Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The 99th episode of the Press Row Podcast features an in-depth, candid interview with NBA 2K15 Senior Producer Rob Jones all about the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One version of 2K Sports’ basketball game. Host Rich Grisham talks with Rob about a number of key subjects, including how the team put their plans together for this year’s game, his thoughts on the controversy surrounding the implementation of VC in NBA 2K14 (and how it is changing this season), core gameplay features, and some of the cool new features and options players will have across NBA 2K15’s impressive number of game modes. It’s a fascinating look into the mindset of the NBA 2K team, and can only be found here at Operation Sports on the Press Row Podcast.

Joining us this week:
Rob Jones, Senior Producer, NBA 2K15 (@RobJones2K)
And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
  1. Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
  2. Email the show at [email protected]

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1:10

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RipCityAndy @ 09/05/14 03:32 PM
Direct download link?

# 2 syncinatti @ 09/05/14 07:44 PM
Controlled bounce and lob passes! Online leagues!!

# 3 24ct @ 09/05/14 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
Controlled bounce and lob passes! Online leagues!!
How are these different from last year? We could always throw lobs and bounces. What did I miss???

# 4 syncinatti @ 09/05/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
How are these different from last year? We could always throw lobs and bounces. What did I miss???
Bounce passes yes, lob passes no.

# 5 Superman38134 @ 09/05/14 11:21 PM
I'm really curious about the MyCareer additions they made. When asked about improvement focuses this year, it was the first thing he mentioned. Although he didn't go in depth, as that information is coming later, it seemed like there were some things he was excited about that he just couldn't talk about yet. And seeing as how that's the only mode I play practically, I'm intrigued and hopeful

# 6 WaddupCouzin @ 09/05/14 11:29 PM
Good interview Rich

# 7 TUSS11 @ 09/05/14 11:49 PM
Mike mo-capped sig shots in 2K7?!?!?!

Now that's impressive. Kudos!

# 8 silverskier @ 09/06/14 08:34 AM
So little info about online leagues. All they have to tell us is if we'll be able to edit sliders, quarters length, difficulty, reset games, have custom rosters and playbooks and have an open schedule. These are the basics for an online league in conditions, and it is not hard to tell us about them in 2 minutes. We had no online leagues in the nba2k14 iteration... at least they could clarify wether or not in this edition they will be present. 2 minutes it's what it takes to touch all these points.

# 9 silverskier @ 09/06/14 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
So little info about online leagues. All they have to tell us is if we'll be able to edit sliders, quarters length, difficulty, reset games, have custom rosters and playbooks and have an open schedule. These are the basics for an online league in conditions, and it is not hard to tell us about them in 2 minutes. We had no online leagues in the nba2k14 iteration... at least they could clarify wether or not in this edition they will be present. 2 minutes it's what it takes to touch all these points.
And I'm not talking about the podcast, I'm talking about 2k and vc way of marketing their product. The podcast was really good

# 10 Cherifanaiz @ 09/06/14 11:22 AM
DaZar talks about some information in the podcast, but I only understood something about the number of teams that you can control and how thr rest of the league will be controlled by the CPU!
There is some new abut the customizable sliders?, admin options? Improvements in the conection of the matches with friends?

Thanks in advance!!!

# 11 23 @ 09/06/14 02:01 PM
I hope we can run multiple myleagues because he said you can add classic teams and euro league teams.

I'd love to be able to get a Fiba league going along with a regular NBA season happening as well. That would pretty much take up most of my basketball time for the most part though

# 12 UnbelievablyRAW @ 09/06/14 04:28 PM
I hope the bug that caused settings not to save is fixed and that they add sliders to MyCareer

# 13 stillfeelme @ 09/06/14 05:22 PM
Best things I heard was:

• They are applying more details in how they distinguish shooters by shot of the dribble and spot up, and tendencies for this and he said this expanded the rating system. So it sounds like there are some new attributes and tendency that role up the overall rating.
  • Online leagues, custom rosters 2-30 Users

# 14 thedream2k13 @ 09/06/14 05:36 PM
Online league difficulty settings are what I want to know about. no more allstar default level leagues as we have in 2k14.

# 15 emelki1968 @ 09/06/14 06:40 PM
Wonderful podcast. Excellent job Mr. Grisham. I loved what I heard. Who knows, maybe I can play for the first time in an online league with some people from here. That would be awesome...if they can tolerate my English with a Spanish accent.

# 16 RUFFNREADY @ 09/06/14 08:43 PM
I loved the jab from Rob Jones - "Smart people realize, a stronger team, is a stronger team." Now what would you make of that? chuckle chuckle
BTW, we know the game will be good; just how much better, with all the fixes, is it going to be, with online being a major part of their focus! That is the million dollar question.
cheers

# 17 Maestro @ 09/06/14 08:53 PM
2k15 achievements :

xboxachievements.com/game/nba-2k15/achievements/

# 18 Clappington @ 09/06/14 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro
2k15 achievements :

xboxachievements.com/game/nba-2k15/achievements/
yea this has been out for some time now but the issue is its for last gen

# 19 Eman5805 @ 09/07/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I'm really curious about the MyCareer additions they made. When asked about improvement focuses this year, it was the first thing he mentioned. Although he didn't go in depth, as that information is coming later, it seemed like there were some things he was excited about that he just couldn't talk about yet. And seeing as how that's the only mode I play practically, I'm intrigued and hopeful
There's a lot they can edit just to add incentive playing as someone other than a PG and making your teammates not be brainless dullards that hold the ball and refuse to shoot just to keep your assist total down, even if you hit them when open.

# 20 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/07/14 06:35 AM
He again emphasised that association modes are one of the least popular. This is amazing to me; totally unbelievable.

Reading these boards for the last 5 years, I would have thought it was the most popular.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.