Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Steam has revealed the system requirements for the PC version of NBA 2K15. It will cost you $59.99.

For those of you that aren't aware, the PC version will feature everything the PS4 and Xbox One version has.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 tril @ 10/19/14 09:54 AM
I have an i5 calrksdale dual core 4 threads cpu 3.2 ghz
8 gbs of ddr3 ram
video card gt430 1024 memory
windows 7 64 bit.
audio card is a studio grade card its a creative

all drivers are updated.

and the game still cant run smooth on minimum settings. I didnt buy the game to run smooth on minimum settings, I bought it to run close to/ if not maximum settings.

I dont think its the cpu, I think thats more than capable, no other issues with other games running on max settings.

only thing I can think of is the video card not being 2gb of memory. but I also doubt that.

any help on settings would be appreciated.

# 202 trobinson97 @ 10/19/14 02:12 PM
You bought the game to run close to max settings with a setup that's not too far if not right at the minimum requirements. Your CPU is almost five years old and your GPU, four. You can't expect to run "next gen" games at max using "last gen" components that just barely qualify for running at the minimum. How other games run is really irrelevant especially when those games aren't specified, I'm just saying.

Have you tried running the game as administrator? You can try overclocking to squeeze a little more juice out of your system but if that's not an option, upgrade if you can.

# 203 tril @ 10/19/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
You bought the game to run close to max settings with a setup that's not too far if not right at the minimum requirements. Your CPU is almost five years old and your GPU, four. You can't expect to run "next gen" games at max using "last gen" components that just barely qualify for running at the minimum. How other games run is really irrelevant especially when those games aren't specified, I'm just saying.

Have you tried running the game as administrator? You can try overclocking to squeeze a little more juice out of your system but if that's not an option, upgrade if you can.
just about 5 years old. I built that box as a studio pc. I was going to build a new rig. I just thought Id be able to get some more life out of it.

I thought my pc specs were smack in the middle between the minimum requirements and recommended. I did not know that the performance would be this bad.

thanks for the feedback.

# 204 Guffers @ 10/19/14 05:08 PM
Yeah I think upgrading your card would help. But even people like me with a relatively high end gpu (gtx780) are still struggling to maintain smooth performance. This game doesn't appear to be all that well optimised compared to a title like fifa 15.

# 205 clipperfan811 @ 10/19/14 07:17 PM
It really seems like Nvidia cards are having a lot more issues than AMD. How has the game been running for some of you guys with mid range - mid-high AMD cards?

I feel pretty lucky but I definitely feel for you guys who's games are running too choppy to be fully playable.

# 206 trobinson97 @ 10/19/14 08:36 PM
7950 here and it runs pretty good on my system. Like I said earlier I experience the lowered fps during the cutscenes but its not that big a deal to me, plus it's been even less noticeable since I set it to run as administrator. I average around 120 FPS(goes to around 60 during cutscenes) during gameplay using the 2K cam. Max settings except for AA which I enable through CCC. Gonna try going back to ingame AA though because I'm noticing more jaggies than I'd like.

I did have a crashing problem early on that got fixed after updating my drivers.

# 207 Guffers @ 10/19/14 09:01 PM
I also noticed the game is much smoother downsampled from 1440p with minimal AA rather than 1080p with 4x AA.

Seems 2K's AA solution is kind of borked.

# 208 Slim4824 @ 10/20/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
8 gbs of ddr3 ram
windows 7 64 bit.

all drivers are updated.

and the game still cant run smooth on minimum settings. I didnt buy the game to run smooth on minimum settings, I bought it to run close to/ if not maximum settings.

I dont think its the cpu, I think thats more than capable, no other issues with other games running on max settings.

only thing I can think of is the video card not being 2gb of memory. but I also doubt that.

That video card is really weak.

# 209 nickthemajin @ 10/20/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
8 gbs of ddr3 ram
windows 7 64 bit.

all drivers are updated.

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have a powerful computer. Your video card is very very low end. I have my doubts you're maxing out much of anything to be honest with you. Your card is old and was low end when it came out.

# 210 ffpp @ 10/20/14 03:11 PM
Intel Core2Duo (quite dated, I know )
4Gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 660

The game is playable but not smooth on
1920x1280
no FSAA
max texture resolution
max player details
low audience details
no special effects
shader level high

The game runs perfectly in team scrimmage, i.e. without the audience and additional lighting effects. During an actual game the framerate is kind of low, though. I didn't measure it but it must be around 20fps or so from the looks of it.

The worst performance drops I get is when the cheerleaders are displayed, I suppose that due to the wild camera swings, a lot of objects come into view that are not cached in video memory or so and have to be reloaded which causes the lags.

I will have to find out what settings I can lower to get a smoothly running game without making me cringe due to bad graphics.

I also tried to go back to 2k14 and it even looks really beautiful on max details running perfectly smooth, but it really plays like last gen :/

# 211 J4son @ 10/20/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
It really seems like Nvidia cards are having a lot more issues than AMD. How has the game been running for some of you guys with mid range - mid-high AMD cards?

I feel pretty lucky but I definitely feel for you guys who's games are running too choppy to be fully playable.
I have a 290 @ 1440p, during gameplay I get a constant 60 fps. I've never experienced the stuttering that some people are getting.

# 212 ffpp @ 10/20/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4son
I have a 290 @ 1440p, during gameplay I get a constant 60 fps. I've never experienced the stuttering that some people are getting.
What's the rest of your PC ? On what kind of settings do you play ?

# 213 J4son @ 10/20/14 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
What's the rest of your PC ? On what kind of settings do you play ?
i7 - 2700k
8gb ram

I have all the settings maxed out and I play on the drive cam.

# 214 tril @ 10/20/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have a powerful computer. Your video card is very very low end. I have my doubts you're maxing out much of anything to be honest with you. Your card is old and was low end when it came out.
ok. yeah I built this rig for music production. and the performance was good. only had a few games on there and they all ran smooth, (have a separate drive for gaming) all the NBA 2ks played fine until 2k15.

Im in the process of rebuilding my rig anyways, and dont want to spend alot on a video card. whats a good video card that can handle 2k15 and costs between 50-100 dollars.

# 215 trobinson97 @ 10/20/14 08:41 PM
What resolution do you play at tril?

# 216 tril @ 10/24/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
What resolution do you play at tril?

just got a 750 gtx 2gb pci x version 3 card for 80.00, the card rang up 150 at the check out counter they mislabeled the price on the shelf so they had to honor that price. great news for me. they also quickly removed the price label from the shelves.

I now have my game on max settings and it runs really smooth. all settings maxed out with the 1920X1080 res. thats my monitors max.

on an i5 cpu

# 217 trobinson97 @ 10/24/14 06:43 PM
Lucky guy.

# 218 badluck22 @ 10/25/14 09:46 AM
This is going to sound like a dumb question but should i be able to play this game on max settings? I was reading a thread on reddit where ti looked like people with similar graphics cards as mine were saying that they were running everything at max and had no problems.

Right now i have it mostly on medium with Special Effects off and crowd on low.

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M GDDR5 2GB
3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
12.0 RB Ram

# 219 23 @ 11/25/14 04:16 PM
You probably need a better graphics card

# 220 joosegoose @ 11/25/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck22
This is going to sound like a dumb question but should i be able to play this game on max settings? I was reading a thread on reddit where ti looked like people with similar graphics cards as mine were saying that they were running everything at max and had no problems.

Right now i have it mostly on medium with Special Effects off and crowd on low.

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M GDDR5 2GB
3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
12.0 RB Ram
The settings you're currently running sound about right.

I have an 840m and am running pretty much the same settings (in 720p).

This game just requires quite a bit of juice. Our mobile gpus also definitely aren't equal to the desktop equivalents.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.