Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has posted their Madden NFL 15 gameplay improvements blog and quite a few new screenshots.

Quite a bit of information on pre-play mechanics, max protect blocking, pre-play coverage adjustments, QB contain, bluff blitzing, improved adaptive AI, defensive play types, kicking game and much more.

Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 07/24/14 07:33 PM
This was the best one yet in my opinion. Lots of good stuff. I wish they would have showed more of the original/changed like they did with contain for all of the coverages and stuff. That zoom cam looks sweet too. Like the kick meter stuff a lot as well.

# 2 jmurphy31 @ 07/24/14 07:47 PM
Good to hear about the CPU AI making adjustments and even making audibles based on what you call.

Hopefully this is true. I've heard about adaptive ai before.

# 3 countryboy @ 07/24/14 07:47 PM
Love what I'm reading thus far. Hopefully it all works as planned.

# 4 MajorSupreme @ 07/24/14 07:52 PM
I gotta admit, this is looking like the dev team really wants simulation football.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 5 huskerfan4life @ 07/24/14 07:53 PM
I really love the way that they redid the kicking it seems with the way they have it now it will be a ton more realistic

# 6 CT Pitbull @ 07/24/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

a whole lotta Chicago Bears screens the past few days.. Brownie points for EA Madden this week in my book...lol

# 7 hanzsomehanz @ 07/24/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I gotta admit, this is looking like the dev team really wants simulation football.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
RG, the writer of this article, seems to be empowered to share his tourney knowledge and passion thru hardcore gameplay enhancements.

I hope the coverage techniques can be applied individually and not universally.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 8 Cowboy008 @ 07/24/14 08:05 PM
That was a good read. I liked everything they were talking about in the article. I'm hoping that the CPU utilizes all of those things as well. It looks like field goals will no longer be a guarantee and that your kickers rating will actually matter. Loved the part about the adaptive A.I. hope it works like they say it will. I also liked that the CPU will try to coffin corner punts now I always hated how they used to punt the ball right to the middle of the field.

# 9 Skyboxer @ 07/24/14 08:08 PM
Very cool.. Just want to play at this point. .. .. but still not August yet!

# 10 oneamongthefence @ 07/24/14 08:08 PM
Wish they would specify which features will make last gen

# 11 RogueHominid @ 07/24/14 08:13 PM
While most of that stuff seems to be recycled from the Twitch stream from the other day, there were two bits I liked relative to the kicking game that I don't recall catching during the live feed.

First is the idea that kick power means something. I like that a max power kicker can hit an NFL-record shot while a middling kicker with 80s kick power is going to struggle to hit from 50. That's going to be a game changer, I think.

Just as big is the claim that the CPU will no longer attempt FGs that it has no realistic chance of making. That was a big of a game-breaker strategy-wise in previous games, as the CPU would routinely forfeit the ball near midfield after botched attempts from way too far out.

# 12 Jr. @ 07/24/14 08:30 PM
A lot of good stuff. I hope there aren't too many kickers that can't kick 50 yard FGs, though, as I'm pretty sure every kicker in the NFL has the leg strength to get it at least that far.

Hopefully with these additions they won't disregard Special Teams for 3+ more years. There's still a LOT more work that needs to be done to it.

# 13 Senator Palmer @ 07/24/14 08:32 PM
Some nice additions here. These really stuck out to me:

Quote:
Underneath: Puts defenders in a trail type of coverage where they will try and stay underneath the receiver.
Overtop: Defenders will try and stay over the top of their opponent to avoid getting beat deep. The disguised cushion functionality from Madden NFL 25 has been removed.
Outside: Puts defenders in a better position to stop sideline routes, while giving up space in the middle.
Inside: Puts defenders in a better position to stop routes over the middle of the field, while giving up space toward the sideline.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how the trail technique works...BUT I really do hope that there are defensive calls that these techniques are already built into as it seems to already be with the new "QB contain".

# 14 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/24/14 08:36 PM
Love how they simplified the defensive coverages, adding in disguising and type of coverage from over to under, etc....

# 15 mestevo @ 07/24/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Wish they would specify which features will make last gen
Would assume very few and be surprised by anything substantial.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 16 jmurphy31 @ 07/24/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Would assume very few and be surprised by anything substantial.

My thoughts exactly. Last generation jump the old xbox and PS2 still had michaels and Madden as the commentators. and the next gen had the radio guy.

# 17 friscob @ 07/24/14 09:46 PM
The wind meter finally works?!? Day one purchase now. But seriously, that was a good read and game sounds great so far. Lots of small and steady improvements, ready for some cfm info

# 18 JBoo2911 @ 07/24/14 09:49 PM
Looking great! Def love improvements to the kicking gm! Fixed n more realistic!

# 19 reyes the roof @ 07/24/14 10:11 PM
"By simply pressing Y, Y (Xbox One) or Triangle, Triangle (PlayStation 4) at the line of scrimmage, any defender in a hook, buzz, or flat zone will now drop to the first down marker to try and keep everything in front of them. The risk is that defenders protecting the sticks will not attempt to leverage a route that extends beyond the first down marker."

Am I misunderstanding this, or are they saying that if you select protect the sticks, your defense won't defend anything past the first down marker? I was under the impression that protecting the sticks meant to try and keep the ball in front of the first down marker. For example, on 3rd and 9, don't protect the short routes, drop everyone to the first down marker and beyond and force the offense to throw the ball underneath and you tackle them before they get to the marker.

# 20 mestevo @ 07/24/14 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
"By simply pressing Y, Y (Xbox One) or Triangle, Triangle (PlayStation 4) at the line of scrimmage, any defender in a hook, buzz, or flat zone will now drop to the first down marker to try and keep everything in front of them. The risk is that defenders protecting the sticks will not attempt to leverage a route that extends beyond the first down marker."

Am I misunderstanding this, or are they saying that if you select protect the sticks, your defense won't defend anything past the first down marker? I was under the impression that protecting the sticks meant to try and keep the ball in front of the first down marker. For example, on 3rd and 9, don't protect the short routes, drop everyone to the first down marker and beyond and force the offense to throw the ball underneath and you tackle them before they get to the marker.
The key in your quote is only the defensive players in specific coverage assignments are the ones that adjust.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.