Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Gamestop always seems to release a few nuggets of information before game companies do. It looks like they have come through yet again with a few Madden NFL 15 connected franchise details. While it isn't much, it's definitely something worth talking about, at least until EA Sports and the Madden team decide to.

Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Let us know what you think.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bad_philanthropy @ 07/28/14 10:19 PM
Hopefully confidence doesn't totally unbalance things/is implemented in an overpowered way for user teams.

I actually thought CFM had a decent base last year with owner mode. Hopefully the sim stat engine is tweaked and improved too.

# 22 GarrisonGrant @ 07/28/14 10:20 PM
Whenever I hear stuff about Confidence/emotion, etc. I automatically think, "FIFA SCRIPTING!"

# 23 Jr. @ 07/28/14 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
That confidence description reminds me of the motivation feature from NCAA Football 08:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/06/...-08-motivation
That sounds exactly like the NCAA feature. I hope they have it reigned in, because the first year of that feature caused some big issues with players being unstoppable.

# 24 Cowboy008 @ 07/28/14 10:43 PM
I'm also hoping you can affect a players confidence in a negative way.

# 25 Aggies7 @ 07/28/14 11:43 PM
I like what I read as long as it's implemented well. Hope we develop the back up via practice type mini games. Wasn't a big fan on the 11 on 11 practice and distribution of points.

Also I sure hope there is a lot more information and additions to CFM than just that. A little worried there won't be much more considering isn't what GameStop released "back of the box" info.

# 26 DNMHIII @ 07/28/14 11:45 PM
wow this sounds terrible IMO. I don't like any crazy things that make the game over powerful or more frustrating. Just make the ratings work and I'm good.

# 27 Cardot @ 07/29/14 12:19 AM
I have never really been a fan of sports video games trying to capture intangibles (chemistry, clutch factor, confidence, hot/cold streak etc). In my experience, seems to do harm more often than good.

# 28 Stikskillz @ 07/29/14 12:28 AM
Hopefully EA has implemented a draft queue so if owners miss the draft in online CFM's they may still have a chance at getting a targeted player or filling a need. I also hope there is an ability to purchase multiple progression points at once instead of purchasing an attribute with XP and then having to repetitively purchase it to increase a rating. We will find out soon.

# 29 Birdman85 @ 07/29/14 01:52 AM
Sounds like typical EA. Trying too much when then have stuff that is a lot easier to fix, but they overlook it for some added extra feature that doesn't make up for actual issues.

# 30 mestevo @ 07/29/14 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman85
Sounds like typical EA. Trying too much when then have stuff that is a lot easier to fix, but they overlook it for some added extra feature that doesn't make up for actual issues.
So you've seen the entire list of changes to CFM then?

# 31 dsk1317 @ 07/29/14 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I have never really been a fan of sports video games trying to capture intangibles (chemistry, clutch factor, confidence, hot/cold streak etc). In my experience, seems to do harm more often than good.
I think you nailed it!

# 32 Aggies7 @ 07/29/14 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

I agree. That is very difficult to translate from true life to video games. Especially with hot/cold. I mean it's a team game, so is it the RB that ran for 150 yards that's hot....or is it the OLine blocking for him....or did he get the majority of the yards running down clock in the fourth. We as fans know why but that has to be tough to code and ultimately would lead to the wrong players being on hot streak.

# 33 Aggies7 @ 07/29/14 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Sounds like they are bringing back Training Camp from the old PS2 days, ive been asking for this for a while now, glad they are bringing it back.

I would love to have that back so I could focus on specific players. However, not getting my hopes up til confirmed that is what they meant

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 07/29/14 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I would love to have that back so I could focus on specific players. However, not getting my hopes up til confirmed that is what they meant
You can train specific players according to this http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...r-and-gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 35 SiNsinNatti @ 07/29/14 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
Hopefully EA has implemented a draft queue so if owners miss the draft in online CFM's they may still have a chance at getting a targeted player or filling a need. I also hope there is an ability to purchase multiple progression points at once instead of purchasing an attribute with XP and then having to repetitively purchase it to increase a rating. We will find out soon.
This! They need a draft board, you should be able to list prospects you want in each round in specific order so even if you're not online or you simulate the draft. You don't end up with so many players you did not want. Purchasing attributes definitely needs to be more like 2k14 MyPlayer. Multiple PTs at a time.

# 36 Sheba2011 @ 07/29/14 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
This would be awesome especially for lower drafted and UDFA's. But i'm with you until it is confirmed by EA I won't get my hopes up.

# 37 Caveman24 @ 07/29/14 06:46 AM
XP is here to stay I guess 😒

# 38 Aggies7 @ 07/29/14 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You can train specific players according to this http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...r-and-gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still doesn't sound like it's mini games for each position. It sounds like that is the direction they are going in the future. Maybe I'm misreading it.

# 39 countryboy @ 07/29/14 07:53 AM
Its hard for me to form an opinion on what has been "released" given that its nothing more than a brief overview of a few new things.

I'll reserve judgment until they release a blog stating how each of this works.

# 40 DeuceDouglas @ 07/29/14 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'll reserve judgment until they release a blog stating how each of this works.
I'm trying to do the same. I'm to the point where I'm so desperate for CFM info that pretty much anything that came out was going to be disappointing for me. I don't want to be overly negative because I don't really know much yet. These next couple weeks will be very interesting.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.