Home
The Golf Club News Post

Welcome to the 2014 PS4 O.S. Open Championship

We at Operation Sports are thrilled to bring the 1st annual Operation Sports Open Championship to be played at OS Hills. The tournament will consist of four rounds, and the individual with the lowest total score overall after all four rounds are completed, will be declared the winner. We appreciate your participation, and look forward to a wonderful event.

Each round will consist of 18 holes, and the winner with the lowest score of all four rounds combined will have his/her choice of a free game for any platform with a value of $60.00 or less. If there is any discrepancy in regards to the final outcome, the Administrator of Operation Sports will have the final ruling.

We would like to wish all who participate, good luck!

The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 121 globalbeats7 @ 09/06/14 01:50 PM
You can score on this course, just have to give yourself a chance on the relatively flat greens. Don't always seek the pin. Played all my rounds, ended up with a -9 I believe. Would of been -12 but i triple bogied the island par 3 where my ball got stuck behind the mound, it took my 4 chops to get it out. Good luck.

# 122 muelly @ 09/06/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
Now on the first tee....

From Madison, WI....

ILiveForThis.

G'luck gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madison? And your not watching or attending the badgers?

I'm about 90 minutes or so from madtown.

# 123 PadresFan @ 09/06/14 02:12 PM
You guys are really going to make me buy this so I can participate. Need my golf fix!

# 124 chrashbird @ 09/06/14 02:15 PM
Rnd #1 +11......thanks 13mph wind

Rnd #2 +11......thanks glitch on #14 where the ball rolled into the rocks and I had to take a 10 after being -1, had a hissy fit after and went more down hill.

Rnd #3 +2......would have been Even, sunk a 28 footer on the 6th for par, had hit my 2nd shot onto the green at 7 and got a connection error. When I loaded back in I was back at the 28 footer, missed and put my next drive in the bunker on 7 Grrrr.

Rnd #4 -7......should have been -8, but missed a 5 foot birdie

Overall +17

Guess its true what they say "You can't win the tournament on the first day, but you can lose it".

Anyone know who has low round of the tournament?

# 125 chrashbird @ 09/06/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrockinguy
whoever said to use the flop around 15 yards, I am buying you a drink!

Flopped in for eagle from 20 yards!
I'll have a lager top or a pint of shandy please!!!!!

# 126 OnlookerDelay @ 09/06/14 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
You can score on this course, just have to give yourself a chance on the relatively flat greens. Don't always seek the pin. Played all my rounds, ended up with a -9 I believe. Would of been -12 but i triple bogied the island par 3 where my ball got stuck behind the mound, it took my 4 chops to get it out. Good luck.
I played the first round with your ghost and you and I had quite a tussle! You were on fire through the first four holes and I wondered if you were going to birdie the whole course I played one of the top three rounds of my TGC career, going back to the closed beta, and shot a -7 for round one, to your -6. This is a tough course and a -7 under moderately windy conditions is a score I'll take all day long. I'll try to hook up with your ghost in round 2 and see if you can inspire me to play well again.

I do want to make a declaration here to everyone in this tournament just so that I'm not hiding anything that might be seen as a "cheat" by others. I am now playing the PS4 version of The Golf Club with a wired XBox 360 controller, which is emulating a DS4 controller via the CronusMax controller adapter. It has the same sensitivity and tuning settings as the DS4 using the default plug-in that comes with the CronusMax GTuner software. When I play the game using it, I get the same feel and swing path errors I get when I play the XBox One version of the game.

The whole reason I'm using it is because I have very long thumbs and the DS4 controller's lower left thumbstick position sets up an awkward angle between my thumb and the stick. It feels like a totally foreign game to me. The XBox 360 and XB1 controllers have thumbstick placements that are much better suited for me, ergonomically, than the DS4. I can hit the ball straighter because of the angles the stick creates, but I still miss shots left and right, straying outside the red cone. I go into more detail about how this makes TGC a complete visual and sensual package for me in this post at the official forum - http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...60688#msg60688

If anyone in this tournament has a problem with my using the XBox 360 controller in emulation mode, I'll understand and bow out of the competition with no hard feelings and no ill will.

# 127 CMUchips @ 09/06/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Now on the first tee....

From Madison, WI....

ILiveForThis.

G'luck gents.

You still need to teach me more about this game.

# 128 countryboy @ 09/06/14 02:34 PM
My first round didn't register. then got kicked off the game during round just now and its making me restart.

# 129 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/06/14 02:49 PM
Finished all four rounds and I established the tournament basement at +38

Bob hates me. Too many Ohio jokes during BF4 I think.

# 130 sroz39 @ 09/06/14 02:50 PM
Played my official first round of the tournament. +4 but if it's possible, it could have been a lot better or a lot worse at the same time. Holed out from 53yds on 17, made a 28ft birdie putt on 18 to get down from 6 over but a few mental mistakes cost me a round that would have been around even. - 7 and - 6 like the ghosts I was playing with is just absurdly good lol. Well done to those guys.

# 131 muelly @ 09/06/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrashbird
I'll have a lager top or a pint of shandy please!!!!!

I flop most often too. I have horrible luck chipping.

# 132 JP7555 @ 09/06/14 03:02 PM
Loving this.

PSN - Josh1982

# 133 JP7555 @ 09/06/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Now on the first tee....

From Madison, WI....

ILiveForThis.

G'luck gents.

I'm the guy right in front of you on the leader board.

# 134 ILiveForThis @ 09/06/14 03:20 PM
Finished my first two rounds - would be paired with "MBZ_YT" on moving day!

# 135 JP7555 @ 09/06/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Finished my first two rounds - would be paired with "MBZ_YT" on moving day!

I'm paired w/ the leader!

# 136 Stormyhog @ 09/06/14 03:34 PM
What section is OS Hills located in? I go to tour & tournament and it's not there. I see it in play round though. Just want to make sure I am playing it in the proper section. Thx.

# 137 Hoos @ 09/06/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
What section is OS Hills located in? I go to tour & tournament and it's not there. I see it in play round though. Just want to make sure I am playing it in the proper section. Thx.
It's under tours, search for OPERATION SPORTS OS HILLS (I think that's what it is called)

# 138 muelly @ 09/06/14 03:47 PM
Shot rounds if +5 and +6 stand at 11 over.

I'm happy with that considering I shot 14 over last nite in 1 rd.

# 139 muelly @ 09/06/14 03:49 PM
Apparently U have to golf all 4 rounds?

I shot 2 rounds and my youngest woke up from nap now I can't get back into it.

# 140 muelly @ 09/06/14 03:50 PM
That's pretty crappy. Guess I won't be playing this tournament or any. I almost never can sit and play for 2 hours continuously.

I found it it said continue and it puts me back to rd 1

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.