Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 is now available in stores. Be sure to read our review if you haven't gotten the game. If you have, leave your own impressions of your first play sessions in the comments below!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wastingstarling @ 08/26/14 05:03 AM
after a few hours of playing in cfm with a friend i started to really enjoy it....until we started to get a desync error again and again while playing against each other and it ends the game. I've seen this before in past maddens not on ps4 but thought it was a fixed problem, sadly i was wrong and i'm not sure how to fix this issue. If anyone knows how to fix this i would really appreciate it.

# 22 Cubfan @ 08/26/14 05:11 AM
Finished my first game on All-Pro 8 min quarters. Me Vikings CPU Browns. Browns 24 Vikings 14

Bridgewater 19/37 281 yards 1 td 3int
Manziel 9/12 105 yards 1td 1 int

Tate 28 att 128 yards 1 td
West 6 att 28 yards
Manziel 2 att 23 yards
Gray 1 att 5 yards

Good:
I liked that the CPU got a running game going.
Game looks really nice.
The AI defense was better then in past Maddens. I tried a second out route and the CB jumped it and returned it for a TD.

Bad:
I couldn't get much of a running game going.
Manziel was sacked because the AI had him running when pass plays were called. I also sacked him on a screen pass. Has this happened to anybody else?
Commentary is decent at times and bad in others.
Not fan of the new play call screen

# 23 timmg @ 08/26/14 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
Have both PS4 & XBone versions. For those still undecided between the systems, I will say that PS4 is noticeably smoother and visually better. Overall just plays better on the PS4. First time playing Madden on anything other than the Xbox since 2005. Guess it's time to move on. I'll post further impressions later. Good luck!
I agree, had xbox one ea pass, bought ps4 version, had both systems on at the same time, ps4 is alot brighter, colors seem to pop more(if that makes any sense) not sayin xb1 is bad looking, ps4 jus looks better.........not a fanboy at all, love but systems

# 24 glenzariczny @ 08/26/14 05:32 AM
Everything about this game is great except the absoultely horrific new playcalling feature, and what's worse. You cant turn it off. It's brutal

# 25 ultralow36 @ 08/26/14 05:35 AM
I rreally am liking it...ps4....and im gone from this board till next season carry on ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 26 glenzariczny @ 08/26/14 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Hands down the best Madden to date :apple:

And I didn't even bother getting the previous two Madden's after playing them a few times at a friends house to determine if it was worth the money.

The XB1 graphics/player models are fantastic, and really come to life, no more robots running around out there.

I love that ratings actually make a difference this year. If you put your rookie DE who is a 76-78 up against a Pro Bowl LT, you're going to get stone walled most of the game no matter how good you time your jump. And that's how it should be, AND that's just awesome.

Sim stats is kind of a meh point for me, but I'm sure that they will correct it in a few weeks. If not, there's a work around already in place in another thread that works pretty good (JMO)

I don't care about having 10 seconds to pick a play, because I always let the coach pick the play since I am an offline dynasty gamer. I don't want to cheese/spam the game by picking plays that I know will always work.

I give it an 8.5/10

If they fix the sim stats issue with QB's then it will be a 9.
What's the work around?

# 27 pies @ 08/26/14 07:03 AM
only real gripe right now is the defensive pass rush moves should've stayed on the right stick

the movement feels good and I can get used to the defensive camera, it makes things more interesting.

# 28 Gronk4M13 @ 08/26/14 07:22 AM
I played a short game between the Browns and Bengals last night as my first game but didn't finish it. This morning, I did some skill trainer, and now am in my first full game (Jets (me) vs Bills)

Obviously the presentation is just stunning. The graphics are breathtaking. I never got Madden 25 for PS4 so this is a whole new experience for me.

3-0 Jets at the half. I scored when EJ Manuel scrambled, fumbled and we recovered on their 40. I drove a few yards and kicked a FG.

The running is nice and smooth, IMO. We had a chance to do a two minute drill to end the second quarter but Geno Smith threw a few incomplete passes. I also user picked an endzone pass.

I love the halftime show.

Robert Woods just caught a drag, juked, broke a tackle and gained fifteen yards, nice play.

The Bills have no running game; 5 rushes for seven yards. Manuel just read his options on a passing play and scrambled for a first down. The Bills just tied it with a field goal. Manuel tried to scramble a few times and we stopped him. 3-3 after three quarters.

The RCW patch on the Bills' jerseys adds a nice touch.

I decided to go for it from midfield on fourth down, Geno got hit, incomplete pass, turnover on downs.

On third down, Spiller got a first down on a screen play. Now they're on the 29, clock's ticking We stop them, burned all three timeouts. They take a FG with 37 seconds to go. And I just threw an INT. Game over, I lose 6-3.

I already love this game. This was on default All Pro, 5 minute quarters.

EJ Manuel: 8/10, 102 yards,80%. 0 TD 1 INT. Geno Smith- 10/20, 91 yards,50%, 0 TD 1 INT.

Chris Johnson- 9 rush, 36 yards, 4.0 average. CJ Spiller- 12 rush, 18 yards, 1.5 average. EJ Manuel-5 rush, 18 yards.

So far I'd say my biggest complaint would be CPU's offense; Manuel completed 80% of his passes but Spiller barely got any running room. I might toy withsliders.

# 29 Cubfan @ 08/26/14 07:39 AM
Played my second game Chargers (Me) vs Ravens All-Pro 8 min quarters. Ravens 22 Chargers 7. Ravens were leading 15-7. I was driving and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and Clemens who had replaced the injured Rivers threw a pick 6 to seal the game. Really enjoying the game pick the wrong defense and the AI will carve you up. However the AI still needs work because they are throwing to many INTS. Neither team could get a run game going.

Flacco: 24/32 306 yards 3 INTs

Bernard Pierce 20 att 42 yards 1 td
Justin Forsett 6 att 29 yards

Rivers 14/23 140 yards 2 INT
Clemens 16/24 201 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Ryan Matthews 15 att 62 yards

# 30 jasondlt @ 08/26/14 07:55 AM
Jumped into playing at midnight. Helped Cam and the Panthers score to make it to the Super Bowl (while trying not to vomit in the process), then had my traditional Madden Opener that' I've had since Madden 98- My Bucs vs. Dolphins at Raymond James Stadium.Tried playing some from the defensive camera. It will definitely take some getting used to as it felt a little weird. I know the Bucs are pretty good on defense but I think I finished with 7 sacks, three by Gerald McCoy. Seems a bit powered. Even though I was giving Tannehill a beating, he was carving up my cover 2 until I mixed in some blitzing. Cover 2 is better but you're not going to be able to just sit in it or the Offensive AI will start attacking you in the middle of the field. That's good, I think. Offense was a different story. A lot of the plays I used last year to move down the field either resulted in incompletions or interceptions. Josh McCown had 5 picks. Glennon threw another. Definitely need some skills trainer time.It's early but first impressions are the game is beautiful. I'm not sure about the tackle animations. They look a bit weird to me. I hit Ryan Tannehill at the same time another Buc was getting there and he did a somersault. It was a fun game, even though the Dolphins kicked my ***. I finally got V-Jax and ASJ going in the second half and scored a couple touchdowns and got a couple decent runs with Doug and Jeff Demps. Solomon Patton, the rookie WR from Florida who won the Bucs KR job, is not in the game.BTW, I know in the uniform error thread someone was mentioning the Bucs were wrong because they had black/pewter socks. You can change them to 2014 Red. It was fun and exciting. Can't wait to get home from work and play some more.

# 31 Gronk4M13 @ 08/26/14 08:10 AM
Now I'm the Colts, hosting the Texans. I think the game still looks phenomenal in indoor stadiums. Laron Landry just made a great INT on a dropped pass. I just scored my first TD in a play-now game, an HB dive on the goaline to Trent Richardson.

They really did well with coach models- Bill O'Brien looks great. Ryan Fitzpatrick just missed a wide open Andre Johnson who still attempted to catch the ball, nice. A gong is sounding on a Texans third down, very cool (by gong, think Undertaker's theme.) D'quell Jackson just sacked Fitz-magic, who tried to scramble. Erik Walden sacked him again the next play. 3rd and 16-Foster catches a pass for 15 yards. Texans take a FG. Luck has 1:53. Luck scrambled out of the pocket then fired a fifteen yard pass to TY Hilton, who caught it. Luck just threw a one yard TD to Dwayne Allen who held on in traffic. 14-3 Colts at the half. In all of my 3 play now games, I've seen no penalties thus far. Fitzpatrick scrambles for a first down, then Foster runs for 15.

Fitzpatrick just audibled and threw a TD to Martin for seventeen yards.Texans fail 2 PT conversion score is 14-9 Colts after three.

TY Hilton just spun/broke a tackle for a big gain. Richardson just ran for twenty and was stopped on the one yard line. Clowney sacked me on the goaline, I fumbled, Brooks Reed recovered!! Werner sacked Fitzpatrick who get hit from high/low on the play. As Cory Redding, I user sacked Fitz-magic. And now the gong sound again on third down, very cool. Fitzpatrick threw a deep ball, Hopkins jumped for it but the CPU defender laid a big hit on him, incomplete, Texans punt. Clowney hits Luck, incomplete, we punt.

Werner just face masked Fitzpatrick, first penalty I've seen. Fitz was just sacked for the fifth time. But he found Martin on third down for a twenty yard gain. Martin just caught a 5 yard TD pass with :53 seconds, it was a very nice back corner catch. Texans fail the 2 pt conversion score is 15-14 Texans.

Luck has 50 seconds. Very cool presentation aspect, they had a graphic saying I had to get to the 35 yard line for Vinatieri's FG range. Dwayne Allen caught a pass at their 39, and changed direction to follow the blocking, running 39 yards for a TD with 20 seconds left! He did a funny dance as a celebration. Fitzpatrick threw a Hail Mary as he was hit, and it was picked off. We win 22-15 my first win on Madden 15. Post game highlights add a nice touch.

Luck-17/25, 226 yards, 68%,2 TDs, no INTs. Fitzpatrick-13/17, 119 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs.

Richardson- 12 rush, 69 yards, 5.7 average, 1 TD. 1 fumble, longest was 21 yard run. Foster- 9 rush, 53 yards, 5.8 average, Fitzpatrick 3 rush, 25 yards, 8.3 average.

Dwayne Allen- 7 catches, 107 yards, 2 TDs. Keshawn Martin- 4 catches, 47 yards, 2 TDs.

Fitzpatrick was sacked five times by 5 different rushers.

I will adjust sliders to tune down accuracy, probably up defender's ability, and increase penalties.

# 32 kackle85 @ 08/26/14 08:11 AM
Its interesting how expectations effect impressions. I have been reading impressions on this game for nearly a week now and have heard more positive things than I can ever remember about a Madden game. I had planned on getting the game all along but due to the overwhelming positive reviews and impressions I decided I had to have this game at midnight last night. Well.....it's still very much a Madden game and I found myself feeling disappointed at first but after a few games I can tell it's definitely a better game of Madden than usual but still not anything special IMO.

# 33 JayBee74 @ 08/26/14 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Played my second game Chargers (Me) vs Ravens All-Pro 8 min quarters. Ravens 22 Chargers 7. Ravens were leading 15-7. I was driving and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and Clemens who had replaced the injured Rivers threw a pick 6 to seal the game. Really enjoying the game pick the wrong defense and the AI will carve you up. However the AI still needs work because they are throwing to many INTS. Neither team could get a run game going.

Flacco: 24/32 306 yards 3 INTs

Bernard Pierce 20 att 42 yards 1 td
Justin Forsett 6 att 29 yards

Rivers 14/23 140 yards 2 INT
Clemens 16/24 201 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Ryan Matthews 15 att 62 yards

Does it mention Pierce's concussion? I assume Ray Rice is suspended.

# 34 JMD @ 08/26/14 08:44 AM
I've only played two games so far , both me the Chiefs at home against the Broncos and Patriots. Lost both on default all pro. That's never happened before, and it's a good thing.

So far my only complaint is the lack of time I have go pick a play on defense.

# 35 Malcd9583 @ 08/26/14 09:11 AM
I got the game midnight last night first thing off the bat I noticed was the graphics huge leap from madden 25. True step feels much smoother as I don't get that running in mud feeling with the person I'm controlling. The overall speed of the game is much faster. Zone D And tackling are a good thing to witness and execute. Qb inaccuracies actually work, I was playing a friend online he had the cowboys and I was sending the heat and romo was off the mark all night. One thing that concerned me the double moves on againsts man to man coverage get to much separation that which is not good at all being they fixed this in madden 25 because it was present in madden 13 now back for 15. Other then that if your didn't buy you should, defense is back.

# 36 booker21 @ 08/26/14 09:21 AM
Played a game and a quarter. I was expecting basically the same madden 15 for ps3 but with HD graphics. I was wrong. The game plays entirely different.

As a CB I love that I can't cover a wr backpedalling now I have to turn. The qb was not robo as I read but I can see other qb being too accurate. I threw pretty bad but I have to get use to the different feel.

Overall I love it.

Specially how I can't turn on a dime with the defender. That wr blocks. When I made a tackle with the cb it felt really rewarding.

Love the few overthrows and how wr and db try to deflect/catch even if they are out of range.

The game has some all time madden flaws. Penalties doesn't work. Subs doesn't work as they should. The good news is I saw the CPU starter run for 24 and the 2nd string got 7 carries. Not sure if is was the fatigue or the design play but the result was nice seeing more than one rb with carries.

# 37 Cowboy008 @ 08/26/14 09:23 AM
I'm really enjoying Madden this year. I did the skills trainer first because it's been a while since I played. Will be doing a test CFM later today.

# 38 Mbalmer @ 08/26/14 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfjsfj
well suction tackling is back

I've read this a few times here. To bad, but maybe a necessary evil without a complete physics based system? I haven't played since Madden 10, so I can overlook this for a year.....I guess. Really just want to play....

# 39 bestout51683 @ 08/26/14 09:43 AM
Anyone that says this is madden 25 with a few improvements is crazy. The game play has made a tremendous leap. Most noticeably to me would be the zone defenses and the need for the user to mix up their play calling in online or offline games.

Once you get use to the new play calling screen, I noticed that it really helps you mix up your play calling. I like to to use the concept section to mix up my play calling.

# 40 The JareBear @ 08/26/14 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Wow.....extremely disapointed right now and the game just feels really robotic and clunky. The playcall screen is absolutely brutal and the CPU calls plays immedialty and it gives you 10 seconds to pick a play and with the absolute brutal layout of the playcall screen it's hard to even pick a formation in 10 seconds.

Really bummed with this game initially.
Are you, by chance, ps4 digital?

I'm having slight issues too (I'm ps4 digital) that I didn't notice on X1 access time. Nothin huge but just slight menu lag and play calling screen in game seems a little unresponsive some times. I might reinstall or try the disc version

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.