Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

For the first time ever, Bo Jackson will be appearing within the Madden NFL series. If you own Madden, you will get the chance to own Bo in Madden Ultimate Team as well as Madden NFL Mobile (which is basically a mobile Ultimate Team game).

There will also be special Bo-themed Live Events available which will allow you to use Bo Jackson to earn rewards for your team.

While it's doubtful Jackson will be as dominant as his Tecmo Super Bowl self, it will be fun to play as one of the greatest athletes of all time in Madden.

What do you think of Jackson's inclusion into Madden's Ultimate Team mode?

Full press release below.

BO JACKSON SPINS, STIFF-ARMS AND DIVES INTO MADDEN NFL 15 ULTIMATE TEAM & MADDEN NFL MOBILE

Legendary Player Makes Grand Debut to Madden NFL Franchise

Today EA SPORTS™ revealed that the legendary Bo Jackson will be coming to Madden NFL 15 and Madden NFL Mobile. This marks the first time ever Jackson has appeared in the Madden NFL franchise, and fans will have the opportunity to add Bo to their team in Madden Ultimate Team within Madden NFL 15, as well as utilize his skills in Madden NFL Mobile.

Anyone logging into Madden Ultimate Team or Madden NFL Mobile between December 22 and January 1 will receive a unique Rookie Bo Jackson item to use on their squad with a limited-time stat boost.* Fans will also enjoy a custom Ultimate Team Solo Challenge in Madden NFL 15 that will showcase Bo’s legendary speed and power.

A Rookie Jackson with a limited-time boost will also be granted to Madden NFL Mobile players, letting you crush your rivals not only on your console, but on mobile devices as well. Special Bo-themed Live Events will also be available that allow you to use one of the greatest athletes the NFL has ever seen to earn rewards for your team.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gman 18 @ 12/08/14 12:33 PM
Too bad he wont be available to use for CFM instead of being available for madden mobile, but knowing EA...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 2 4thQtrStre5S @ 12/08/14 01:28 PM
Seems the solo challenge would be best to pit Jackson against Brian Bosworth and see if the user can make Bo Jackson run him over again for a TD...

Jackson's "injury" rating will probably not reflect his short career ended by injury...

# 3 BadAssHskr @ 12/08/14 04:24 PM
this came across facebook this morning like:

"What you've all be waiting for..."
"HUGE MADDEN ANNOUNCEMENT"

i thought they meant penalties....

# 4 oneamongthefence @ 12/08/14 08:00 PM
This is why we need signature animations. He'll look like Bo (maybe) but he won't rUN like Bo. He'll run like every other player in the game.

# 5 Fist Of Kings @ 12/08/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
This is why we need signature animations. He'll look like Bo (maybe) but he won't rUN like Bo. He'll run like every other player in the game.
That's why I never really got into mut. I see no point on building teams with current and legend players when they all play the same.

# 6 Gman 18 @ 12/08/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
this came across facebook this morning like:

"What you've all be waiting for..."
"HUGE MADDEN ANNOUNCEMENT"

i thought they meant penalties....
Yeah this definititely isn't what we have all heen waiting for. Working penalties and functional sliders getting implemented is what most of us truly have been waiting for

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 7 kingsofthevalley @ 12/09/14 04:13 AM
I've never really been interested in MUT. Now if I could populate my Connected Franchise with these legend players, that would be great!! Sometimes I don't get the design decisions made by developers, it really throws me off. For example, with all of the legend players that are actually IN the game (I mean they're really a modeled character IN the game for christs sake) why aren't they available on the list of selectable legend players before you start a CFM?

# 8 JohnDoe8865 @ 12/09/14 05:29 AM
I'd love to use Bo in Play Now games just to reminisce. Too bad he's wasted in MUT. Really a TON of legends that could be fun to play with in play now or a fantasy draft are confined to MUT. I guess that's the reality of it these days though. Ah well.

# 9 4thQtrStre5S @ 12/09/14 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
So essentially we get a player for MUT that wears the same uniform and accessories as Bo Jackson. The player won't have a face scan, more than likely, and will not play like Bo Jackson. MUT is the least interesting of the game modes, and quite frankly, doesn't interest me at all. How is this incredible news, and why should we care?

This player " limited-time stat boost.*? WTH does that even mean anyway? And this " letting you crush your rivals not only on your console, but on mobile devices as well." Really? Just Really?

Everything else that is wrong with this game.... and they provide this. This is where they are spending their time. Nothing but a slap in the face
Most likely cause MUT brings in money, hence the time spent on making it the most attractive... MUT is essentially like a play for free game; you get the bare minimums to play the game for free, but to really compete you need to spend money to upgrade, and in the end, you spend well over $60.00 that it would cost for a normal game....Facebook is full of these games like Farmville and Cityville...

# 10 jyod21 @ 12/09/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Most likely cause MUT brings in money, hence the time spent on making it the most attractive... MUT is essentially like a play for free game; you get the bare minimums to play the game for free, but to really compete you need to spend money to upgrade, and in the end, you spend well over $60.00 that it would cost for a normal game....Facebook is full of these games like Farmville and Cityville...
Minus the whole free part...

# 11 SmashMan @ 12/09/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
Minus the whole free part...
It's possible to assemble a competitive team without spending a dime, it just takes more time. Obviously EA is counting on the instant gratification mentality to get people to just spend money to advance in the mode, but you absolutely do not have to spend any money whatsoever.

# 12 Gman 18 @ 12/09/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I've never really been interested in MUT. Now if I could populate my Connected Franchise with these legend players, that would be great!! Sometimes I don't get the design decisions made by developers, it really throws me off. For example, with all of the legend players that are actually IN the game (I mean they're really a modeled character IN the game for christs sake) why aren't they available on the list of selectable legend players before you start a CFM?

I guess it takes a genius at EA to figure that out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 12/09/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Bro I've been saying this for years! I don't get the big deal about MUT or drafting being that all players play & animate the same way for the most part. We need signature animations asap!

# 14 BadAssHskr @ 12/09/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

and with all this added revenue, they should in turn invest in the core product.

put out a superior product, sell more copies, have more mut interest, make more money, turn out a better product, sell more copies, more mut players, make more money.......

# 15 Cardot @ 12/09/14 11:56 PM
As a cranky old timer I also have no interest in UT and can't wait for the fad to end.

# 16 jyod21 @ 12/10/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
It's possible to assemble a competitive team without spending a dime, it just takes more time. Obviously EA is counting on the instant gratification mentality to get people to just spend money to advance in the mode, but you absolutely do not have to spend any money whatsoever.
I'm talking about the actual game. You have to spend money to buy Madden before you can even get into those over modes. Pay for play games are free.

# 17 BleedGreen710 @ 12/10/14 01:19 PM
i dont get it. he was in previous years madden ultimate teams before. he was even one of the players you started out with. why is this newsworthy?

# 18 SmashMan @ 12/10/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
I'm talking about the actual game. You have to spend money to buy Madden before you can even get into those over modes. Pay for play games are free.
Ah - my mistake, man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.