Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 was shown to GameStop managers last night. Some gamers had an opportunity to play as well, including NBA rookie of the year, Michael Carter-Williams.

I heard from a few people this morning, that the game was pulled from the GameStop Expo show floor, but that wasn't the case. It was only being shown last night. So there were no plans to show the game at all today.

And to that, I have to ask... WHY NOT?!?!?

What a great location to show what you have to the public. Is a three week delay really going to change the way the game is played at this very moment? Doubtful.

Instead of open letters the team should let gamers play the game at these specific events, let them provide real feedback, tweet about their experiences and get more word out about the game.

I want NBA Live 15 to succeed, but they are making it hard for me to believe in them.

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 WTF @ 09/11/14 04:02 PM
cool story bro.

# 62 bumpyface @ 09/12/14 03:55 AM
I just want to say that we the consumers are some straight up %#&^#@. We allow EA and 2k to do this to us every single year. Every year we wait, twidling our thumbs in anticipation for the next installment. We're given little info about the product, minimun gplay videos, like it's G-14 classified or something. I long for the day that these 2 companies show us, the consumer, that they appreciate our business. Why can Infinity Ward show us story and multiplayer gameplay months in advance, but these 2 hold onto info/videos like it's their last dime?

# 63 KyotoCarl @ 09/12/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I just want to say that we the consumers are some straight up %#&^#@. We allow EA and 2k to do this to us every single year. Every year we wait, twidling our thumbs in anticipation for the next installment. We're given little info about the product, minimun gplay videos, like it's G-14 classified or something. I long for the day that these 2 companies show us, the consumer, that they appreciate our business. Why can Infinity Ward show us story and multiplayer gameplay months in advance, but these 2 hold onto info/videos like it's their last dime?
I want to see the games too, but the companies don't owe us anything.
We don't need to buy the game on release day. Once it's released we will get plenty of videos and reviews to form an opinion and make a decision to buy or not.

# 64 Sundown @ 09/12/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
cool story bro.
Sadly a true one. :P

# 65 WTF @ 09/12/14 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Sadly a true one. :P
that was towards the banned comment.

# 66 Sundown @ 09/13/14 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
that was towards the banned comment.
Lol sorry. Tapatalk doesn't handle quotes or deleted posts very well.

# 67 jmood88 @ 09/13/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
While I think it's telling that EA refuses to show much, I don't understand why you need gameplay videos months ahead of time. What difference does it make if they show it a few months before or a few days before the release date? If you need time to watch videos and get impressions before buying the game, then just wait for it to be released and read reviews/impressions from other people. It's not like the game disappears from shelves if you don't buy it on the exact day it's released.

# 68 El_Poopador @ 09/13/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
While I think it's telling that EA refuses to show much, I don't understand why you need gameplay videos months ahead of time. What difference does it make if they show it a few months before or a few days before the release date? If you need time to watch videos and get impressions before buying the game, then just wait for it to be released and read reviews/impressions from other people. It's not like the game disappears from shelves if you don't buy it on the exact day it's released.
I think seeing gameplay videos ahead of times is more advantageous for the developers than the gamers. If they had started releasing videos earlier, they could gather feedback, and still have time to potentially fix issues that are pointed out. But waiting until a few weeks before release to show anything means anything we find wrong will still be wrong on release day.

# 69 King_B_Mack @ 09/13/14 02:53 PM
Not to mention the matter of pre-order bonuses and maybe some people would like to know if it's worth putting aside the money to buy the product, since everybody isn't fortunate enough to be able to just pull 60 bucks out of their pockets for a video game.

On that note and I do it with games sometimes, particularly when it's that time of year that all the best games come out. I don't want to go into a store and drop 150 dollars on games that I want at one time. So I can preorder some (or all) of them months ahead of release and pay 5 or 10 bucks a week until they're all paid off or at a more manageable price for me on release day. When we're treating these games like state's secrets though up until the last two weeks of release I can't do that and there's really no reason why it should be like that. Sports gamers get treated like **** because there are too many sports gamers who are all to willing to allow themselves to be treated like **** by these companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 70 jmood88 @ 09/13/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Not to mention the matter of pre-order bonuses and maybe some people would like to know if it's worth putting aside the money to buy the product, since everybody isn't fortunate enough to be able to just pull 60 bucks out of their pockets for a video game.

On that note and I do it with games sometimes, particularly when it's that time of year that all the best games come out. I don't want to go into a store and drop 150 dollars on games that I want at one time. So I can preorder some (or all) of them months ahead of release and pay 5 or 10 bucks a week until they're all paid off or at a more manageable price for me on release day. When we're treating these games like state's secrets though up until the last two weeks of release I can't do that and there's really no reason why it should be like that. Sports gamers get treated like **** because there are too many sports gamers who are all to willing to allow themselves to be treated like **** by these companies.

You can put aside money each week after the release date, too. If you're hesitant to buy a game, why do you need to have it on or near the release date? If you feel like a company is treating you like ****, then don't buy their products. Getting upset because they're not giving you information until a week or two before the game while still buying the game does nothing to show that you don't agree with what they're doing.

# 71 King_B_Mack @ 09/13/14 03:32 PM
I'm not buying the game man. I also don't think you should have to wait until November or December to buy a basketball game that releases in October because the company is saying nothing about the game.

# 72 WTF @ 09/13/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
It's just time for EA to admit defeat when it comes to NBA Live. It's over.
Great insight, since you have played it and all.

# 73 reptilexcq @ 09/13/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Hunchback and movement issues are still there and have been for X amount of years, and I'm tired of waiting to get that fixed.
I agreed on the hunchback animations. Every single player on the court run with a hunchback animations...it looks like that's the NBA LIVE signature for years. They need to completely revamped their capture....every single player run w/ hunchback. It's like they're using Robin Lopez of the Blazers to do running animations lol it's ridiculous. It doesn't look real to me.

# 74 da ThRONe @ 09/13/14 06:01 PM
I don't get why people equate not getting early info to a company not caring about them. If you think it's an attempt to hide a poor product that's logical. However to say EA is screwing us because they have barely shown the game a month or so out is off base.

# 75 GisherJohn24 @ 09/14/14 05:09 PM
If it was garbage I don't think they would have let anyone play it. Just my two cents

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.