Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

Last week we had a chance to sit in on a conference call to discuss the new mode in WWE 2K15, 2K Showcase. This mode will feature two of the top rivalries in WWE history, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels from 2002 through 2004 and John Cena vs. CM Punk from 2011 through 2013. Yes, you read that correctly, CM Punk is in WWE 2K15 and featured in the new mode in a major way.

The rivalries will be played out over the course of 33 matches. It will also be presented like a mini documentary produced by the WWE themselves, so we will see live action interviews as well as other video cuts. 2K emphasized that they want moments played out exactly the same way they did on TV. Throughout playing the mode you will unlock wrestlers, game play modes and different wrestler outfits as well. They also stated that new rivalries would be coming out in the future via DLC, but they aren’t ready to discuss any of those right now.

The John Cena vs. CM Punk rivalry mode will be playable at Gamescom in Germany and over SummerSlam weekend in Los Angeles.

Shawn Michaels was on the conference call as well and stated that in his 25 years of wrestling, that having his face captured for WWE 2K15 on PS4/Xbox One was the most cameras he had ever been in front of at one time. He was very proud that his career would be exposed to future generations via this game and how lifelike it looks.

WWE 2K15 is set to launch on October 28th for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Read the full press release below.

2K today announced details of 2K Showcase, the story-driven single-player campaign in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Through high quality cinematics and historic WWE footage, players will intimately explore two notable WWE rivalries: the bitter rivalry between Triple H® and Shawn Michaels® from 2002 to 2004, as well as WWE 2K15 cover Superstar John Cena® and CM Punk®’s spirited rivalry spanning 2011 to 2013.

“The moment Triple H ended his longtime friendship with ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ by slamming him with a Pedigree was a defining moment in WWE history,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “No fan can deny the fierce competition marking the notorious battles waged between Cena and Punk. These two rivalries are firmly etched in WWE history, and 2K Showcase enables fans to take part in those memorable experiences.”

2K Showcase will tell the epic history of the two rivalries through documentary-style video packages of classic WWE footage, authentic WWE Superstar commentary and cinematic cut scenes. In the 33 available matches across the rivalries, players will be tasked with completing a set of bonus historical objectives that will unlock new WWE Superstars, Championship titles and alternate attire that can be used in all other WWE 2K15 game modes. With this wealth of unlockable content, players can recreate current rivalries or stage dream matchups between WWE Superstars of the past and present. Additional 2K Showcase rivalries will be made available via downloadable content following the game’s scheduled release on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

“Featuring two of the biggest rivalries in WWE history, including my storied matches with Shawn Michaels, there’s no doubt fans will experience the thrill first-hand through WWE 2K15,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative at WWE. “2K Showcase brings WWE to life in a way our fans have never seen before through a video game.”

WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TecmoZack @ 08/11/14 01:44 PM
Excited to play HHH vs HBK. I wonder if the feud will start at the beginning of DX and let us play one or 2 of those matches. Would love to have the Undertaker vs HBK Hell in a Cell match.

# 42 CaliDude916 @ 08/11/14 01:47 PM
This is awesome news, and I'm really glad Punk is in. Excited for the DLC. Can't wait for this game to drop.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 43 georgiafan @ 08/11/14 02:07 PM
Is this gonna be the main feature?

# 44 ondreythegiant @ 08/11/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
While I kinda understand hhh vs micheals, cm punk vs cena is in no way one the the greatest rivalries in wwe/wwf history. With all the rivalries they could have chosen, they picked that one.
Probably the best rivalry of the PG Era. Cena has been the biggest face, and Punk the best heel.

PWI says the agreement was in place for Punk to be in the game in this scenario months ago so they didn't take him out. Plus he's in the alumni section of WWE, so I doubt it means anything as far as him coming back or it all being a work. Although he could use the time off after his heavy use the last four years.

# 45 SmashMan @ 08/11/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
The whole HHH and HBK feud is awesome and all but benoit is the reason they were feuding.
They had been feuding for (at least) a year prior to that. Unless I'm way off in remembering the DX return swerve leading to SummerSlam?

I think they can get around Benoit pretty easily just because WM 20 was his moment, and not necessarily integral to the retelling of the Triple H-Shawn Michaels rivalry.

# 46 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/11/14 03:23 PM
I wonder if we will get a glimpse of gameplay tonight during Raw

I doubt it tho

# 47 CM Hooe @ 08/11/14 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
They had been feuding for (at least) a year prior to that. Unless I'm way off in remembering the DX return swerve leading to SummerSlam?
Per Wikipedia, HBK didn't return to TV from his injury hiatus until he joined the nWo on June 3 2002. Prior to that he last appeared on WWE programming via a televised speech at WWE Armageddon in 2000.

# 48 BDKiiing @ 08/11/14 03:32 PM
Punk/Cena is one of the best rivalries of recent years, that's why it's in the game over the other attitude era rivalries. Good to see two rivalries that aren't attitude era. Loved both of these rivalries when they were happening.

# 49 Chrisksaint @ 08/11/14 03:45 PM
Pretty surprising, figured if they wanted to involve Cena they would have chosen Edge.

# 50 BDKiiing @ 08/11/14 03:45 PM
Interesting game settings.

Attachment 80473

# 51 King_B_Mack @ 08/11/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope, that was it. Triple H had been out injured and was thus a free agent. When he came back, the nWo made it clear they were trying to recruit him. After Captain Quad...I mean Nash got hurt Vince scrapped the group and Eric Bischoff stated his intention to follow through with the nWo's plan to get H to sign with RAW. Eventually Shawn convinced him to come to RAW with him to raise hell together again and of course the DX swerve happened. The next week, Triple H attacked Shawn from behind and put his head through a window and pretended like he had nothing to do with it, until Shawn got the security footage and saw Hunter did it. From there he challenged HHH to a fight at Summerslam.

# 52 TheVinylHippo @ 08/11/14 04:27 PM
Two things I'm really looking forward to with these feuds:

1) Getting to relive my favorite moment in professional wrestling history: when Shawn Michaels won the World Heavyweight Championship at Survivor Series 2002

and,

2) How they're going to recreate CM Punk and John Cena's entrances at Money in the Bank 2011. That should be interesting. I hope they use the audio from the actual event - at least the crowd reactions.

I also hope that means the return of This Fire Burns to the WWE games.

# 53 almostbobsaget @ 08/11/14 06:25 PM

# 54 bxphenom7 @ 08/11/14 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Is this gonna be the main feature?
No, there will also be a career mode and story mode.

# 55 Sheba2011 @ 08/12/14 04:34 AM
Of all the rivalries they could have picked from in WWE history this just leaves something to be desired in my mind. These aren't bad rivalries just they had a chance for something big here and dropped the ball. As far as DLC any of the following would be awesome choices would be awesome additions (in no particular order).

1. Undertaker vs Mankind
2. Macho Man vs Jake the Snake
3. Stone Cold vs The Rock
4. Stone Cold vs Brett Hart
5. Hogan vs Macho Man
6. Undertaker vs Yokozuna
7. Ric Flair vs Randy Savage
8. Undertaker vs Kane
9. Harley Race vs Junkyard Dog
10. Hogan vs Piper
11. Austin vs McMahon
12. Brett Hart vs Shawn Michaels

And maybe throw in some tag team rivalries:
1. Hardy's vs Christian/Edge
2. R&R Express vs Midnight Express (not sure WWE holds the license for these)
3. Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs
4. Hart Foundation vs Rockers
5. New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie
6. Bushwackers vs Nasty Boys (short lived but would love to see both of them in a game lol)

# 56 TecmoZack @ 08/12/14 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Of all the rivalries they could have picked from in WWE history this just leaves something to be desired in my mind. These aren't bad rivalries just they had a chance for something big here and dropped the ball. As far as DLC any of the following would be awesome choices would be awesome additions (in no particular order).

1. Undertaker vs Mankind

2. Macho Man vs Jake the Snake

3. Stone Cold vs The Rock

4. Stone Cold vs Brett Hart

5. Hogan vs Macho Man

6. Undertaker vs Yokozuna

7. Ric Flair vs Randy Savage

8. Undertaker vs Kane

9. Harley Race vs Junkyard Dog

10. Hogan vs Piper

11. Austin vs McMahon

12. Brett Hart vs Shawn Michaels

And maybe throw in some tag team rivalries:

1. Hardy's vs Christian/Edge

2. R&R Express vs Midnight Express (not sure WWE holds the license for these)

3. Hart Foundation vs British Bulldogs

4. Hart Foundation vs Rockers

5. New Age Outlaws vs Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie

6. Bushwackers vs Nasty Boys (short lived but would love to see both of them in a game lol)

Mankind Vs Undertaker would be awesome! That Hell in a Cell match would be so epic to play.

# 57 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/12/14 10:43 AM
I think in the MyCareer you will become a Paul Heyman guy

# 58 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/12/14 10:44 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Orton / Foley and Trish / Lita

# 59 TheVinylHippo @ 08/12/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I think in the my MyCareer you will become a Paul Heyman guy
That would be very cool. That makes me wonder if we'll be able to play as a heel in MyCareer and if you'll have various heel/face turns throughout. I can't say I enjoy the prospect of always playing as a good guy.

Another feud I'd like to add is Jericho vs. HBK - 2008 style. That feud was intense. It would make great for the 2K Showcase.

# 60 Junior Moe @ 08/12/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
If Benoit was in the game.. Man. I'd love it. I've always loved his moveset and I'd put him in my top 10.

That said, I doubt it.

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H.. and than Hornswaggle interferes and steals the belt!
I'm a Benoit fan, too. I think the best route that 2K could take would be to offer him as DLC. I completely understand why some people would not want him in the game. It's totally valid given what he did. I don't think that 2K would want to take the PR risk of having him on the default roster. But, he would be a very nice addition to the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.