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The graphics look good and I'm excited to see more. Skipped 25 so I will probably be picking this up.

Same. 1st time in 15 years I skipped a Madden. Haven't even played 25 so I'm pretty excited.

# 75 Exile04 @ 06/11/14 07:43 PM
I dont knwo if its been talked about but after watching that video about mid way they showed the giants in zone coverage and my biggest issue with this is not the break of the DB but the depth of the LB's in coverage. why the MLB drops 10yards is beyond me. He shouldn't need to move more then 7 yards that will stop the easy across the middle throws that has plagued this game.

Maybe im wrong but that jsut doesn't make sense.

# 76 SeaNNyT @ 06/11/14 08:14 PM
I get the feeling they will never fix a lot of these legacy animations that just look horrible.

The day they do that, and actual footplanting, momentum, and all around better physics, is the day this game is worth buying again.

I just can't stand the way it moves.

# 77 strawberryshortcake @ 06/11/14 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic

You know what I hope though. I hope that Madden allows the user to control whether they want to retain the zoomed in or out-zoomed look during actual gameplay.

Instead of zooming out so much during a passing sequence, how about either programming the left/right trigger or shoulder button to either scan to the right or left side of the screen, in a sense mimicking the quarterback scanning the left or right side of the field instead of a vision cone of sort. Or double tapping both trigger/shoulder button to zoom out equally. Something along the lines of this. If part of gen 4 is about more intensive graphics, the default view should be a camera close to the field of action. But definitely not the Backbreaker view.

I want to remain immersed in the action on the field.

# 78 SageInfinite @ 06/11/14 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I get the feeling they will never fix a lot of these legacy animations that just look horrible.

The day they do that, and actual footplanting, momentum, and all around better physics, is the day this game is worth buying again.

I just can't stand the way it moves.
That previous dev team is mainly the reason why the animations are so horrid.

I remember Ian Cummings making a thread asking if we'd prefer longer realistic animations or shorter choppy animations that gave better control, I can't remember what the majority went with, but it's obvious what they chose. We've been paying for it ever since.......

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.