Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Andre Drummond just tweeted out his NBA 2K15 player rating, along with a screenshot of himself in the game.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
People who say Drummond has no offensive isn't doing any homework. He has less of his made baskets assisted than people like Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, and Anthony Davis.

Drummond post game is raw and mostly basic, but it certain isn't nonexistent. When you couple his budding post game with his elite level touch around the basket I think in his prime he surpasses Howard especially offensively.

This is just a taste of his offensive skillset.

Less assisted baskets because likely 90% of his points come from offensive rebounds. He legit has less post moves and inside footwork than even Dwight, IMO.

Elite level touch? Idk about that but I won't argue it, I haven't even heard the few Pistons fans on here say that though.

He may pass Dwight in his prime, who knows. But that doesn't justify his rating for next season. When he can carry a team offensively, carry a team to the finals or even playoffs, average over 20 points on just 11 shots, and have playoff averages like Dwight has had, then maybe we can get back to that discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 62 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Dwight was not the reason Houston got bumped. He is really hard to guard in the post one on one. He has simple moves but they work. He has jump hooks, a fast dribble drive and he makes reverse layups at a high clip.

He averaged 26 and 14, he was definitely not the reason they lost. Let's point the finger at Harden who's defense was non existent and refused to stop jacking up bad jumpers every trip up the court.. He took 9 threes per game despite the fact he was only hitting 29% of them, ridiculous.

# 63 Sundown @ 09/05/14 11:51 PM
Okay, from the other thread, I have to say I have a MAJOR problem with Bogut being rated an 80 while Drummond is a 83.

Bogut is easily better and more important in his role anchoring a top defensive team than Drummond, and is currently just a much better player overall. It's just the injury concerns.

This makes me worried the new system may overrate athleticism again and depresses the value of bigs who just effectively do their jobs because they're simply better and smarter basketball players. Not to mention Bogut's offensive facilitating smarts beyond his own shot making. Bogut should at least be an 85 given role and how hugely important big men are. He's 2nd or 3rd in importance behind Curry and on the tier of Jordan, Noah, healthy Tyson Chandler, Hibbert (when you average him out), etc. and as a homer I'd say he's better than some of them.

# 64 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/05/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Right there with you. I would not trade him for ANY other center in the league. Including Howard.

I wasn't saying he should be 90. I was saying that if ANY center were a 90, it should be him. That's all. I'd say he's and Howard are 88-89.
Odd. I didnt think Portland had a chance at Oden so I wanted Batum and Noah. They had two picks I wanted them to go French. Noah was tough at Florida. I was also high on Drummond.

# 65 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/14 02:52 AM
Deleted. Tapatalk sucks

# 66 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/14 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Odd. I didnt think Portland had a chance at Oden so I wanted Batum and Noah. They had two picks I wanted them to go French. Noah was tough at Florida. I was also high on Drummond.
I wanted Young. But I'm cool with what we got.

# 67 gremdog8 @ 09/06/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Okay, from the other thread, I have to say I have a MAJOR problem with Bogut being rated an 80 while Drummond is a 83.

Bogut is easily better and more important in his role anchoring a top defensive team than Drummond, and is currently just a much better player overall. It's just the injury concerns.

This makes me worried the new system may overrate athleticism again and depresses the value of bigs who just effectively do their jobs because they're simply better and smarter basketball players. Not to mention Bogut's offensive facilitating smarts beyond his own shot making. Bogut should at least be an 85 given role and how hugely important big men are. He's 2nd or 3rd in importance behind Curry and on the tier of Jordan, Noah, healthy Tyson Chandler, Hibbert (when you average him out), etc. and as a homer I'd say he's better than some of them.
I agree somewhat on what your saying but making Bogut a 85? I don't see that, only centers in the game I think should even be consider to be 85 or better is Howard and Noah with possibility of Cousins and Marc Gasol .. before anybody says Anthony Davis, he is going to play PF with Asik.

# 68 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/14 11:27 AM
Davis is going to blow up this year. He is still a center even of he will play PF with Asik.

# 69 eko718 @ 09/06/14 12:06 PM
To say if this player is x, this player should be z doesn't even make sense, because the overall rating is not really even a rating at all, it is a visual composite of individual ratings. For me, as long as the individual rankings are accurate across the board, that is the important thing. The overalls can fall as they fall.

Overalls can look nice and tidy and in line with general expectation(though you can NEVER please everyone with this) but if you look under the hood and find stuff like Kyrie Irving(one of the worst on-ball defenders last year) having a 78 on the ball defense while Patrick Beverley(one of the best on-ball defenders last two years) has a 74 for on the ball D, then these are issues that ruin the game and cause a lack of realism.

Staying on Kyrie, I'm more concerned about his outrageously inaccurate 95 speed and 92 vertical ratings(2K14) than modifying it so that Lillard can be rated one point lower overall than he is, simply because someone thinks "Kyrie is better than Lillard" and attaches that expectation to the overall rating.

There have been for years so many ratings in 2K that were an absolute disorganized mess with no rhyme or reason and plenty of exaggeration. I'm glad that at least it appears that the game will be freshly rated this year, rating by rating, and hopefully according to a scale that weighs data more heavily than fandom. If they do that, I say let the 'overall' chips fall where they may.

# 70 ojandpizza @ 09/06/14 02:32 PM
Here is the only problem I have with Drummond's rating of an 83.

It has be claimed that only 4 guys are rated in the 90's correct? We have LeBron and Durant for sure. I'm going to assume Chris Paul is a 3rd..

That leaves Dwight/Melo/Harden/Curry/Aldridge/Blake/Love/Westbrook/George/Davis/ and whoever else might possibly be able to crack the 90's..

Let's say a couple of those guys are 88's that means they only separate themselves from Drummond by 5 points. There is a MUCH larger gap than that between Drummond and the leagues elite stars. How much of a gap does that create between the other guys who aren't quite at that top level? Guys like Wall/Klay/Kyrie/Gasol/Jefferson/Cousins/DeRozan/Lillard/Wade/Bosh, etc.. Is there a chance Drummond is actually better than them, or even other guys he might not should be?

And I know we say "overall is just a number" and that's true to an extent.. If I'm just at home playing a quick game against the CPU or a friend then overall really means nothing.. But I've always been a franchise/dynasty/myGM guy.. That's pretty much all I play. And overall does play a factor. It determines who starts on the computer teams, how much trade value a player has, the types of touches the player gets, etc.

# 71 luda06 @ 09/06/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
There is a MUCH larger gap than that between Drummond and the leagues elite stars.
There isn't. Drummond is either top 10 or 15 in the league, based on a variety of player efficiency metrics, such as WS/48, PER, nERD, etc.

# 72 ojandpizza @ 09/06/14 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
There isn't. Drummond is either top 10 or 15 in the league, based on a variety of player efficiency metrics, such as WS/48, PER, nERD, etc.

What's your point?

# 73 luda06 @ 09/06/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza

What's your point?

My point is your assessment is most likely incorrect.

# 74 stillfeelme @ 09/06/14 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
To say if this player is x, this player should be z doesn't even make sense, because the overall rating is not really even a rating at all, it is a visual composite of individual ratings. For me, as long as the individual rankings are accurate across the board, that is the important thing. The overalls can fall as they fall.

Overalls can look nice and tidy and in line with general expectation(though you can NEVER please everyone with this) but if you look under the hood and find stuff like Kyrie Irving(one of the worst on-ball defenders last year) having a 78 on the ball defense while Patrick Beverley(one of the best on-ball defenders last two years) has a 74 for on the ball D, then these are issues that ruin the game and cause a lack of realism.

Staying on Kyrie, I'm more concerned about his outrageously inaccurate 95 speed and 92 vertical ratings(2K14) than modifying it so that Lillard can be rated one point lower overall than he is, simply because someone thinks "Kyrie is better than Lillard" and attaches that expectation to the overall rating.

There have been for years so many ratings in 2K that were an absolute disorganized mess with no rhyme or reason and plenty of exaggeration. I'm glad that at least it appears that the game will be freshly rated this year, rating by rating, and hopefully according to a scale that weighs data more heavily than fandom. If they do that, I say let the 'overall' chips fall where they may

Preach man couldn't have said it better myself. Let the stats fall where they may and just be consistent. I am very interested to see where Kyrie falls. He had a bad year shooting mid range and just average from three.

# 75 Boilerbuzz @ 09/06/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Preach man couldn't have said it better myself. Let the stats fall where they may and just be consistent. I am very interested to see where Kyrie falls. He had a bad year shooting mid range and just average from three.

LoL. Yeah right. You say that, but when Scrub A is 1 point higher than perennial All Star B, all hell will break lose and you guys would be at the front of the linch mob.

# 76 stillfeelme @ 09/06/14 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
LoL. Yeah right. You say that, but when Scrub A is 1 point higher than perennial All Star B, all hell will break lose and you guys would be at the front of the linch mob.

Not me man, I know you are kidding but it will happen on here. I don't value the overall I value the individual ratings. If the individual ratings makes sense across the board then you hear no complaints from me. There is too much NBA data floating out there for free IMO for a company like 2K who pays for STATS or whatever else to get individual ratings between players wrong.

The overall is just the formula so they are improving and adjusting their formula to give more role players more value so I see nothing wrong here. In the grand scheme of things overall is "barbershop talk". Who is the best player in the NBA to most fans and what I care about is what this means to a MyLeague which is far more important to me.

What 2K really need to do is, have an individual fan type of rating call it "star power" or something similar and that value can boost your overall while keeping the same ratings you had based off of stats. The star rating can be say a boost to your MyGM finances by bringing in merchandise or money or get you voted to say All-star games even if you are injured or having an average year.

This has happened with Kobe, Rose, Yao, etc. you can keep going but you get my point. So this would satisfy casual fans but when you look at the real ratings you see haha player X who was an All-Star didn't really have that great of a year but is really just more popular so give him a popular boost that doesn't impact gameplay.

# 77 sticks323 @ 09/06/14 10:52 PM
Drummond is not a top 5 center in the league and he's an 83. Every other center better than him will be over 85.There will be a lot of players in the mid 80s since there are only 4 players with a 90 overall.

# 78 ojandpizza @ 09/06/14 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
Drummond is not a top 5 center in the league and he's an 83. Every other center better than him will be over 85.There will be a lot of players in the mid 80s since there are only 4 players with a 90 overall.

I'm thinking pretty much every above average player is going to be an 80+, especially after seeing how high the rookies are rated. I'm fine with lots of players being rated higher, but it seems as if there won't be much separating the "good" players from the All-Stars. Hopefully it won't matter, but that's something we won't know until we get the game.

# 79 ojandpizza @ 09/06/14 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
My point is your assessment is most likely incorrect.

You're right, because those stats are the 100% tell all of what makes a great player.

All I know is that if rebounding and athleticism play that large of a role there is no telling what guys like Dwight and Melo will be rated..

Melo can drop 30 at any time and still get you the double digit boards, Dwight is among the best rebounders, shot blockers, and scorers in the league.. At the rate these ratings are going those two might be higher than Durant lol.. Smh

Not serious win that last point, but damn..

Looking back at 2K14 the final rosters have Drummond at an 80 or 81 (can't remember) anyways.. So as long as the large chunk of guys who are better than him around 85+ players then everything should be good.

# 80 angelstrout @ 09/06/14 11:23 PM
Way too high at 83, I'm still having a tough time digesting him making the USA team along with Plumlee.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.