Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

While NBA 2K14 featured the voice of LeBron James, all of the other voices came from voice acting talent. NBA 2K15 will change that, as it will feature many more real NBA player voices with full scripts and roles to play in MyCAREER.

2K Sports has been tweeting many pictures from various NBA players in their studios, including the cover athlete himself Kevin Durant. Other confirmed players include Thaddeus Young, Al Jefferson, Gerald Wallace, Andre Drummond, Channing Frye, Brandon Knight, Al Horford, Trey Burke, Brook Lopez, Andre Iguodala, Udonis Haslem and Paul George.

Expect many more to be revealed soon, possibly in the 2K Sports livestream today at 3:00pm - 5:00pm PDT.

UPDATE: Nothing new was revealed in the 2K stream.

Your thoughts?

Source: DanteExum Youtube

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 victorkingchamp @ 06/27/14 12:54 PM
i honesty was hoping they would go in a different direction and get rid of the cheesy myplayer cutscenes. I would rather they just take out the corny voice acting, make the whole thing text based and use the resources elsewhere. The voice acting is so bad that it actually made the experience worse for me.

If it's used for halftime interviews that would be a plus though.

# 22 The 24th Letter @ 06/27/14 12:58 PM
You know it's bad when Steve has to say that, lol

This really does nothing for me personality though, not my mode of choice. I would love it if players recorded quips for in game use though....calling for picks, yelling...imagine hearing Dwight Howard's "ayyyyyyye" after contact...

Would add so much immersion.

# 23 VDusen04 @ 06/27/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This really does nothing for me personality though, not my mode of choice. I would love it if players recorded quips for in game use though....calling for picks, yelling...imagine hearing Dwight Howard's "ayyyyyyye" after contact...

Would add so much immersion.
Agreed. I struggle to believe it is possible to yield enough dialogue from each player to make it sound realistic in MyPlayer mode (especially with the aforementioned corny scripts). It seems like a losing battle.

However, if they used voice capture for the little things, like what you mentioned, I think that'd be a wonderful "Little Things" touch.

Hearing Chris Paul's voice settling the offense by yelling, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Two!" = Realistic & welcomed addition.

Seeing Dante Exum alone on a basketball court with my player saying something like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the internet Twitter feed lately. That's pretty neat. Now I want to show you how we play ball Aussie style. After you watch me make a dunk shot, maybe you can have my signature skill" = Kinda embarrassing.

Hopefully they're aiming for a happy medium there.

# 24 El_Poopador @ 06/27/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Agreed. I struggle to believe it is possible to yield enough dialogue from each player to make it sound realistic in MyPlayer mode (especially with the aforementioned corny scripts). It seems like a losing battle.

However, if they used voice capture for the little things, like what you mentioned, I think that'd be a wonderful "Little Things" touch.

Hearing Chris Paul's voice settling the offense by yelling, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Two!" = Realistic & welcomed addition.

Seeing Dante Exum alone on a basketball court with my player saying something like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the internet Twitter feed lately. That's pretty neat. Now I want to show you how we play ball Aussie style. After you watch me make a dunk shot, maybe you can have my signature skill" = Kinda embarrassing.

Hopefully they're aiming for a happy medium there.
I think the line would be more like, "Hey man, I see you trending on the Social Media feed lately." They never used specific names like Twitter or Facebook, which really made it sound even worse.

Personally, I'm not too big on the cutscenes the way they were implemented in 2k14. There is potential, but they need to make it more realistic. The ones where your teammate asks you to go to the practice gym, or watch game film, were fine. In fact, I would like to see that happen more often, and be the primary way of increasing attributes over VC. But telling me to wear a clown nose or carry his bags? No thanks. Especially when the guy telling me to do that is a bench warmer who gets less than 5 minutes per game.

# 25 Phreezy P @ 06/27/14 01:26 PM
If they fix player voices, they better fix those rim sounds. 90% of them are horrible.

# 26 AshamanCarnage @ 06/27/14 01:30 PM
Some real Negative Nancies in here.

I like the idea of real player voices and hope they are able to implement them in a non cringe-worthy manner. I liked the concept of MyCareer and hope they can raise the bar with it.

I sincerely doubt that they all had a meeting and decided the only thing they wanted to do to improve 2K was add player voices

# 27 cake612 @ 06/27/14 01:37 PM
Ugh, the unskippable "conversations" were the worst part of the game and I stopped playing my player since it was driving me crazy.

# 28 kadzier @ 06/27/14 01:44 PM
I'm all for voice acting, but please have it attached to a somewhat realistic, believable story that doesn't try too hard and go all B-movie fantasy basketball on us. I don't wanna be making bets with Thaddeus Young (or anyone else) before a game at halfcourt.

# 29 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/27/14 01:51 PM
Cool but there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be addressed..

# 30 Steve_OS @ 06/27/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Cool but there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be addressed..
Read post #6.

# 31 thedream2k13 @ 06/27/14 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
This happens every year. The first little bit of information comes out and people act like 2k isn't changing anything this year.

2K is always slow with information regarding NBA. I've been following the series long enough to know that the real info doesnt usually drop until mid july the earliest. Typically august amd september are the months for the important feautures and additions, trailers, and gameplay videos.
Legacy issues = what needs to be changed/fixed never is

# 32 JBulls @ 06/27/14 02:40 PM
Anybody else think that this will just make MyCareer a lot cheesier than it already is? Oh man, cringe-worthy "Days of Our Lives" lines incoming.

# 33 The__Answ3r_i3 @ 06/27/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
Anybody else think that this will just make MyCareer a lot cheesier than it already is? Oh man, cringe-worthy "Days of Our Lives" lines incoming.
Nobody forcing you to play it man plenty of other modes.

# 34 brahmagoul @ 06/27/14 03:00 PM
I think apprehension is warranted for this reason: although more info will come, this gives off the vibe MyPlayer/Career is their No. 1 priority. Until 2K comes out and addresses items that go away from that bad feelings of last year, we have every reason to be skeptical and critical. Right now I'm under the assumption this will be a VC driven game without a franchise mode I enjoyed in previous years. That's my ONLY concern.

# 35 m1ke_nyc @ 06/27/14 03:01 PM
So we are getting a scripted mycareer mode again huh

# 36 The 24th Letter @ 06/27/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

Id even love to hear Rondo's squeaky voice yelling at guys to get in their spots as the game goes on, lol

# 37 DieHardYankee26 @ 06/27/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The__Answ3r_i3
Nobody forcing you to play it man plenty of other modes.
Not in 2k14 lol

# 38 Dr. Banner @ 06/27/14 03:39 PM
Don't really care. I've never been a fan of my career. Fix association.

# 39 Swipe7 @ 06/27/14 03:58 PM
Also, I hope that your player will be able to do halftime interviews too instead of just these corny *** interview questions at the end of some games

# 40 Gramps91 @ 06/27/14 04:41 PM
Sounds cool but I'm still holding out until I hear CPU VS CPU in MyGm Mode and 30 team control

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.