Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 31st overall rated player through 50. The top 30 will be revealed soon.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 commandoelite5 @ 09/25/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
What I won't do is short change a guy the formula overrates. Lance produces a very high overall because he is an extremely well rounded player. He doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. All around players will always generate a higher overall. Once you grab the game and get a chance to dive into the individual attributes let me know what you disagree with. Always receptive to feedback
Okay that makes sense, thanks! Not trying to be too critical of the ratings, just offering up my opinion. Excited for the game to come out and to see what this new rating system is all about.

# 62 jpshua15 @ 09/25/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
So now we are basing players ratings on potential? Okay, so Jabari Parker should be a 99. Potential shouldn't effect their ratings for this year, that's just stupid.
I wasnt talking about potential in regards to his rating, I think he deserves an 84 for the player he is now. He has the potential to become 88-89 one day imo

# 63 scottyp180 @ 09/25/14 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Bosh seems grossly underrated in contrast to other PF's. This will be changed anyway as the season progresses.
He will definitely get a boost throughout the year since he will have to play a bigger role for the heat resulting in higher production. I don't see 84 as being "grossly underrated" for Bosh. He's still a good player but he isn't the star he once was. I can't see him being rated any higher than 88 tops, 86 sounds about accurate.

# 64 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/25/14 09:51 PM
Quote:
Okay that makes sense, thanks! Not trying to be too critical of the ratings, just offering up my opinion. Excited for the game to come out and to see what this new rating system is all about.
Didn't take it as too critical at all. Love hearing everyone's opinion, keep it coming! Was offering some insight as to why he might have came out higher than you might expect. Thanks

# 65 KingTocco @ 09/25/14 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Didn't take it as too critical at all. Love hearing everyone's opinion, keep it coming! Was offering some insight as to why he might have came out higher than you might expect. Thanks
Can you offer some insight as to why Mike Conley is an 83? I would've put him more around 85-86 and definitely higher than D-Will.

Just curious, I think defensively Conley is arguably the PG

# 66 scottyp180 @ 09/25/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.
Since when does an 84 rating make someone amazing? Lance's numbers are likely going up this year since he will be the number 1 guy for the Hornets. I don't see him being much worse than 84.I think it's a bit crazy how people react over overall ratings especially without seeing the attributes that factor into the overall. As long as players are playing like themselves, I don't think being a few overall points off will make a huge difference.

So far I'd say the ratings are pretty accurate. You can make an argument for players being over/under rated but I haven't noticed anything extremely out of the ordinary. Plus we all know ratings will be adjusted as the year goes on. Nothing is set in stone. I am liking what I see so far. Ratings seem lower than past years (I recall more players being 85+). I can't wait to see how the ratings and badges translate onto the court.

# 67 gremdog8 @ 09/25/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.
I don't think we are at that point in 2k where we can blow in other guys ears. Antics isn't a attribute, the dude has talent so 2k and beds see that. I'll agree with you on Parsons tho, I think Houston messed up on not just signing him to his 1 year deal then let him be an unrestricted free agent cause I think he would of gave Houston a discount and not that crazy 15 mil per year deal Dallas done.

# 68 City_foxx @ 09/25/14 10:31 PM
Speaking of lance (gona miss you #bourneready) i think he rating is some under his value to the team. i Fell like he got stiffed on sig skills and badges last year. i propoSe he has these badges ankle breaker silver,MIND GAMES, SWAGGER,scrapper silver,unpredictable, tenacious rebounder bronze. Acrobat bronze, one man fast break silver, dimer bronze, peremeter lock down defender,intercepter bronze.Streaky,fierce competeter Any others im missing? Also i would love to see some lanceamations in game instead of sitting on bench he stands by gm, the dramtic flop mocking where he layed dead then look up to see if any one was looking bench taunting(CHOKE) and of course ear blowing =)

# 69 eko718 @ 09/25/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
He will definitely get a boost throughout the year since he will have to play a bigger role for the heat resulting in higher production. I don't see 84 as being "grossly underrated" for Bosh. He's still a good player but he isn't the star he once was. I can't see him being rated any higher than 88 tops, 86 sounds about accurate.
I agree with your range, 86-88. That was actually what I was anticipating based on how other guys are rated.

Bosh is probably the best midrange shooter amongst big's along with Dirk, is efficient from behind the arc, has a good low post game, was the best pick and roll defender in the league last year and is one of the top defensive big's overall.

Bosh's stats last year are very comparable to Dirk for example(who is an 88 overall), with the major advantage to Dirk being 3 point shooting accuracy and more shot attempts. Bosh in contrast to Dirk however is a two-way player and more athletic, which is why Dirk at an 88 and Bosh at an 84 seems like a gross underrate of Bosh to me.

It's kind of like the scenario with Isaiah Thomas and Kyrie Irving who have nearly identical stats (IT is more efficient, a better defender and athlete as well) and yet Kyrie is an 86 and IT an 80. These are things where I guess we just got to see how the individual ratings breakdown.

# 70 commandoelite5 @ 09/25/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Since when does an 84 rating make someone amazing? Lance's numbers are likely going up this year since he will be the number 1 guy for the Hornets. I don't see him being much worse than 84.I think it's a bit crazy how people react over overall ratings especially without seeing the attributes that factor into the overall. As long as players are playing like themselves, I don't think being a few overall points off will make a huge difference.

So far I'd say the ratings are pretty accurate. You can make an argument for players being over/under rated but I haven't noticed anything extremely out of the ordinary. Plus we all know ratings will be adjusted as the year goes on. Nothing is set in stone. I am liking what I see so far. Ratings seem lower than past years (I recall more players being 85+). I can't wait to see how the ratings and badges translate onto the court.
Okay you lost me at being the Hornets number 1 guy. That belongs to Al Jefferson, followed by Kemba Walker. Say what you will about the ratings but to me he is the number 3 guy in Charlotte.

# 71 eko718 @ 09/26/14 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyProdigy
The argument with Bosh is not valid, since he is rated as a CENTER and not a Power Forward. I believe in the game if you switch him to PF, his rating should definitely be much closer to Dirk, if not the same. As a Center, Bosh's attributes accumulate to be 84. I think Bosh will be 86-88 as a PF, higher than Paul Millsap.
Good point. When the game drops, we will see if the position is the difference maker ratings wise.

# 72 Trini94 @ 09/26/14 02:08 AM
Did they ever release Bledsoe rating?

# 73 Ownal0t @ 09/26/14 05:25 AM
I must say, as a net fan I really don't Think dwill is better than Joe johnson.and especially brook Lopez (best player on team) I know this is a new system but im literally lmaoing at this

# 74 icemanfrost @ 09/26/14 05:36 AM
This should be interesting
So you got parker, duncan, and kiwi above a 85
Me personally think ginobli should be a 85
Im curious what kiwi rating will be and what badges he get

# 75 Mintsa @ 09/26/14 08:34 AM
Man......Kyle Lowry keeps making the cut. He's getting mad respect from 2k this year.

# 76 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/26/14 08:48 AM
Haven't had a problem with a single rating so far

# 77 ejohns1004 @ 09/26/14 10:59 AM
2K is really overrating someone in Kyrie Irving, whose only professional accomplishment is being the best player on a team that got the number one overall pick twice in four years. I like Uncle Drew and all that, but top thirty in the NBA is pushing it for what he may do on a super team.

# 78 8KB24 @ 09/26/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
So you think that if Boogie was on a better team he would easily be the best big man in the game?!

IMO I think you are completely wrong. I would have Dwight and Noah rated above him with Boogie and Al Jefferson being tied for 3rd. I would have Marc Gasol 5th
Boogie put better stats than everyone else in the NBA at the center position, so yes, I think if you put him on a team that is 55-27 or sth like that he becomes easily their best player because 22-11 is awesome in todays leage where great and productive all-around centers are hard to come by. If I'm not mistaken(I might as well be), only centers to achieve that are Big Al and Boogie(And Unibrow if you call him a center). But for a team like Hornets Boogie would be better option than Big Al, but for a team like Spurs or Bulls Noah is better option than everyone else not named Tim Duncan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshua15
Boogie aint better than Joakim. Put Boogie in the Bulls' situation last year and they dont win as many games as they do with Noah.

But dont get me wrong. Boogie is a beast.
That's because Noah is perfect for Bulls. He's amazing defender and great facilitator. Also his locker room presence cannot be measurable. I'm saying, that if you put Boogie on every team in the NBA and put Noah on the every team in the NBA, I think that Boogie would win in how many teams got better with him on board(also by how much). Boogie is good defender(not as good as Noah) but Noah, IMO, is not close to being the offensive threat that Boogie is.

# 79 eko718 @ 09/26/14 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfrost
This should be interesting
So you got parker, duncan, and kiwi above a 85
Me personally think ginobli should be a 85
Im curious what kiwi rating will be and what badges he get
Kawhi is an 85.

# 80 CaliDude916 @ 09/26/14 03:07 PM
My boy Cousins might finally get some love this year. Being rated an 81 in the last couple games was a disgrace for the best Center in the league. We're already at 85 OVR and he hasn't been on the list yet. Here's to hoping for a 90+!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.