Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Steam has revealed the system requirements for the PC version of NBA 2K15. It will cost you $59.99.

For those of you that aren't aware, the PC version will feature everything the PS4 and Xbox One version has.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jayman504 @ 08/22/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You can run a PC game on your tv because I've run mine on my 60 inch 3d tv and a projector 100 inch screen plenty of times.

Anyway, the mods are the things people are saying thats going to take this game over the top which is always did and not just graphically, but adding a horde of teams, authentic presentation wipes, re-doing floors, adding accessories, fixing faces, and so much more stuff its not even funny.

Last gen 2k14 if you want to compare... PC has every season from the 1970s until 2014 with both retro and modern settings to compliment them. Cannot be done on a console.
THIS...I got the PC version of NBA 2k14 and up to this day I don't regret trading in my xbox1 copy towards it. ESPN wipes, classic teams...even summer league rosters(UBR) just gotta get my pc up to code to run this monster...

# 42 Nza @ 08/22/14 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Think I've read more than enough information in this thread to convert me over to PC gaming. Im starting my first build this year.

Next gen 2k15 on high settings, with modding capabilities will run circles around the console version.
Keep in mind that modding capabilities are purely theoretical right now.

Does anyone know of an example of a XO/PS4 game on PC that is reasonably moddable? (Watchdogs?). One downside to exact replicas of these versions to PC is they could be difficult to mod.

# 43 cjallure24 @ 08/22/14 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Keep in mind that modding capabilities are purely theoretical right now.

Does anyone know of an example of a XO/PS4 game on PC that is reasonably moddable? (Watchdogs?). One downside to exact replicas of these versions to PC is they could be difficult to mod.
This was my sentiment when the news dropped about current gen console port. It may take time for the community to create tools for this game. We are possibly looking at a fresh start here.

# 44 brown19 @ 08/23/14 01:03 AM
wow i am amazed at all the pc ignorance i have seen in here!! its best if you don't know what your talking about just don't say it. anyways i digress my gtx780s 3gb in sli with a i74820k will destroy this game and beg for more i also cant wait for all the mods!!

# 45 drose36 @ 08/23/14 05:00 AM
Can i run it with intel core i5 3230M 2.6 GHz , amd radeon hd 7650m and windows 8.1 64 bit???
Laptop Vaio

Please help me , i would really appreciate it

# 46 Muzyk23 @ 08/23/14 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone1970
So, when is the last time that a sports game was better on the PC than on the highest end console? There are so many variables when attempting to get a game to run smooth on a PC as opposed to the console version which will be specifically designed to maximize the specs of the specific console. While there may be considerable modding done, only the highest top-spec PCs can run games as smooth as the XBOX one or PS4. Not too mention, I for one prefer my sports games on a huge big screen, not a 24" monitor. Just my two cents....

Come on dude, don't be ignorant like that. Millions of people run their PCs connected to big TVs or projectors through hdmi, with Xbox controllers in their hands lying comfortably on their sofas. It's not 1990s any more.

# 47 Muzyk23 @ 08/23/14 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drose36
Can i run it with intel core i5 3230M 2.6 GHz , amd radeon hd 7650m and windows 8.1 64 bit???
Laptop Vaio

Please help me , i would really appreciate it

I think you would run it fine, maybe without few bells and whistles here and there. At the moment we don't know much about what graphical options would we have at our disposal to tinker with.

# 48 Muzyk23 @ 08/23/14 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Think I've read more than enough information in this thread to convert me over to PC gaming. Im starting my first build this year.

Next gen 2k15 on high settings, with modding capabilities will run circles around the console version.

Good choice imo. With games like Fifa, 2k or MGS coming to PCs as complete products and probability of Ps4/Xone being way inferior in let's say 2-3 years ( like last gen) the decision is easy and sensible. Lower prices of games, quick discounts, sales, 90% of market being digital, it all adds up.

# 49 yusah @ 08/23/14 09:00 AM
I don't know if I'm going to upgrade just for 2K15. I wanna know if my current setup can handle this. Thanks.

Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20 GHz
Memory: DDR3 8 GB @799.9 MHz
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1 GB
DirectX: Version 11

# 50 Vroman @ 08/23/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusah
I don't know if I'm going to upgrade just for 2K15. I wanna know if my current setup can handle this. Thanks.

Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20 GHz
Memory: DDR3 8 GB @799.9 MHz
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1 GB
DirectX: Version 11
It will run, but not sure about details settings. The GPU is very low end here, but CPU is capable.

# 51 Nza @ 08/23/14 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone1970
...While there may be considerable modding done, only the highest top-spec PCs can run games as smooth as the XBOX one or PS4...
This isn't true, not even close. The highest top-spec PCs have stuff like multiple GPUs and SSDs and memory throughput a few times greater than consoles. These PCs are designed to run top end games in resolutions mainstream consoles won't see for at least another generation, probably not even then. Possibly across multiple screens at once. And they're designed to do all this at *at least* 60fps, not "up to".

For the rest of us, it's never been more affordable to get into the high end of the mid range PC gaming scene - the level that will still match these consoles, and then some. But it's not for everyone. The tweaking, the drivers, the fast industry pace - it's a hobby in its own right, and not everyone enjoys that stuff.

Then there is cost - you may be able to build a gaming PC at a comparable cost to a console, but I would recommend against trying to do this. You just need to stretch the budget a little further, and you'll probably end up a lot better; a price cap like that could end up in disappointment. I say aim for the high end mid range, and not much lower.

# 52 Pirate @ 08/23/14 12:44 PM
Do we even know if this game will be moddable using current tools? No one ever figured out the 2K system for baseball. Mods might be very limited for the PC this year.

# 53 Cod @ 08/23/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Do we even know if this game will be moddable using current tools? No one ever figured out the 2K system for baseball. Mods might be very limited for the PC this year.
What are you talking about "nobody ever figured out the 2k system for baseball"?

http://www.mvpmods.com/files/category/75-mlb-2k12/

# 54 JBulls @ 08/23/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Do we even know if this game will be moddable using current tools?
Most likely not. I think we're probably looking at a fresh start here so it may be a while before we begin to see anything other than roster mods unless steamworks is integrated...

# 55 dregos @ 08/24/14 04:37 PM
If PC users are paying full price they better get decent patch support.

50GB wow...My SSD will be full after the instal.

Intel I5 Haswell 4670k 3.4Ghz (@4.2Ghz)
8GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 760 (4GB) Superclocked
240GB SSD / 1TB HDD
BenQ XL2420TE 24" (1ms) LCD Monitor @ 144hz

# 56 Cod @ 08/24/14 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
If PC users are paying full price they better get decent patch support.

50GB wow...My SSD will be full after the instal.

Intel I5 Haswell 4670k 3.4Ghz (@4.2Ghz)
8GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 760 (4GB) Superclocked
240GB SSD
BenQ XL2420TE 24" (1ms) LCD Monitor @ 144hz
You should invest in a HDD for games. SSD's don't provide much performance advantage for games.

# 57 dregos @ 08/24/14 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
You should invest in a HDD for games. SSD's don't provide much performance advantage for games.
I forgot to mention I also have a 1TB HDD for my data.

My games are installed on the SSD and yes the load times are fast. :P

# 58 Cod @ 08/24/14 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
I forgot to mention I also have a 1TB HDD for my data.

My games are installed on the SSD and yes the load times are fast. :P
But there is NO difference in gaming performance between SSDs and HDDs. See here: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/.../#.U_qsIvldV48

As for NBA 2k series, I can say that load time differences aren't noticeable between SSD and HDD. The only game I've noticed a difference of more than a couple of seconds is Skyrim.

I'm curious how this game is going to be optimized. In the past, the PC versions were very CPU intensive.

# 59 ramjet @ 08/25/14 02:00 PM
They claim it will be feature for feature. Does this mean (for certain) that we will finally be able to play with friends online on the pc version?

I'd be amazed, and might actually consider buying a 2k game again if they actually finally allowed us this ability.

(assuming the online even works)

# 60 Goffs @ 08/25/14 06:10 PM
I have my doubts about online...hope they prove me wrong though so people get to enjoy it but I never bothered with the online part of the PC version. All my friends are on the PS4 so I play online on that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.