Home
NHL 15 News Post

We wanted to post this as a quick reference guide for those of you looking for specific NHL 15 game modes on each console.

If you are curious why certain modes didn't make the cut, make sure you read our interview with NHL 15 Producer Sean Ramjagsingh. He also contributed to the AMA hosted on our Forums.

NHL 15 PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Game Modes
  • Hockey Ultimate Team
    Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) is the most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL and it’s easy to see why. Nowhere else can you build and play with a team composed of all your favorite players to create an ultimate dream team. Battle your way through 10 divisions in Online Seasons and face-off against other fan created teams from around the hockey world.
  • Online Versus Play
    Online Versus Play connects you with other NHL®15 players from around the globe. Take control of any team in NHL 15 and Play a Friend for bragging rights, or jump into Ranked Quick Match to play an opponent with a similar skill set.
  • Be a GM
    Take control of your favorite NHL franchise and guide them to Stanley Cup glory! Manage your team through free agency, the trade deadline, and the rookie draft to build a legendary NHL dynasty. Play up to 25 seasons as you play the roles of GM, coach, and player, all at once.
  • Be a Pro
    Take control of your created player and guide them from the fourth line to superstardom. On the ice, score big goals, win key face-offs, land devastating hits, and play within your coaches system to earn more ice time. The more you get in your coaches good books, the more opportunities you’ll have to become a NHL star and lead your team to a Stanley Cup championship.
  • NHL® Moments Live
    NHL® Moments Live lets you relive, recreate or alter some of the most exciting moments from the current and past NHL season. Relive Daniel Alfredsson’s return to Ottawa, recreate Ben Scrivens’ 59 save performance against San Jose, or alter the outcome of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Moments will be updated where and when available throughout the 2014-15 NHL season.
  • Practice Mode
    We’re talkin’ about practice! This is the perfect place to come and sharpen your NHL 15 skills. Experiment with the all-new Superstar Skill Stick on a clean sheet of ice before taking on real competition.
NHL 15 PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Game Modes

NHL 15 brings with it the best game modes of a generation. Experience EA SPORTS Hockey League, Hockey Ultimate Team, the Winter Classic, Battle for the Cup, and much more.
  • Hockey Ultimate Team
    Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) is the most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL and it’s easy to see why. Nowhere else can you build and play with a team composed of all your favorite players to create an ultimate dream team. Battle your way through 10 divisions in Online Seasons and face-off against other fan created teams from around the hockey world.
  • EA SPORTS Hockey League
    The EASHL and Club Seasons are back! Like HUT, Club Seasons allows teams to compete and play at their own pace through each division. Players can keep tabs on their club’s progress through highlighted goals that they’ll need to reach the next level as they battle to claim Playoff Cups and Division Titles.
  • Be a GM
    Take control of your favorite NHL franchise and guide them to Stanley Cup glory! Manage your team through trades, scouting, and signings to build a legendary NHL dynasty. Play for up to 25 seasons as you play the roles of GM, coach and player, all at once.
  • GM Connected
    If you think you can manage a hockey team better than your friends, this is your chance to prove it! Connect with your friends from across the globe in this multi-user online dynasty experience. Manage, play, and coach your franchise to greatness in a league of 30 NHL teams that holds up to 750 players at one time.
  • NHL 94 Anniversary Mode
    Rated by IGN as one of the Top 100 Games of a Generation, NHL ’94 is one of the most iconic and accessible sport games of all-time. NHL 94 Anniversary Mode captures the spirit of that classic game but wraps it up with updated graphics. Powered by the NHL 15 game engine and Multiplayer NHL Collision Physics, this mode delivers retro presentation, classic organ music and stars surrounding your skaters, all on a nostalgic sheet of blue ice.
  • Live the Life
    If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to walk in a NHL hockey player’s shoes, than Live the Life is for you! As a player, perform on the ice and play within your coaches system and you’ll be rewarded with more ice time and praise. Off the ice, you’ll answer interview questions, interact with fans, accept endorsement deals, and much more. Just like in reality, each decision comes with a price – how will you shape your career?
  • NHL® Moments Live
    NHL® Moments Live lets you relive, recreate or alter some of the most exciting moments from the current and past NHL season. Complete each moment to earn coins that can be used in Hockey Ultimate Team. Moments will be updated where and when available throughout the 2014-15 NHL season.
  • Practice Mode
    This is the perfect place to come and sharpen your NHL 15 skills. Practice your one-on-one dekes or create team drills where you can work on your powerplay and team breakouts.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 adayinthelife @ 08/22/14 10:16 AM
Is it HUT really the most played mode in this series?

# 2 EliJ27 @ 08/22/14 10:29 AM
I just hope we can still create players and edit things to our liking, if EA takes that away from this game i'm done.

# 3 EliJ27 @ 08/22/14 10:34 AM
Since this is kind of a topic of game modes and modes in the game,I want to know some of your opinions on why or why not you think the NHL series could benefit if they added a TeamBuilder in future titles. I personally love the customization aspect of games, It makes me feel like I have more control of my game that I pay nearly $70 for. As we all know the create-a-team in the NHL series has grown quite stale.

# 4 gabbers895 @ 08/22/14 10:37 AM
Interesting, neither mentions the inclusion of things like Season, Playoff, Tournament, Shootout.

Maybe a good sign that these modes are next Gen?

# 5 T5063 @ 08/22/14 10:48 AM
So GM mode is exactly the same as NHL14?

# 6 AdamJones113 @ 08/22/14 10:51 AM
Take control of your favorite NHL franchise and guide them to Stanley Cup glory! Manage your team through free agency, the trade deadline, and the rookie draft to build a legendary NHL dynasty. Play up to 25 seasons as you play the roles of GM, coach, and player, all at once.

Manage your team through trades, scouting, and signings to build a legendary NHL dynasty.

Notice a difference? Uh-oh. Gotta be a typo or something, right?

# 7 aparks87 @ 08/22/14 10:52 AM
So you cant just play a season as your favorite on either next gen or current gen consoles? Or is that Be a GM ?

# 8 T5063 @ 08/22/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113

Manage your team through trades, scouting, and signings to build a legendary NHL dynasty.

Notice a difference? Uh-oh. Gotta be a typo or something, right?
Yeah, this difference in wording has really got me scratching my head.

# 9 canucksss @ 08/22/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Is it HUT really the most played mode in this series?
Every statement from EA, it feels like that I need PROOF before I believe in whatever they claim. Maybe in their part because they earn more extra money out of this mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
So GM mode is exactly the same as NHL14?
Unfortunately yes! Check the interview with RAM. I am so annoyed about how to improve your relationship with other GM's ....by trading picks 5-6 years down the line.... WOW!

# 10 TDKing @ 08/22/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Yeah, this difference in wording has really got me scratching my head.
Tricky EA trying to fool us again?

# 11 Dazraz @ 08/22/14 11:58 AM
So we have all these different licensed Leagues in NHL 15 but are unable to incorporate them in a Single Season/Tournament Mode. Crazy. EA did exactly this last year with FIFA only to....you guessed it, bring it back in this year. Looks like I'll wait out until NHL 16 then.

# 12 Haeyena @ 08/22/14 12:59 PM
I'd like to know how you start out in BAP, drafted or place yourself on your favorite team? And I'd like to know if you can be demoted to the minors. I know that's all Live the Life stuff, but it would immerse me more for sure.

# 13 PensDynasty87 @ 08/22/14 01:27 PM
Be a pro to me has always been pointless, yes it has it's moments of being fun but ea has this thing where everybody u make has to end up being a superstar top line guy. For once id likd to be able to be a 3rd liner n stay there.

# 14 pm83 @ 08/22/14 01:48 PM
Season mode? What the...

This definitely sealed the deal. No 15 for me.

# 15 garyjr33 @ 08/22/14 02:01 PM
The difference in wording there is probably just that a difference in wording so they don't sound so repetitive in writing the same statement word for word.

# 16 PPerfect_CJ @ 08/22/14 03:33 PM
If Steve got this directly from EA, then it's pretty telling that HUT is at the top of the list. I'm passing. Just gonna stick with '14 on PS3.

# 17 riichiieriich @ 08/22/14 04:09 PM
HUT isn't the most played game mode but it does make them the most money. That's all EA cares about. I bet they'd have just HUT as the only game mode if they could.

# 18 Penaltybox4ever @ 08/22/14 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
So we have all these different licensed Leagues in NHL 15 but are unable to incorporate them in a Single Season/Tournament Mode. Crazy. EA did exactly this last year with FIFA only to....you guessed it, bring it back in this year. Looks like I'll wait out until NHL 16 then.
Well, hopefully season mode is so barebone and simple mode they didnt mention it...
Or they dropped it. They only need the other leagues for more HUT cards for ppl to get... :-/

# 19 statum71 @ 08/22/14 05:10 PM
No offline 30-team Season or Franchise Mode.

Highly, highly disappointed. I guess I'll have to miss out on Doc and NBC.

Truly saddened.

# 20 EliJ27 @ 08/22/14 05:11 PM
I bet they have season mode, Don't you guys remember how it shows like "play now" and then under play now it always had b4c, shootout, etc. I bet its like that.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.