Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

The first WWE 2K15 gameplay video footage has arrived, courtesy of Gamescom and Nexplay.

UPDATE: Looks like it's marked private now. Here is a mirror, but has commentary from YouTube user.

Let us know what you think!

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 08/13/14 01:08 PM
Was just about to post this. Looks like a bunch of button spamming, but can definitely see the potential.

# 2 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/13/14 01:31 PM
I can see the potential but MY GOD, these guys make it looks like garbage. Run, spam, spam, run.

# 3 BigAC88 @ 08/13/14 01:32 PM
Ya, the guy playing was definitely trying to play like older WWE games (and even online spamming), so it wasn't the best look at gameplay, but there is definitely a lot of promise from that.

# 4 ram4x4marc @ 08/13/14 01:32 PM
Who'd they let play? Goin' at it like an 8 year old who doesn't know the controls. Hopefully we can get even a casual fan playing later in the day so we don't have to deal with air clotheslines and stomps. Incredible looking game

# 5 @marcusjiles @ 08/13/14 01:32 PM
<:0 Wow. Too bad the entrances were skipped, look incredible. The moves looked perfect. Like, spot on to how humans actually move. You're always going to have the clunky looking fighting style when it's a guy playing, pressing whatever buttons, but this looks real good. Like... too good. there has to be a catch right? RIGHT? lol

# 6 Shakedowncapo @ 08/13/14 01:33 PM
Like watching someone else (bad) playing a sports game.

What I do like is the way they sell moves and how they get off the mat. Both look awesome. Everything looks like it has weight behind it, which is perfect...This is nothing like UFC.

# 7 bigbob @ 08/13/14 01:33 PM
Orton's entrance solidified the buy for me. It looks amazing. It looks ****ing real. I know it was mentioned in a video, but the selling was great. Finally when someone is going up and you hit them, they either stay down or their movement is stopped (like when Cesaro was getting up and got hit in the back).

# 8 Majingir @ 08/13/14 01:35 PM
The old WWE logo is still on it though which is abit shocking since the logo changes in real life in a few days. But besides that, rest of it looks real good. Even though these are next gen stuff, it's making me so happy I never got WWE 2k14 and am getting 2K15(even if it is for PS3). But now I really want PS4 after seeing things like how WWE 2K15 and NHL15 will be.

# 9 Atax1s @ 08/13/14 01:37 PM
I like the slower pacing. It allows for the wrestlers to actually sell moves. Cesaro selling the forearm to his back was real nice in particular.

# 10 grodbetatted @ 08/13/14 01:38 PM
when randy orton came out, at first glance it looks like im watching tv

# 11 Playboy™ @ 08/13/14 01:38 PM
If Maggal Cole (JBL Voice) mentions the network in this game for just $9.99 its a automatic buy

# 12 IIITRE @ 08/13/14 01:40 PM
FIrst day buy now... Im sooo glad the guy made it to GAMESCOM to to verify whether or not irish whip still works....

Seriously tho this game looks fantastic

# 13 CM Hooe @ 08/13/14 01:49 PM
I want to see this played by someone who isn't a button masher, because there looks to be a lot of good in here. The selling, the brief look at the new jockeying for position system, the HUD, the slowed-down pace in general... I'm liking what I'm seeing a lot.

Oh, and this game looks gorgeous.

# 14 King_B_Mack @ 08/13/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The old WWE logo is still on it though which is abit shocking since the logo changes in real life in a few days. But besides that, rest of it looks real good. Even though these are next gen stuff, it's making me so happy I never got WWE 2k14 and am getting 2K15(even if it is for PS3). But now I really want PS4 after seeing things like how WWE 2K15 and NHL15 will be.
The new logo was in there. It was on everything but the side of the stage there. Which knowing Vince and co, they may debut a new set for the logo change and didn't want it getting spoiled by footage like this from the game?

# 15 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/13/14 02:11 PM
Who ever was playing needs to NOT play again lmao

But the potential is their

They need a guy who is actually gone to play Realistic

They Crowd looked ALIVE

The selling of moves looked Great in a way

Waiting for Commentary aspect tho

Liked what I saw none the less

# 16 GiantsFan2013 @ 08/13/14 02:11 PM
One thing that is going under the radar - Looks at the fans. They look pretty real for a video game. Their reactions are pretty nice looking, and they stand and sit and different points. Nice touch.

# 17 Mercury112491 @ 08/13/14 02:25 PM
HUD was interesting. Watched a couple time string to figure out what it all stands for.

So far the % goes up with each offensive move. It never seems to go down. So maybe getting to 100% nets u a finisher or signature?

There's an S and a F with a small x next too it so I'm guess storing finishers is back which I'm not a fan of.

There's a green bar that goes down each time damage is sustained. I'm hoping there's more to that bar because it gives off the impression of a health meter which I hate.

Small blue bar which I'm guessing is the stamina bar? Picture is too fuzzy for me to really notice it move a lot.

# 18 RyanLaFalce @ 08/13/14 02:27 PM
Can't wait to see Un-compressed footage captured straight from a next gen console.

# 19 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/13/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
HUD was interesting. Watched a couple time string to figure out what it all stands for.
I was confused at first aswell

# 20 SoxFan01605 @ 08/13/14 02:28 PM
I definitely can see the potential despite the short (and obviously badly played) look. I'm impressed with the way early match pacing seems to be handled, but my main interest is in how they address the overall flow of a match (the back and forth, kick outs, recovery, reversals, etc).

It would be great if they somehow differentiated pace and flow based on match or event type in addition to superstar skill.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.