Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 is now available in stores. Be sure to read our review if you haven't gotten the game. If you have, leave your own impressions of your first play sessions in the comments below!

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bsurocksrule @ 08/26/14 11:18 AM
Anyone tried coachglass yet? I am excited to use this feature. How is it?

# 62 JazzMan @ 08/26/14 11:22 AM
I've played 3 games without touching the sliders and I have seen 0 penalties.

# 63 Kramer5150 @ 08/26/14 11:23 AM
Played a bit more last night,mainly adjusting the penalty sliders....and was able to get facemasking,offsides,false start and roughing the passer.

With the amount of penalties being called this year in the preseason,I don't mind that facemask seemed to be the most consistent penalty called.

Those that are complaining about not seeing any penalties....adjust some sliders for crying out loud. Obviously the big ones have yet to be called (if ever)...but you CAN get the ones I mentioned called....at least it's something.

I too wish EA could've gotten the proper penalties in the game...but sadly it's not the case...but to say "there are no penalties",is simply false....especially when I see so many saying everything is at default.

# 64 Skyboxer @ 08/26/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Thanks for feedback sky

Not even holding is getting called?

I'm not ready to officially say this game is great, but I've seen some really realistic stuff that has me excited to dive in deep. I will elaborate later

Other than choppiness in my digital version I'm very intrigued so far
I've had a few holds, quite a few false starts by CPU (Had to lower that as it was becoming annoying), roughing the passer, facemasks, and 2 unnecessary roughness calls.

What I meant by the slider comment was things like PI and the ones we never get called.. still don't do anything.
Other than wanting PI .. I'm not one that needs a whole lot of penalties called.
It's funny how within 2 games after I got the game I had a unnecessary roughness called... Haven't had one the past 10 games or so.
So something early on was allowing it to be triggered.. just don't know what.
Maybe default sliders?? Who knows.

# 65 vrtkolman @ 08/26/14 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Ok so something just happened that surprised me because i've never seen the CPU do it before, and kinda annoyed me because it's one of the biggest H2H Online complaints there was, but I stopped the CPU (Redskins) on 3rd down, in order to force a punt and give me a chance to comeback from 4 points down, but instead they went for it, and converted; and ended my hope of winning. :/ (41-37 this time).
I love the sound of that! AI in past Maddens have never had that sense or urgency or killer instinct so this is good to hear.

# 66 meatmets @ 08/26/14 11:38 AM
Feels like there is alot less space for the WR's to run free so far. I like it!

Game looks incredible and sounds better too

# 67 Skyboxer @ 08/26/14 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
I love the sound of that! AI in past Maddens have never had that sense or urgency or killer instinct so this is good to hear.
This is one area that is great in Madden 15. The whole unpredictable AI.
Fake punts, QB bootlegs etc..
I love it.

# 68 jbd345 @ 08/26/14 11:59 AM
Loving the game so far. The Ralph is spot on even down to one local advertising spot (M&T Bank) as a season ticket holder this is very impressive too see. The progressive lighting is a thing of beauty. Not really having any issues that some ps4 digital users are having. Overall I'd give it a 9/10.

# 69 ChampIsHere42 @ 08/26/14 12:00 PM
The one complaint i have so far is wrs running out of bounds instead of stopping and going for the first down. I cant even stop the momentum of my players. Even if they catch a ball on the numbers, sometimes i can just barely get them turned before stepping out and sometimes i cant at all.

# 70 Deflo_ @ 08/26/14 12:10 PM
Graphics are sliiick

# 71 orion523 @ 08/26/14 12:18 PM
First off, I'm not the type of person to say these things lightly, I've been around a long time and basically seen it all when it comes to sports games, that said, This is the greatest football game ever made.....on the field. Better than the early Gameday's, better than those late PS2 Madden's, and yes better than NFL 2K5. IMO there's no denying it, even if you want to.
Off the field, I haven't dove in deep enough to give a definitive answer. Of course sim stats need fixing, and from what folks are saying the progression system concerns me, but other than that I really can't comment yet. Gameplay though? Best ever.

# 72 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/26/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISKO82
A Football game without PASS INTERFERENCE is not Football, BROKEN!!! 😭😭
So they haven't fixed this???? This is the reason I stopped buying Madden last gen.

# 73 tyberious4now @ 08/26/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
First off, I'm not the type of person to say these things lightly, I've been around a long time and basically seen it all when it comes to sports games, that said, This is the greatest football game ever made.....on the field. Better than the early Gameday's, better than those late PS2 Madden's, and yes better than NFL 2K5. IMO there's no denying it, even if you want to.
Off the field, I haven't dove in deep enough to give a definitive answer. Of course sim stats need fixing, and from what folks are saying the progression system concerns me, but other than that I really can't comment yet. Gameplay though? Best ever.
I agree with everything you said....this game is amazing😆

# 74 zizoux @ 08/26/14 12:28 PM
IMO passing game is much more realistic this year. I haven't felt much pressure at all-pro difficulty. Because I'm able to read the defense and scan the field fast after the snap. Most of the time I get rid of the ball in 2-3 seconds. So I up the difficulty to All-Madden.
With the pass rush and tight defense I kind of freaked out lol. I've become more alert when playing the game. This is the feeling I've always wanted from a football game. And finally I've got it.
If CPU QBs werent so willing to take sacks, I would be so happy.
I hope some sliders adjustments or a patch fix this.

I appreciate the devs at EA

If you are a football fan you shouldn't miss out on this game. You will get your sim experience

# 75 booker21 @ 08/26/14 12:41 PM
Two only complains.

QB a tad to accurate
CPU taking sacks

The rest is really good

# 76 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/26/14 12:41 PM
WRs momentum carry them out of bounds too much on out routes. Even when they have space to stop, they don't turn up field, they continue going out of bounds. I am so not use to QBs doing jumping passes. RG3 did that a lot against me.

Upping the run blocking definitely helps the running game for the CPU and User. By default offensive linemen don't hold their block at all and most running plays end up as a tackle for a lost for both sides when you are using the default camera on both sides.

Conservative tackle seems to be way over powered, to the point it feels like the ball carrier is sucked into the defender no matter the angle the defender is at. Been many times I thought a ball carrier was about to burst through a wide open hole just for him to get sucked into the single arm of a defender and get pulled down.

Physics is done right this year though for the most part. Reason I said for the most part is that QBs, even the small ones tend to shrug off defensive linemen a tad bit too often. And I swear some of these QB hits should be fumbles and not incomplete passes.

Play call menu looks butt ugly, but I have gotten use to it. I noticed there isn't an assisted tackles stat category. I do like all the new cut scenes and player interactions after plays.

# 77 Zeffy @ 08/26/14 12:46 PM
Something that I have noticed and I don't know why I haven't seen anybody say anything about it in this thread, but why does it seem like the CPU is like, half-controlling my guy? If I want to make a cut, at least half of the time the HB will not respond at all and continue going into the hole (at least the one that he should hit, even if its not open). I'm not new to Madden or football in general, but it's difficult for me to run the zone game when there's no open holes on the left but a massive cutback lane that the HB refuses to cut into even when I try the Precision Modifier to slow down or juke into it. Last year and in previous editions, it was as simple as cutting back with the left analog stick and that does not work for me either. This also applies to WRs and TEs in the open field, it's very difficult to set up blocks by cutting behind other receivers aiming for a defender to hit - didn't notice it on QB scrambles or designed runs. Playing PS4 digital on All-Pro. Is that the game trying to "correct" my running? Because if so, it's really not helping me much. Sometimes it does help me hit the right hole in a power run, but that's not often.

Otherwise, just the same as everybody's been saying. The playcalling time is too short on D, kinda clunky and pretty annoying (because I dont see why everything has to move on the screen when you flip through formations, though I do like how each base formation is easily accessable unlike last year.). The passing game is "harder", but then again, I've never been one to toss the 'skin around. In three games I've gotten a lot better at recognizing defenses and seeing when somebody won't be open. Checkdowns are so much easier to hit now in this game. In M25 I couldn't dump a flat or curl to my HB and get positive yards to save my life; now, it really emulates real life, I think.

I've also noticed that my defenders seem to slow down a lot when they try to make tackles, but that was kinda alleviated when I turned off the tackling cone and heat seek. It just seemed like the CPU takes over for me and then is in horrible position to do anything. I got blown out by the Pats in the preseason, Ridley and Vereen both had 60+ TD runs because i'd take control of a guy to make a tackle, then he would slow down ridiculously so that he couldnt even make a touchdown-saving angle.

I've never played on next gen before, but I love the graphics. Some things are a little awkward, but overall, a big improvement from M25. It's release week, there of course will be bugs. Hopefully they get fixed. I'd recommend anybody who's still thinking about it to get it.

# 78 Ampking101 @ 08/26/14 12:58 PM
Honestly with my short time with the game so far. I have very little if any complaints. Everything feels so much more realistic.

The players feel like they actually have weight to them and that momentum actually matters. This also makes running the ball much more enjoyable as it feels like I have more control especially when it comes to situations in the open field.

The passing game feels much more fluid and seems much more realistic with the way that routes are run and how the interact with defenders.

Defense feels much more fluid. It is going to take some getting used to now that they have moved from the arcade like feel with defense. The o-line vs d-line interaction actually feels very nice, it gives the game life and makes it feel like fighting in the trenches matters. Before you just got lucky and broke through, now it feels like you have a chance to make an impact and collapse the pocket in this one. Passing defense works, that's all I know to say on that. Your guys are actually where they are supposed to be most of the time and they don't make head scratching mistakes like the previous iterations.

Overall I am very happy with the way things feel so far. My opinions may change somewhat once I've had more time with it but at the moment, I have no complaints. Leaps and bounds better than any Madden on the last gen.

# 79 str8outtajerzy @ 08/26/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
Something that I have noticed and I don't know why I haven't seen anybody say anything about it in this thread, but why does it seem like the CPU is like, half-controlling my guy? If I want to make a cut, at least half of the time the HB will not respond at all and continue going into the hole (at least the one that he should hit, even if its not open). I'm not new to Madden or football in general, but it's difficult for me to run the zone game when there's no open holes on the left but a massive cutback lane that the HB refuses to cut into even when I try the Precision Modifier to slow down or juke into it. Last year and in previous editions, it was as simple as cutting back with the left analog stick and that does not work for me either. This also applies to WRs and TEs in the open field, it's very difficult to set up blocks by cutting behind other receivers aiming for a defender to hit - didn't notice it on QB scrambles or designed runs. Playing PS4 digital on All-Pro. Is that the game trying to "correct" my running? Because if so, it's really not helping me much. Sometimes it does help me hit the right hole in a power run, but that's not often.

Otherwise, just the same as everybody's been saying. The playcalling time is too short on D, kinda clunky and pretty annoying (because I dont see why everything has to move on the screen when you flip through formations, though I do like how each base formation is easily accessable unlike last year.). The passing game is "harder", but then again, I've never been one to toss the 'skin around. In three games I've gotten a lot better at recognizing defenses and seeing when somebody won't be open. Checkdowns are so much easier to hit now in this game. In M25 I couldn't dump a flat or curl to my HB and get positive yards to save my life; now, it really emulates real life, I think.

I've also noticed that my defenders seem to slow down a lot when they try to make tackles, but that was kinda alleviated when I turned off the tackling cone and heat seek. It just seemed like the CPU takes over for me and then is in horrible position to do anything. I got blown out by the Pats in the preseason, Ridley and Vereen both had 60+ TD runs because i'd take control of a guy to make a tackle, then he would slow down ridiculously so that he couldnt even make a touchdown-saving angle.

I've never played on next gen before, but I love the graphics. Some things are a little awkward, but overall, a big improvement from M25. It's release week, there of course will be bugs. Hopefully they get fixed. I'd recommend anybody who's still thinking about it to get it.
Go to settings, there is an option for user assist (or something like that) it sounds like that may be on in your case. Sorry I can't tell you the exact name, but I'm working right now getting my Madden fix through you guys.

# 80 Bootzilla @ 08/26/14 01:07 PM
Man, I don't know.... It's a decent game but the replay value for the offline gamer will be tied entirely to the sim stat/progression getting fixed. If it doesn't get patched correctly and quickly this game, while definitely improved, will ultimately be a fail.

My take on the game on All-Pro default: I've only labbed with the Broncos (me) vs. the Chargers (cpu). I'm not ready to mess with sliders just yet because I've gotten really different results on default.

Passing Game: (User) I like it. Granted I've only played with Peyton so I really haven't had too many errant throws. The defense will mix it up against you and pose a decent challenge but ultimately if you're familiar with football and understand Madden concepts it's not really hard unless you get impatient.

Passing Game: (Cpu) Again I've only played against Phillip Rivers and he did complete almost 70% of his passes last season. Early on he was shredding my defense. Then I mixed up my calls better, showed different looks and got much better. I've had games where Rivers started out 9 for 9 and other games where he started out 0 for 6. The main negative is that the cpu QB takes too many sacks. Had 10 sacks one game. Essentially if you called a good defensive play and no one is open the QB will just hold the ball and take the sack. Last game in Rivers' first 8 drop backs, 4 sacks 4 inc.

Running Game: (User) Maybe it's a Montee Ball thing but the Broncos line really struggles to hold blocks. Essentially don't even try to run outside. Also, you almost have to a numerical advantage (more blockers than defenders) to win in the running game. Pretty much regardless of formation the cpu defense is going to be playing the run on 1st down.

Running Game: (Cpu) Not bad. Not really different than in the past. However, it is still too easy to shut it down even playing dime or quarters. Kind of wish they had run reaction sliders this year. I really don't know if for user or cpu if the blocking is that bad or if the reaction time is just too good.

Bottom Line: Plays pretty decent out of the box aside from the cpu QB holding the ball too long and an overall lack of penalties. Honestly, I played the Season Ticket 360 version and really the only difference appears to be the running game is easier for the user and a bit more dynamic for the cpu on 360.

Other negatives in my opinion are the speed in which the cpu calls plays on offense. Really hard to navigate and set up your defense. Hurry up is also WAY too fast. Entire team set up at the lie of scrimmage and snapping the ball in milliseconds.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.