Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Early access to Madden NFL 15 has arrived for EA Access subscribers.

Exclusive to Xbox One users, EA Access subscribers get six hours of gameplay. So make sure you close out of the app when it's not in use. The timer starts when you start the game and pauses when you exit and close the app.

UPDATE: EA Access subscribers can download it, but can't actually play it. We will update when they get it working...

UPDATE #2: Just received this Twitter response from EA Access.

UPDATE #3: Everything works now, post your impressions in the new post.

Quote:
Hey Steve, we're aware of an issue with the trial. Microsoft is working on a fix. We'll make sure everyone gets their full time.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 fightingirish595 @ 08/21/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
According to EA access on twitter it says some members can play. Is anyone on here able to play.

Also. I dint get the error message shown earlier mine just keeps saying install. I click it says 100% but then I get install again. Is this what everyone else is getting.
same thing im getting, its like the download wont finish once it gets to 100, my game still shows up in my queue, not in games

# 142 jmurphy31 @ 08/21/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
same thing im getting, its like the download wont finish once it gets to 100, my game still shows up in my queue, not in games
Mine shows up in both. I clicked on it in games and it asked me to install the discussion or sign in with the name who bought it.

# 143 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
What are you losing here though? You are going to get your play time. I didn't pay for NHL either which to me is much bigger deal than 6 hours of early playtime we will get regardless if this little hiccup.

People not buying one of their favorite games because it's stripped down on next gen is a disaster.
I ordered EA access with the expectation that I would be able to play the game starting 12:00pm. I set aside time to play the game at 1:00. I cant play the game. Thats what I'm losing.

Just because something doesnt effect you doesnt minimize its overall significance. I dont care about NHL, the missing features or the fact that you arent going to buy it but I'm not going to try to downplay how significant those issues may be to you.

# 144 fightingirish595 @ 08/21/14 01:48 PM
Quote:
Mine shows up in both. I clicked on it in games and it asked me to install the discussion or sign in with the name who bought it.

ah it shows up in games for me too, i saw it in queue and assumed it wouldnt be in games, i get the same message when i try to start

# 145 Acrobat @ 08/21/14 02:00 PM
What a cluster. I have the 100% glitch too. Can't play it

# 146 Anaxamander @ 08/21/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I wonder if it is confusing the retail with the trial. The description of the game says you can't play until the actual release date. That may be why it won't load up.
I thought there would likely be a problem while it was downloading and I read the all-caps message essentially saying, "YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT NOW, BUT DON'T PLAN ON PLAYING UNTIL 8/26 AT 3AM!!!!"

# 147 George954 @ 08/21/14 02:03 PM
Damn I wanna play this ish already lol

# 148 juduking @ 08/21/14 02:06 PM
Quote:
Try unplugging your XB1 power cord, wait like thirty seconds and plug it back in. I have trouble with downloadable games in XB live and I do that and they work k fine afterwards.

# 149 GruffyMcGuiness @ 08/21/14 02:07 PM
Mine just finished. I can't play either. Pretty bummed as I have a few hours to burn on it today and I'll be busy over the next few days.

# 150 HozAndMoose @ 08/21/14 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I ordered EA access with the expectation that I would be able to play the game starting 12:00pm. I set aside time to play the game at 1:00. I cant play the game. Thats what I'm losing.

Just because something doesnt effect you doesnt minimize its overall significance. I dont care about NHL, the missing features or the fact that you arent going to buy it but I'm not going to try to downplay how significant those issues may be to you.
So between now and Monday you wont have any time to play the game? You paid to get 6 hours of game time early. You made the mistake of expecting everything to work correctly. Now everything should have worked correctly. But its not. You will still get your 6 hours. You just wont get it today.

After what happened with GTA Online and the Digital version of MLB The Show. I never expect something like this to work from the start.

# 151 TexInOrd @ 08/21/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
So between now and Monday you wont have any time to play the game? You paid to get 6 hours of game time early. You made the mistake of expecting everything to work correctly. Now everything should have worked correctly. But its not. You will still get your 6 hours. You just wont get it today.

Lets think about it this way. I order pizza. They say an hour for delivery. It takes 7 hours. Should I be upset? Cmon man. Why are you upset at this?

# 152 VTPack919 @ 08/21/14 02:09 PM
Quote:

I really don't understand how some of you are struggling with this. He didn't set the expectation that it would be working today, EA did. Maybe he doesn't have the time the rest of the days off? What does it really matter?

# 153 ryan36 @ 08/21/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
How is a consumer expecting something to work in they were told it would but a major company a mistake on the consumer's part? I'm missing something here.

# 154 HozAndMoose @ 08/21/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
Lets think about it this way. I order pizza. They say an hour for delivery. It takes 7 hours. Should I be upset? Cmon man. Why are you upset at this?
Im not upset? Its a game. The game will be the same game in how ever long it take to get this stuff figured out.

# 155 HozAndMoose @ 08/21/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
I really don't understand how some of you are struggling with this. He didn't set the expectation that it would be working today, EA did. Maybe he doesn't have the time the rest of the days off? What does it really matter?
Did i not ask if he had another time to play between now and Monday?

# 156 thomguy123 @ 08/21/14 02:14 PM
Is there anyone else who can't even get onto the EA servers to buy the month subscription, let alone get to the game download?

# 157 mestevo @ 08/21/14 02:14 PM
He's not upset, just enjoys poking the bears. The pizza analogy is a good one.

# 158 jmurphy31 @ 08/21/14 02:14 PM
Quote:

After what happened with GTA Online and the Digital version of MLB The Show. I never expect something like this to work from the start.
Doesn't quite work that way. You paid for something to start at a certain time. It should work as advertised. Maybe he has to work all weekend or is going out of town. It would be like driving to an amusement park and when you get there they say we're closed and we're not sure when we're opening. After you already bought the tickets and drove an hour to get there. (Thinking they would be open as stated on their website).

# 159 brandon27 @ 08/21/14 02:15 PM
Well I'm officially confused. Even though I tried to start the download with Smartglass and got constant errors that it wouldn't start due to an error. So I drove home at lunch to start the download, just because my connection isn't as fast as most people's, so I need all the download time I can get unfortunately. Anyways, I get home, pop into the EA Access hub, see Madden 15 there, it takes me to the store page for the game, and its already 5% completed installing. So... at some point in time, even with the errors, it started to download, even though it never told me it was. Strange, but its at least downloading for me now. Hopefully the playing it issue gets sorted out.

# 160 thakaliway @ 08/21/14 02:18 PM
Im at 61% rite now.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.