Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

IGN has posted some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage.

In case you missed it earlier this morning, there are some more gameplay videos here.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Factzzz @ 08/14/14 01:19 PM
I just hope the Pistons jersey was fixed this year, as well as the raptors jersey.

# 62 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
That's what I like to hear !! I'm excited

# 63 setis @ 08/14/14 01:54 PM
Beluba, please, just a real quick Yes or No answer.

Is the defensive icon back or can we choose to see it at least for Online Leagues?

# 64 LD2k @ 08/14/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
no idea. ronnie or LD might know
Nothing to announce at this time. Historically, we've never been playable there (though I'd like to see it be personally).

Quote:
The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
Indeed. I'm calling the gameplay team the SWISS KNIFE this year. Cutting that cheese straight in half. And it's beautiful. You guys will love what the team has done to battle that player behavior (aka cheese) this year.

# 65 RyanLaFalce @ 08/14/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nothing to announce at this time. Historically, we've never been playable there (though I'd like to see it be personally).

Indeed. I'm calling the gameplay team the SWISS KNIFE this year. Cutting that cheese straight in half. And it's beautiful. You guys will love what the team has done to battle that player behavior (aka cheese) this year.
Hopefully ranked games will be fun again. So much cheese in that the past few years.

# 66 23 @ 08/14/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
I miss the old On the spot segments... not sure whatever happened to that.

They just needed to give you guys more time

# 67 ekferio @ 08/14/14 11:34 PM
I hope passing has improved because some of the 2k14 animations were so slow and long resulting passes occur 2 seconds after you press the button. Better intelligent passing logic and not throw passes at the defense players' bodies/legs, or throw bound passes in crowded area.

# 68 thedream2k13 @ 08/15/14 12:24 AM
Quote:
Yes. Back Left/Right for Euro. Left/Right for left or right layups. Toward hoop = AI chooses finish hand.
THANK YOU!

# 69 thedream2k13 @ 08/15/14 12:53 AM
Quote:
if this is true the casuals may cry please don't change a thing even if they flood Twitter with their crying about the game being too hard

# 70 Bornindamecca @ 08/15/14 01:50 AM
Quote:
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.

Still I'm glad these videos are tempering your expectations. Being overhyped for anything just leads to disappointment. But I will say that we've made big strides in gameplay this year and with experienced users on the sticks the game can look beautiful. As always you'll just have to take my word on that for now.
As soon as the netcode and defensive balance gets tightened up, this series will overall shift to a focus on high level play. I look forward to seeing 2k become a competitive, tournament viable game. It's about time to take that step.

# 71 geezy @ 08/15/14 08:03 AM
the Demo is always different from the final product, I just hope 2K has added 2 the PS4/Xbox One version all the features we lost from the PS3/Xbox 360 version. I really missed Create-A-Player and being able 2 fully customize my Roster and players and the menu system as well, Next Gen's menu's were awful!

MyLEAGUE sounds great though, glad they are giving us back Association mode after last year it was so boring everything from the simplest features cost VC.

# 72 Sundown @ 08/15/14 01:33 PM
Quote:

I chuckled out loud hearing that. You'll know you've arrived when the game played badly looks more like basketball played by idiots than idiots playing a basketball game.

Also I LOVED the anti-cheese intentional foul/steal spam guard put in place last year. I just quietly grinned while a same friend fouled me repeatedly trying to figure what was going on (in between trying to draw charges in my backcourt of course). The only thing that's a little odd is sometimes the commentary seems out of context (when maybe it makes sense to foul). Can't wait to hear what new anti-cheese measures might be in place. I might even wander back online.

# 73 Bearsfan1 @ 08/15/14 03:24 PM
Not getting the game until they fix the passing. The half-court passes and especially the passes in transition are HORRENDOUS! If I see one more player stop to make an overhead pass to a guy 5 feet away from him, I'm going to flip! That has been the worst part of 2k basketball year after year IMO. The spacing on the break is also very poor, or it looks odd when you try to lead somebody to the basket with a pass. They slide all over the place. It does not look natural.

There needs to be more touch passes and the ability to make passes in close quarter situations, particularly in PnR situations. More pocket passing, please! More jump passing, and not when you are passing out of a shot. The speed at which the passes are made needs to be tuned up massively. Everything is too damn slow and weird.

Just my two cents.. The passing and shots underneath the basket needs a major overhaul.

# 74 El_Poopador @ 08/15/14 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Splitter running stride for stride with Napier on the fastbreak is concerning. Why can they not get this right? Speed ratings obviously don't matter. Unacceptable if you ask me.

One animation I hated last year, that seems to be an issue again this year, is when you have a 3 on 1 fastbreak, the ballhandler will almost stop and pass with two hands to one of his teammates instead of just passing off the dribble, making it a smoother transition.

The jerseys seems tighter this year, which is a nice touch. Tho it should be player specific. Some guys wear tight jerseys, some baggy. It also should be an edit option when editing players.

Any news on Create a Player? It HAS to be in this year, right?
Definitely agree on all counts. I've been hoping to be able to change jersey and shorts fit for a few years now.

CAP is in, although they haven't elaborated on all the options.

# 75 reptilexcq @ 08/16/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.

Still I'm glad these videos are tempering your expectations. Being overhyped for anything just leads to disappointment. But I will say that we've made big strides in gameplay this year and with experienced users on the sticks the game can look beautiful. As always you'll just have to take my word on that for now.
The only thing i'm interested in is if you guys are actually making a bold move to change the gameplay completely to the point that you allow the users to have total control of the game instead of heavily relying on animations (which at times can't be control) and frustrated users which make the game look scripted and not based on a user's skills totally.

I mean it's cool if you want a game that play by yourself and no one else and want the game to be based on real NBA simulation, then that's fine. But when you take this game online and play with real people, then the game need to have total user control as part of the game play and not some gimmicks little animations here and there (that can't be broke) that prevent you to have any sort of control of the game. This type of gameplay violate my skills as a player. And I don't think i am the only one the voice my displeasure about the past games.

# 76 DaBoyBk @ 08/28/14 02:56 AM
Quote:
Stuff like this is what I love to hear!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.