Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 AmericasTeam @ 07/01/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm looking forward to the day where threads with 18 pages worth of posts that actually have to do with the topic.
Exactly! Every thread in this forum is identical. We should create one thread and sticky it for everyone to piss and moan in. If you enter another thread and get off topic, it's an automatic ban.

Now, back on topic!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 142 KBLover @ 07/01/14 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Exactly! Every thread in this forum is identical. We should create one thread and sticky it for everyone to piss and moan in. If you enter another thread and get off topic, it's an automatic ban.
If the mods don't mind the direction the thread is going in - evidently it's not breaking any rules or warranting any action.

And, technically, this post is as off topic as the posts you feel are a tangent to the topic. This thread isn't about off-topic posts after all

# 143 AmericasTeam @ 07/01/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If the mods don't mind the direction the thread is going in - evidently it's not breaking any rules or warranting any action.

And, technically, this post is as off topic as the posts you feel are a tangent to the topic. This thread isn't about off-topic posts after all
I see huge improvement in many areas from 25. Still a lot of work to be done, but like the direction the game is going.

Guess you missed my sarcasm there with............. Now, back on topic!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 144 GQVikesFan @ 07/01/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
What is amazing, sad, and unacceptable is that the "other" game actually had animated jerseys that gave the illusion of there being jersey physics. 7 years ago.....STILL not and never have been in Madden. Hell you could even see the rain bouncing off the players helmets 7 years ago, and the actual real players with their real equipment on the sidelines, instead of African American Andy Luck with zero equipment and high socks.

Not only did the rain just bounce off of the helmets, but the rain would actually "splash" off of the players while they were getting tackled. Pretty amazing detail for a game that came out 7 years ago.

# 145 MajorSupreme @ 07/01/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQVikesFan
Not only did the rain just bounce off of the helmets, but the rain would actually "splash" off of the players while they were getting tackled. Pretty amazing detail for a game that came out 7 years ago.
Someone brought this up a while ago, but we should get together on OS and send EA Tiburon The Show and APF 2K8 as a "gift" lol.

# 146 roadman @ 07/01/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Someone brought this up a while ago, but we should get together on OS and send EA Tiburon The Show and APF 2K8 as a "gift" lol.
When Ian was Creative Director, the office had 2k and The Show running all day long.

# 147 FBall Life @ 07/01/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
and the actual real players with their real equipment on the sidelines, instead of African American Andy Luck with zero equipment and high socks.
Living worlds!!!

It's crazy how huge of a step back this was from the previous generation. At least on PS3 you had multiple skin tones and faces, even if they still weren't accurate. In 25, every single model is exactly the same. Face, skin tone, body size, poses... LOOK AT IT LOL

# 148 wolfkid10 @ 07/01/14 03:27 PM
I thought the video was pretty good aside from the game speed but they will have a slider for that.

# 149 FBall Life @ 07/01/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
When Ian was Creative Director, the office had 2k and The Show running all day long.
So they said...

# 150 roadman @ 07/01/14 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
So they said...
Ah, no, after the OS members came back from CD, ie Bezo, LBz, TheWatcher, etc......
told us that, so, that's that.

# 151 FBall Life @ 07/01/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ah, no, after the OS members came back from CD, ie Bezo, LBz, TheWatcher, etc......
told us that, so, that's that.
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

... Although they still could have just had that stuff on during CD...and then turned it off when everyone left.

# 152 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
You do know Kolbe L is working for the Madden team right?

# 153 CBoller1331 @ 07/01/14 03:49 PM
I've been hearing a lot of things about pass INaccuracy. I really like this and I think it could lead to some more realistic gameplay. I just hope these bad passes aren't wildly inaccurate like they where in previous games. I would like to see passes that just miss the mark rather than ones that sail 20 yards over everybody's head. These are professional QBs; when they miss, it won't be by much (unless your Tim Tebow).

I'd also like to see the best QBs throw more passes where either their guy is going to make a play, or it's going to fall incomplete. If I make a bad decision and throw to a covered receiver with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, they will be smart enough to throw it where only there receiver will get it. But if I make the same throw with a rookie QB, he will try to force it and give it a chance to be picked off

# 154 roadman @ 07/01/14 03:57 PM
Quote:

... Although they still could have just had that stuff on during CD...and then turned it off when everyone left.
Who knows?

Maybe your right and Ian and company lied to the whole bunch and just had it for show and tell.

# 155 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/14 04:03 PM
Quote:

Dude you are way too skeptical and critical about things, not everyone is dishonest and crooked.

# 156 FBall Life @ 07/01/14 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Dude you are way too skeptical and critical about things, not everyone is dishonest and crooked.
You and I are on opposite ends. You eat up everything they tell you and take it to heart. Blind faith. My view on EA is based solely on their track record.

BTW, are you telling me that a corporation wouldn't try and paint a rosey picture for the CD guys, in turn to deliver the sim community good news? You really don't know PR. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility, such as how you're completely dismissing the notion.

# 157 MajorSupreme @ 07/01/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You do know Kolbe L is working for the Madden team right?
Yeah, last time I checked he was working on ultimate team. Nothing that has to do with on the field play. How about some relevance to the topic next time.

# 158 KBLover @ 07/01/14 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Pass inaccuracy: EA's solution: ship the game with the QBA slider default at 4. Don't laugh, I could seriously see EA doing this. We saw them do it in 13 with the catch slider to remedy an issue with dropped passes! Funniest thing I ever saw, but totally an EA move.

Or set "50" to be like a "4" of earlier years.

After all, half of sliders is governing event chances that drive the animations (or vice versa, depending on the slider and the event).

I mean, low enough and S/M/DAC really DID matter. It's just at default that it was hard to tell a difference.

# 159 kehlis @ 07/01/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Yeah, last time I checked he was working on ultimate team. Nothing that has to do with on the field play. How about some relevance to the topic next time.
He was being relevant to the conversation. You are the one that suggested sending a copy of the Show to them, how is it not relevant to make sure you are aware that a former dev from the show is now working on Madden.

They certainly don't need a copy of the Show.

# 160 MajorSupreme @ 07/01/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
He was being relevant to the conversation. You are the one that suggested sending a copy of the Show to them, how is it not relevant to make sure you are aware that a former dev from the show is now working on Madden.

They certainly don't need a copy of the Show.
I believe I've been misunderstood, the topic I was discussing is the lack of actual "living worlds" in Madden that was succeeded by The Show and APF (7 years ago). He mentioned the former Show developer on the Madden team who works with UT, when gameplay and living worlds was the current topic. I apologize if I was out of line, just my 2 cents.
EDIT: A replication of The Show's and SCEA's ability to implement would not be bad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.