Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

FanSided has posted an interview with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer, Sean O’Brien where he hints that a demo could come sooner than expected. How much sooner? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Without officially confirming it, O’Brien did hint that a demo for the game will be coming sooner than average demos are released. In most cases, a demo for a game is released two weeks prior to a game’s official launch. With NBA Live 15, it appears as if the company is pushing to get a demo out a bit sooner than that.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 King_B_Mack @ 07/23/14 10:24 AM
Quote:
Without officially confirming it, O’Brien did hint that a demo for the game will be coming sooner than average demos are released. In most cases, a demo for a game is released two weeks prior to a game’s official launch. With NBA Live 15, it appears as if the company is pushing to get a demo out a bit sooner than that.
Biggest takeaway from this useless article. Good to see they're trying to get a demo out. Smart move.

# 2 loosey101 @ 07/23/14 11:10 AM
Yeah and hopefully at the beginning of September.

# 3 Flightwhite24 @ 07/23/14 12:46 PM
In a strange way it seems he's prepping us for another average/below average game that will cost $60.

If you know the game is a work in progress and it's going to be a few years why not drop the price? I'm sure it would improve sales. Just my .2

Sent from my iPhone

# 4 WTF @ 07/23/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
In a strange way it seems he's prepping us for another average/below average game that will cost $60.

If you know the game is a work in progress and it's going to be a few years why not drop the price? I'm sure it would improve sales. Just my .2

Sent from my iPhone
I'd agree that it seems he's saying it's still going to be a work in progress (what game isn't), but I am taking away that he wants people to give it a try to see the gameplay. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'm a gameplay guy, so if the gameplay is on point, that's what I'll be playing. I think from the news yesterday, and then again today, reiterating that the gameplay is the focus saying "it'll exceed expectations" has me a little more excited from this article.

Thus far though, I feel like with the information being provided, these 3 "articles" could have been written in 4 paragraphs, tops. Not 3 articles. One article, condensed to fit the key points in.

At this point, there's no need to rehash last year. Talk about this game, moving forward.

# 5 King_B_Mack @ 07/23/14 01:37 PM
They said the same thing last year WTF. But if you wanna ride that hope, I won't rain on you. Just saying man, "we want people to just try it themselves, they'll be pleasantly surprised" is the exact same thing they said about the game that is now "just wasn't good"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 Retropyro @ 07/23/14 02:44 PM
Pull a 2K, sell the game for $20 - $30 for the next two years.

# 7 Gramps91 @ 07/23/14 02:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

# 8 WTF @ 07/23/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
They said the same thing last year WTF. But if you wanna ride that hope, I won't rain on you. Just saying man, "we want people to just try it themselves, they'll be pleasantly surprised" is the exact same thing they said about the game that is now "just wasn't good"

Difference is, I enjoyed most of the game last year. I still play it to this day. The control, a lot of the AI, coaching strategies are really well done.

The animations, graphics, some AI are the areas that needed the most improvements for me. If they focus and get it playing with excellent user control (no canimations), improve the defense, mid range game, and off ball movement, I'll be happy.

So my point of me being happy is based on the fact that they are focusing on where I personally want them to. I'm selfish, lol.

# 9 snc237 @ 07/23/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Pull a 2K, sell the game for $20 - $30 for the next two years.
Can't do that anymore. Both company's need to sell there games at the same price point (it's under the league contract) unless ea went digital only. Then they could have a lower price.

# 10 Bowinkle08 @ 07/23/14 03:46 PM
**** a demo, this game needs a beta

# 11 Ermolli @ 07/23/14 04:17 PM
With what I've read in the article I hope they'll be releasing a beta. By "We’ve got a lot of plans around trial, and how we can get a lot of people a hands on trial of the game" I don't think he's referring to a demo, why would there be lots of plans for just a demo?

# 12 nick_sr @ 07/23/14 04:50 PM
3 year plan. Stop the complaining. Don't expect Much from gameplay wise because it seems they devoted the majority of resources to graphics

# 13 Vic Viper @ 07/23/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
**** a demo, this game needs a beta

There will never be beta testing for NBA Live. It's not that popular of a game and it wouldn't warrant such a thing because of the low number of people who actually play the game. It's a nice idea nonetheless.

# 14 loosey101 @ 07/23/14 05:18 PM
I'm fine as long as the graphics look good an they add in smoother animations and a trade block for UT. Other than that, call me crazy but 14 has been my most played on PS4 up to this point. Also, I could seem them maybe sending out closed beta invites. If that's the case sign me up!

# 15 King_B_Mack @ 07/23/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
3 year plan. Stop the complaining. Don't expect Much from gameplay wise because it seems they devoted the majority of resources to graphics

Why are you so confident to just throw the term 3 year plan out there and that everybody should be cool because of that? This is like the 5th 3 year plan in the last 10 years for this series.

# 16 Poke @ 07/23/14 06:56 PM
Live is the ONLY game that has been working on a good game since around '08 which in my opinion is WAY better than '14. I been playing EA games since the early 90's so I'm not a fanboy and I used to buy 2 basketball games until LIVE just FELL OFF. Now to my disappointment, all I ever here is 3 year, plan 5 year plan, next year, were improving but it shouldn't take that long when EA makes tons of money. They should be able to hire very bright individuals who can get the job done. 2K did it with A LOT less over their rise to glory. Not saying 2K is flawless cause they need to up their game this years release as well but it's like with every EA game lately whether it be Madden, UFC, Live, etc... all we get is next couple of years.

# 17 Poke @ 07/23/14 07:08 PM
This vid says 08 but its 07, but this was even better than 14

# 18 Poke @ 07/23/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Anyone have a link to the last time a 3 year plan was mentioned by EA? It's thrown around here a lot and also a lot of these obrien quotes by these recent articles seem like they were taking from last years info. How did this website get the early interview. Seems weird.

Why does it seem weird?

# 19 loosey101 @ 07/23/14 07:35 PM
Hoping they drop some news tomorrow, they said on Twitter to look out for something this week

# 20 Mintsa @ 07/23/14 09:15 PM
3 year plan?? Really guys.... FYI. This is the 2nd of back to back 3 year plans....when does it stop?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.