Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 was shown to GameStop managers last night. Some gamers had an opportunity to play as well, including NBA rookie of the year, Michael Carter-Williams.

I heard from a few people this morning, that the game was pulled from the GameStop Expo show floor, but that wasn't the case. It was only being shown last night. So there were no plans to show the game at all today.

And to that, I have to ask... WHY NOT?!?!?

What a great location to show what you have to the public. Is a three week delay really going to change the way the game is played at this very moment? Doubtful.

Instead of open letters the team should let gamers play the game at these specific events, let them provide real feedback, tweet about their experiences and get more word out about the game.

I want NBA Live 15 to succeed, but they are making it hard for me to believe in them.

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mlp111 @ 09/10/14 01:40 PM

# 2 stillfeelme @ 09/10/14 01:40 PM
They don't want to show demo? That is strange man. There must be an animation bug they don't want the public seeing.

# 3 tsbmolina @ 09/10/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Hearing from people at the GameStop Expo that NBA Live 15 has been pulled from the show floor.
Lol, this is a joke right? Or is it April 1st already. This must be agonizing for Live fans. So sad really.

# 4 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/10/14 01:42 PM
Awaits NBA Live diehards to come in an explain why this is a positive move for EA.

# 5 tsbmolina @ 09/10/14 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Awaits NBA Live diehards to come in an explain why this is a positive move for EA.
Hahaha sorry not trying to be an arse but that was funny but true.

# 6 Mintsa @ 09/10/14 01:45 PM
Oh boy.....are really going back down that road again.......

# 7 tsbmolina @ 09/10/14 01:50 PM
This is when the Live forums go back to 5 people.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 09/10/14 01:52 PM
I thought it was only being shown last night anyway?

# 9 DonWuan @ 09/10/14 01:52 PM
Didn't ea announce that it was 1 night/day only in the other thread?

What's the issue?

# 10 Behindshadows @ 09/10/14 01:56 PM
At this point I'm done with this series, will wait until retail release! And I will wait to see reviews and final gameplay.

But definitely no longer buying at launch, I don't see this series ever returning to a fun felt game....Too many issues..Animations still mediocre compared to where it should be.

Stiffness that has plagued the series for almost 8 plus years still there and doesn't seem to be leaving. No matter how much better the animations look they have added.

Hunchback and movement issues are still there and have been for X amount of years, and I'm tired of waiting to get that fixed.

Like I told a friend the other day, NBA Live is the step child of EA's sports series, they don't even put it in it's lineup of games during marketing. They had to get their own site, not even represented on the official EA Sports site,.

Shows that the company doesn't really care about it, and I'm tired of wishful thinking. This is a big disappointment that just minor requested things still haven't been fixed nor added in the past 8 plus years.

I can't defend them anymore and I won't either, then the lack of sliders, etc. That was the nail in the coffin, there is absolutely no way anyone can defend that at all. It's not right for any sports genre, and should never be removed.

Create a player, sliders, settings and game manipulation is what makes our sports titles good. We don't remove features that people love, what happen to all the playbook options, etc. These are things we've loved about Live series for years, was the options.

14 took that away completely for flashy rewind modes. And now 15 continues a new tradition, of less control take what we give you.

This game has a lot of positives, but the tiny amount of negatives destroy all the good.

- Peace I'm out (Live series fan officially disappointed)

# 11 King_B_Mack @ 09/10/14 02:05 PM
Gotta call a spade a spade on this one man. They said in the tweet that somebody posted in the other thread that Live would be there for one night only. This thread is kind of misleading in that regard.

That said, it is ridiculous that it's only there for one brief appearance.

# 12 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan

What's the issue?
That's what I thought. Unless it was there this morning and they randomly pulled it while people were trying to look/play.

# 13 snocone @ 09/10/14 02:10 PM
Quote:

What's the issue?
They did, but its still weird as hell to only set it up for a single day. I mean if you have it set-up, it seems like less work to just keep it available

# 14 WTF @ 09/10/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I thought it was only being shown last night anyway?
Quote:

What's the issue?
There should be no issue. It was shown, positive feedback was given, it was said before the show that it was last night only.

# 15 King_B_Mack @ 09/10/14 02:10 PM
Okay, if the update is what happened then that's different. Because the tweet from yesterday was posed as if any fans in attendance could just come by and try out the game. If that's the way they tweeted and then turned around and only showed it to Gamestop managers and then packed it up and took off, that's definitely different.

# 16 WTF @ 09/10/14 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Gotta call a spade a spade on this one man. They said in the tweet that somebody posted in the other thread that Live would be there for one night only. This thread is kind of misleading in that regard.

That said, it is ridiculous that it's only there for one brief appearance.
As ridiculous as it is not to be there, we don't know what schedule there is for the devs. At least it was shown, and drew good feedback from the 3-4 people that I've seen post about it.

It was open for people to play, last night only, and that didn't change.

# 17 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/10/14 02:14 PM
What was the point of announcing anything if they were only going to show it one day to Gamestop managers?

# 18 King_B_Mack @ 09/10/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
As ridiculous as it is not to be there, we don't know what schedule there is for the devs. At least it was shown, and drew good feedback from the 3-4 people that I've seen post about it.

It was open for people to play, last night only, and that didn't change.
That's not really a good excuse man. That's what you have PR people for. Social media guys etc.

# 19 thedream2k13 @ 09/10/14 02:22 PM
Didn't want the public getting hands on the game huh? Was it in bad shape?/don't want to be compared to the competition? What is the reason for this? The people that matter are in attendance TODAY!

I guess we will now see GameStop excessively advertising NBA live now whenever people come in to preorder the other game

# 20 mbrancato157 @ 09/10/14 02:23 PM
Really makes me question the "positive feedback" this games been receiving if it's coming from mangers that will sell the game. Makes you wonder if they have some incentive to praise it

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.