Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Between August 10th and August 16th you can trade in Madden NFL 25 at Best Buy and get up to $35 towards Madden NFL 15.

Source - Blu-Ray

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mestevo @ 08/06/14 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The last sentence of this FAQ makes it seem like they won't be instant

Q3: What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
A3: If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment
That's why I asked. There is typically a delay to prevent fraud and to try and encourage return business.

# 42 Mauer4MVP @ 08/06/14 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
EA gets their money because Best Buy buys the game at wholesale. They can then offer any deals to help lower the price of the game. The one thing Best Buy can't do is sell the game lower than retail cost at launch, so to increase sales and get people in their stores, they offer these deals. They are willing to take some small losses to get the foot traffic.
No, I'm asking about Best Buy. I understand that companies make deals to get foot traffic, but it usually doesn't result in sacrificing margin to this extent. Just seems extreme and a better deal than I have ever seen before on a video game.

# 43 mestevo @ 08/06/14 11:28 PM
I don't see that at all, they'll resell many of the copies they receive and get repeat shoppers on other goods via the reward certificate. Good deal, sure, but it's not that unreal.

# 44 Millennium @ 08/06/14 11:44 PM
The $10 reward certificate for pre-ordering is not instant. The $10 coupon towards Madden 15 is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 45 m1ke_nyc @ 08/07/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersredspacers
This is pretty deceptive advertising. You don't need to trade in Madden 25 to get the $10 credit, you get that automatically if you preorder the game. Basically, they will give you $15 for last gen Madden 25 and $25 for next gen Madden 25. Best Buy gives you a $10 credit when you pre-order any game from them. You can't spend the $10 credit on the game you pre-ordered though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Pr...at308100050002
Your misunderstanding, you get a $10 coupon instantly toward Madden 15 if you trade in Madden 25 towards it. On top of that you get the $10 reward certificate for pre ordering. So you get $35 towards Madden 15 plus the $10 reward certificate for pre ordering.

Well you caught it before I hit post no biggy

# 46 steelersredspacers @ 08/07/14 12:33 AM
Thanks for posting about this. I just bought a copy of Madden 25 on ebay for 17 bucks, so I will save 35 off Madden 15, and use the extra 10 bucks to get Batman Arkham Knight or NBA 2k15.

# 47 DJ @ 08/07/14 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Here's another deal for folks on the fence in getting an Xbox One.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-one...at303600050004
Hmm ... have a 4gb 360 that I added a 250gb HDD to. I wonder how much I'd get for that? Do they have a similar trade-in deal for a PS4?

# 48 Gorilla Glass @ 08/07/14 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Hmm ... have a 4gb 360 that I added a 250gb HDD to. I wonder how much I'd get for that? Do they have a similar trade-in deal for a PS4?
I haven't really seen anything concerning the PS4 deals, but the all white Destiny version will be out soon.

# 49 saybur @ 08/07/14 12:36 PM
I wonder what they do for those who already pre-ordered Madden 15 from Best Buy. Another $10 gift card or are we just sol?

# 50 Millennium @ 08/07/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
I wonder what they do for those who already pre-ordered Madden 15 from Best Buy. Another $10 gift card or are we just sol?
Cancel your preorder and order it again?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 51 Dino @ 08/07/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
So, let me do some math here (Madden 25 for PS4 as the example):

Madden 15 will be $60 (rounded, before tax).

Trade in will be $25. Coupon for $10 (I hope I'm reading that right and the coupon is both for current gen and last gen). $10 Reward Certificate for preordering.

$25 + $10 + $10 = $45

$60-$45 = $15.

Now, the $25 is a gift card, I'm going to treat both $10's as Reward Certs (they come off before final price). So $40 - 20% ($8) for Gamer's Club Unlocked (if you don't have it, why not? Best deal in gaming.) = $32.

$32 - the aforementioned $20 is $12.

You can have Madden 15 for your PS4 for $12.

And they want me to go digital for $60? Ha. Ha. Ha.
This is probably the best old game trade in value in the history of video games.

And with EA Access, as soon as Madden 15 hits The Vault next summer, I guarantee you will be able to trade it in some where for more than $12 bucks. Heck this deal might be back next yr.

So, in the end, if you have EA Access, Madden 15 will be essentially Free.

# 52 DJ @ 08/07/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I haven't really seen anything concerning the PS4 deals, but the all white Destiny version will be out soon.
Yeah that looks pretty slick.

Part of me wants to jump on the $399 Xbox One with M15 bundled in, play that through March/April of 2015 and then trade the One in for a PS4 when MLB 15 The Show is released.

# 53 DanH35 @ 08/07/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Probably going to buy a copy of Xbox One madden 25 on ebay for like $12 and take it straight to Best Buy for my $35 towards M15.
This is what I did, got a copy on ebay for $15.50 shipped, I'll go trade it in on Sunday. I wasn't going to get 15 until it went on sale, but I doubt there will be a better deal than getting it for basically $16.

# 54 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/07/14 03:23 PM
Not sure if anyone else asked, but does anybody have an idea if this works if I'm trading in a version for one system but am buying the game for another? I just upgraded from 360 to PS4.

# 55 DanH35 @ 08/07/14 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Not sure if anyone else asked, but does anybody have an idea if this works if I'm trading in a version for one system but am buying the game for another? I just upgraded from 360 to PS4.
I doubt it. I don't think they'll have a separate coupon for each version. And if it's like their previous get a X amount to trade for a new game, they'll just raise the trade value of the game and give you a gift card that you can use on anything.

# 56 mpbaseball22 @ 08/07/14 04:51 PM
If I have 5 copies to return can I preorder and get 5 copies?

# 57 Iceman87GT @ 08/07/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The last sentence of this FAQ makes it seem like they won't be instant

Q3: What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
A3: If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment

That is only for the "Get 10" Promotion they have been running for a while now.

You will definitely get the $25 for trading in Madden 25 towards Madden 15. The $10 will likely be applied after the fact (unless they are running a special promotion where you can apply it towards the actual game provided you participate in the trade-in). Heck it may be that you get $25 + $10 trade in (i.e. outside of the promotion they would give you $10 for the game, plus an additional $25 if you do it during the window and apply it towards Madden 15).

You can definitely save $25 with this promo, and based on the wording in the ad it would seem that you will be able to apply that $10 credit towards the game rather than getting it upon completing the purchase (the question is: is that a mistake on their part or was it intentional).

# 58 DanH35 @ 08/07/14 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
That is only for the "Get 10" Promotion they have been running for a while now.

You will definitely get the $25 for trading in Madden 25 towards Madden 15. The $10 will likely be applied after the fact (unless they are running a special promotion where you can apply it towards the actual game provided you participate in the trade-in). Heck it may be that you get $25 + $10 trade in (i.e. outside of the promotion they would give you $10 for the game, plus an additional $25 if you do it during the window and apply it towards Madden 15).

You can definitely save $25 with this promo, and based on the wording in the ad it would seem that you will be able to apply that $10 credit towards the game rather than getting it upon completing the purchase (the question is: is that a mistake on their part or was it intentional).
The ad says you get $25 trade value for M25 and a $10 off coupon for M15. The Get 10 promo is separate from both of them, and you always get those certs after purchase. So if you don't have GCU, it will be $60 - $25 trade - $10 coupon, so you will pay $25 at time of purchase and get a $10 cert a bit later. If you have GCU, it will be $48 - $27.50 trade - $10 coupon, so you will pay $10.50 and get a $10 cert later.

# 59 mestevo @ 08/07/14 08:05 PM
How do you get gcu? I see the benefits on my bb account but I'm not a member and no option to sub.

# 60 huskerfan4life @ 08/07/14 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
The way that I read it, it makes it seem like only copies of 25 for the PS4 and XBOX 1 count. Im buying a PS4 and a copy of Madden that day, and would be happy to trade in my PS3 copy of 25, but I think that I'm out of luck.
I just reread and it seems like its a $25 rebate for ps4 xb1 and $15 rebate for ps3 x360

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.