Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It seems Scott O'Gallagher's presence on the NBA 2K team is being felt already. In a tweet earlier today after the release of the Yakkem trailer, O'Gallagher claimed that both the charging cheese and the 1-3-1 defense are both no longer in the game -- both have been major complaints of sim-heads for quite awhile.

In a tweet clarifying the above statement
, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."

So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sports fanantic @ 08/25/14 07:02 PM
Now can we get the VC out of some Accessories

# 22 Seizaleo @ 08/25/14 08:09 PM
YES. Thanks OG

# 23 LD2k @ 08/25/14 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
How did charge cheese ever get through to the release of 2K14?...I mean, it's flagrant cheese. They had to have known about it during testing.
Player behavior thing. A little dog can look so cute until you go to pet it and it bites your hand, making you bleed and question how a little Yorkie could bite so hard... mean dog, unpredictable.

I guess I'm saying some online users are like little biting out-of-control Yorkies.

# 24 thedream2k13 @ 08/25/14 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It was removed fairly recently. They had addressed multiple issues to why it was considered "overpowered" last year prior to it's removal. Lots of factors. Lots of improvements.

More on that later.

NBA 2K15's gameplay team has been killing it improving on everything from a gameplay perspective across the board.

Competitive 2K.
Will the post game be relevant this year? Seems like no one uses it

# 25 LD2k @ 08/25/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Depends on if you want to win or lose this year.

# 26 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 08/25/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
i use it all the time but i understand that alot of people don't

# 27 DDubbzz @ 08/25/14 08:55 PM
Sounds good, will we ever see the 2-3 matchup zone?

# 28 kolanji @ 08/25/14 09:01 PM
Quote:

If your saying what I think your saying then

# 29 yungsta404 @ 08/25/14 09:25 PM
I hope they also fixed the cheap post drive/spin move BS and the overpowered posterizer signature skill.

# 30 stillfeelme @ 08/25/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
Haha there is always exceptions to the rule but OKC got far with hardly any post game. I like the response though means things are balanced in a good way.

# 31 Sundown @ 08/25/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I hope they also fixed the cheap post drive/spin move BS and the overpowered posterizer signature skill.
As someone who gets a few cheap points when needed with Harrison Barnes (who does both), I do hope it's fixed.

# 32 newgeneration11 @ 08/25/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
could i surmise from this statement, that, you guys have made it much more challenging to score on the perimeter this year?

Also, LD , i just want to confim that CAP isn't only relegated to draft classes, but, i can throw a created player right onto a roster.. ? i know you guys will be going more in depth on CAP soon. But, i think my question is already pretty much confirmed. just making sure....

# 33 thedream2k13 @ 08/25/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Good because these casuals think bball is all 3's and dunks. I hope this game forces them to learn

# 34 thedream2k13 @ 08/25/14 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration11
could i surmise from this statement, that, you guys have made it much more challenging to score on the perimeter this year?
I think it means driving the paint all game isnt gonna work.

# 35 turty11 @ 08/25/14 10:12 PM
i meantioned it on twitter earlier.

i think the reasoning behind removing the 1-3-1 has alot to do with the fact that its not an actual nba worthy defense.

its a college defense, you cant play it properly with the 3 second rule and its been mad broken on 2k..there was no reason to leave it in

# 36 STLRams @ 08/25/14 10:15 PM
Glad its gone, no team in the NBA runs a 1-3-1 zone, and hated playing cheesers that used it.

# 37 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/25/14 10:24 PM
The charge cheese sucked in 2K14. Glad it's gone. Guys would try to draw them all over the court as a strategy, it was really silly. It was avoidable if you walked it up court and took your time, but even then you could get caught in the animation sometimes.

# 38 BQ32 @ 08/25/14 10:48 PM
At first glance I was about to jump for joy, but then I realized, its not just these two exploits, the game was filled with gameplay issues such as PASSING, cumbersome animation playouts that cause turnovers/backcourts/out of bouds, sliding, warping, spacing, cheap defensive ai, exc. But the biggest issue is this momentum crap being implemented into all these sports games. I want my skill to dictate the outcomes not cpu generated dicerolls. I want to know that if I execute proficiently while my opponent plays one on one while jacking up contested shots all game I am going to have a LARGE advantage. I frequently would be in back in forth battles in 14 even while getting a good shot nearly every possession while my opponent would be taking low percentage shots the majority of the time.

# 39 MeloNYK7 @ 08/25/14 11:20 PM
I played a lot of competitive 2k14 and i would say i am fairly good. I have won about 95% of my games on 2k online or against my friends and after a while u start to see a pattern. First was 1-3-1. Literally everyone i played online or even my friends were running that cheese defense. Corner threes killed it but if you had no shooters or they were off someone who is a far lesser player that u can beat u. So i'm glad its gone. I switched back and forth between 1-3-1 n man. In 2K12-2k14 to be competitive u had to unfortunately run at least some 1-3-1 so i'm glad to say goodbye to it. Next would be how broken the charge was in 2k14. So hopefully they have fix the charge button too not just the charge cheese. Because sometimes i would actually take a charge, like stand there for 2 seconds, get hit, nothing happens it was crazy. You if u stand for at least 2 seconds and someone runs u over its a charge no matter where on the court and 2k14 missed some of those but instead gave charges to quick draws. LAST BUT NOT LEAST is the reaching. THIS HAS to be addressed. I rather have too much reach-in foul calls than none. It just disrupts people who actually run an offense like myself when someone is reaching 5 times and getting 1 reach-in call and maybe a steal on my all star point guard. Hope that wasn't too long, just wanted to give the perspective of someone who plays 99% of his games vs humans.

# 40 knick9 @ 08/26/14 12:05 AM
I actually liked playing against the 1-3-1 because I would run plays with shooters in the corners, drive and kick.

The real problem was the unrealistic defensive recovery speed and reaction. Quick releases were a must.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.