Home
NHL 15 News Post

After posting a six hour time limit for the EA Access version of NHL 15, then taking it down, EA is now confirming NHL 15 will have a six hour time limit for EA Access subscribers.

Look for it on Thursday, September 4th. A time hasn't been confirmed, but it will most likely be at noon EST, give or take a few hours.

Quote:
EA Access trials for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be going live this month and we want to give you the details on what to expect. All EA Access members will get six hours with each game, and as always, you will be able to play each game five days before the release date.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 adayinthelife @ 09/02/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckus
EA Confirmed this morning that you can pre-order the game on XBOX ONE on thursday and can play 6 hours of the game before launch on tuesday.

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-access-bri...r?sf30565666=1
Good find. Too bad, I was hoping for unlimited (or at least better than Madden) access, but I'll take it.

# 2 Dos_Santos @ 09/02/14 01:42 PM
I know I am in the minority, but I have no problem with the 6 hour trial period. Obviously I would like unlimited access, but all I need is a few hours to see if it is worth buying or not at Best Buy. And the 6 hours accomplishes that.

$30 insurance plus free games is a no brainer for me.

I just wish Rivals was up for free by now.

# 3 BenVenom @ 09/02/14 01:42 PM
Thanks reckus, was def thinking that with the surveys ea emailed out that they were reconsidering the 6 hour limit. Apparently not.

# 4 Semipro91 @ 09/02/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
I know I am in the minority, but I have no problem with the 6 hour trial period. Obviously I would like unlimited access, but all I need is a few hours to see if it is worth buying or not at Best Buy. And the 6 hours accomplishes that.

that's a solid point.

For someone who is for sure buying the game though, this upsets me.

# 5 scottyp180 @ 09/02/14 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

Completely agree. I don't understand the complaints. EA isn't going to just give games away for free 5 days before release. Some people are just never satisfied.

# 6 adayinthelife @ 09/02/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Completely agree. I don't understand the complaints. EA isn't going to just give games away for free 5 days before release. Some people are just never satisfied.
Mostly this. I think around these parts people may come off as more pissed off if only because with the sports titles we've had Season Ticket for a few years, which granted full access.

I'd prefer that access, but this is still good value. I signed up for a month for $5 and will get 6 hours of Madden, NHL and FIFA when it's all said and done (I already have the vault games I would want).

# 7 murph17 @ 09/02/14 03:51 PM
i'm sure things will be different next year. it seems to be partially a limitation of the XB1 Store features as well. i read the early access copy was still playable after the launch. so they are trying to balance out early-access vs giving away 24 hour free gameplay rentals.

# 8 13whitebread @ 09/02/14 03:52 PM
EA worst company award consecutively.....?

# 9 adayinthelife @ 09/02/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
EA worst company award consecutively.....?
Give it a rest. Don't want to support the early access in it's time limited state? Keep your $5.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 09/02/14 03:59 PM
You can always buy more time if you want by creating another profile. I'll actually get 12 hrs with NHL because I bought more time with Madden.

# 11 bigwill33 @ 09/02/14 04:06 PM
Regardless if you are okay with the deal or not, it is just bad business practice to pull what EA did here.

Releasing a product for purchase and then providing the details behind it is shady to the consumer. Especially when I am sure they realized that most people familiar with their former service of Season Ticket would be used to the unlimited access.

Was it on me to have a sense of "buyer beware" and realize the details were not provided quite yet before making my purchase? Of course. But that will not change how I feel about what happened and my feelings towards a company that has been a complete joke with the handling of their PR and some of their game's info, NHL especially!

If they would have said six hours at the very beginning, or at least prior to making the service available for purchase, I am sure people would be a lot more reasonable on this. So I wouldn't be too harsh towards those that are upset about how all of this went down. Including those of us still upset that the time with these titles is limited, especially to only 6 hours (which is not much with a game that takes longer to play like Madden).

In a vacuum 6 hours might be "fair" or "reasonable", but not after what EA has done with consumer relations of late. Sorry. This is part of the reason I am considering skipping NHL 15, especially at full price and at launch.

# 12 adayinthelife @ 09/02/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Regardless if you are okay with the deal or not, it is just bad business practice to pull what EA did here.

Releasing a product for purchase and then providing the details behind it is shady to the consumer. Especially when I am sure they realized that most people familiar with their former service of Season Ticket would be used to the unlimited access.

Was it on me to have a sense of "buyer beware" and realize the details were not provided quite yet before making my purchase? Of course. But that will not change how I feel about what happened and my feelings towards a company that has been a complete joke with the handling of their PR and some of their game's info, NHL especially!

If they would have said six hours at the very beginning, or at least prior to making the service available for purchase, I am sure people would be a lot more reasonable on this. So I wouldn't be too harsh towards those that are upset about how all of this went down. Including those of us still upset that the time with these titles is limited, especially to only 6 hours (which is not much with a game that takes longer to play like Madden).

In a vacuum 6 hours might be "fair" or "reasonable", but not after what EA has done with consumer relations of late. Sorry. This is part of the reason I am considering skipping NHL 15, especially at full price and at launch.
Fair enough, but there was absolutely no reason to purchase EA Access as soon as it was available if your only intentions were to make use of the early release features. It's not like people downloaded Madden and only then discovered it was a 6 hour trial, we found out a few days before it went up.

I'll agree that the lack of info with the program was a sketchy move (as is a lot of the stuff EA Sports has been doing recently), but I feel like this really was a case of 'buyer beware' as you mentioned, especially when it sounds like most people were already untrusting of EA.

As mentioned, given the lack of info and lack of interest in the vault games I decided to wait until the day Madden went up to purchase a single month subscription and will be getting 3 trials out of it. That simply doesn't seem like a bad deal for $5. If these were unlimited trials, or if they just brought Season Ticket over to PS4/XB1 wholesale as it had been run previously, I would've been all over the more expensive option.

# 13 ajs41072 @ 09/02/14 04:25 PM
I'd like more, but I’m ok with six hours of gameplay, but if you want to set your HUT up, create a player, it all takes time away from being in game. It’s not the ideal way to play a game, with always having the EA Early Access clock in the back of your mind, but that’s what it is. I wish they’d tell you more precisely how much time you have, rather than “less than 2 hours”. If I have 1 hour and 50 minutes that could mean 4 or 5 games, but if I have 1 hour and 5 minutes, it could mean 2 or 3 (depending on settings).

# 14 Dos_Santos @ 09/02/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
that's a solid point.

For someone who is for sure buying the game though, this upsets me.
I hear you and get it your point.

With college football, NFL, fights, etc...I don't think I will will ever get to 6 hours before the retail release.

I only need an hour at most to realize how big of a turd a game is (ie UFC, Madden 15, etc.).

The good news about NHL is I only have a cursory knowledge of the sport so the things that drive you guys crazy, I can't see them. So I only need an hour to see if I can find a good difficulty and to verify it is fun or not. This is especially important because BB does not have a $10 preorder cert tied to this like Madden, FIFA, etc.

# 15 hobbs2121 @ 09/02/14 05:56 PM
Would you like your 5 dollars back?

# 16 brunnoce @ 09/02/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You can always buy more time if you want by creating another profile. I'll actually get 12 hrs with NHL because I bought more time with Madden.
But can u use the same save games? for instance, suppose i start a career mode with my main gamertag, will i be able to load it up with this scondary one?

# 17 snc237 @ 09/02/14 07:15 PM
Sigh. To me season ticket held more value

# 18 aholbert32 @ 09/03/14 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
But can u use the same save games? for instance, suppose i start a career mode with my main gamertag, will i be able to load it up with this scondary one?
Yes you can. You can switch gamertags while in the game to access your old saves.

# 19 13whitebread @ 09/03/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Give it a rest. Don't want to support the early access in it's time limited state? Keep your $5.
I'll keep it

# 20 Mgbleu1986 @ 09/03/14 12:17 PM
What's the point, ust play the demo for 6 hours

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.